corner corner CLOSED: Oppem's International Birthday RABCK Group 2018

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

CLOSED: Oppem's International Birthday RABCK Group 2018

Oppem started a wonderful birthday RABCK thread in 2012 and in her memory each year we continued with great success and it is now time to sign up for the 2018 Birthday Group.

Once the signup list closes ****NO**** new players will be added so don't delay.
Everyone, new & old has to email me with details if they wish to be included.

If you want to join this INTERNATIONAL Birthday RABCK -

1. Current players just pm me or post here if you are in or out. I have the address list saved. (Unless your address has changed/you are moving(see #3)

2. New players pm me your name, birthday, and current address. INTERNATIONAL players please tell me your complete address including city, territory/province/federal state, country. A lot of people order books from Better World Books/Thrift Books for the group and they need city/state and province/federal state for more accurate shipping.

3. If you are planning to move this coming year(2018) make a note in your pm so I can note it on the master list to check before sending.

4.******** It would be very nice for you to put on your profile page things that you like and wouldn't mind getting for your birthday-for example postcards new or used, bookmarks, BC labels, stickers, chocolate, tea, calendars, used stamps, things you collect, or types of books you would be ok with even though they are not on your wishlist. Also take a few minutes to update your wishlist as you may be getting several books from it and a big selection is a plus. It really helps to find something to send if you don't happen to have a wishlist book available.*******

Once you have the list for 2018 start sending birthday cards and/or books/presents. (I'll pm you the address list when the thread closes for the year) it's always awesome to find a card or present from another country in your mailbox on your birthday!

Everyone should participate as much as they can by sending something to as many people on the birthday list as possible. Many members might only send birthday cards or you can send gifts/books to all, it's up to each person what they send. The 2017 participation has been awesome with the majority of Birthday's lasting a month or more with gifts coming in!

PLEASE -*** ONLY JOIN THIS RABCK IF YOU ARE PREPARED TO SEND GIFTS/ BOOKS / CARDS TO MOST PEOPLE ON THE LIST AND ALSO WHEN YOU RECEIVED A BOOK / CARD / GIFT PLEASE THANK THE KIND PERSON WHO SENT YOU SOMETHING AND POST ON THE THANK YOU PAGE SO EVERYONE CAN SHARE IN THE FUN. ***. I have kept track of people who are signed up but don't seem to want to send out items. This is NOT the place to sign up for free gifts if you are not going to send out somethings as well.

The signup's will close no later than November 20th

Player List: (38)
January
9-Erishkigal (USA)
15-MissMarkey (UK)
31-bethieb (USA)

February
3-OPPEM (send a random RABCK to someone/wild release a book in her memory)
10-dark-draco (UK)
11-LadyIndigo (Australia)

March
2-rubyrebel (USA)
24-T_richardson_x (UK)
26-MargaridaPires (Portugal)

April
19-LittleWhiteBird (USA)

May
8-Lamilla (Belarus)
9-Bookworm-lady (Spain)
16-mscar (CAN)
27-NatalieC7 (England)

June
8-Barbieq233 (USA)
25-heartthumper (USA)
30-thegoaliegirl (USA) (moving this year)

July
3-Brookler (CAN)
5-lauraloo29 (CAN)
18-bamaforever (USA)
20-HI77 (USA)
28-Cfreckle (UK)

August
1-alexiapapa (Greece)
2-nmugirl (USA)
27-T02S03B11D20 (USA)
28-etherea (USA)

September
14-J4shaw (USA)(moving this year)
17-keeta1 (NZ)
29-kiwiinengland (NZ)

October
5-carelaisa (CAN)
19-bookwormess (FIN)
23-elizardbreath (USA)
24-tomato68 (USA)
26-Meekachu07 (USA)
27-Poodlesister (UK)

November
29-tabby-cat-owner (USA)
30-hyphen8 (USA)

December
7-eponine38 (USA)
13-Southernfryed (USA)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Oppem started a wonderful birthday RABCK thread in 2012 and in her memory each year we continued with great success and it is now time to sign up for the 2018 Birthday Group.

Once the signup list closes ****NO**** new players will be added so don't delay.
Everyone, new & old has to email me with details if they wish to be included.

If you want to join this INTERNATIONAL Birthday RABCK -

1. Current players just pm me or post here if you are in or out. I have the address list saved. (Unless your address has changed/you are moving(see #3)

2. New players pm me your name, birthday, and current address. INTERNATIONAL players please tell me your complete address including city, territory/province/federal state, country. A lot of people order books from Better World Books/Thrift Books for the group and they need city/state and province/federal state for more accurate shipping.

3. If you are planning to move this coming year(2018) make a note in your pm so I can note it on the master list to check before sending.

4.******** It would be very nice for you to put on your profile page things that you like and wouldn't mind getting for your birthday-for example postcards new or used, bookmarks, BC labels, stickers, chocolate, tea, calendars, used stamps, things you collect, or types of books you would be ok with even though they are not on your wishlist. Also take a few minutes to update your wishlist as you may be getting several books from it and a big selection is a plus. It really helps to find something to send if you don't happen to have a wishlist book available.*******

Once you have the list for 2018 start sending birthday cards and/or books/presents. (I'll pm you the address list when the thread closes for the year) it's always awesome to find a card or present from another country in your mailbox on your birthday!

Everyone should participate as much as they can by sending something to as many people on the birthday list as possible. Many members might only send birthday cards or you can send gifts/books to all, it's up to each person what they send. The 2017 participation has been awesome with the majority of Birthday's lasting a month or more with gifts coming in!

PLEASE -*** ONLY JOIN THIS RABCK IF YOU ARE PREPARED TO SEND GIFTS/ BOOKS / CARDS TO MOST PEOPLE ON THE LIST AND ALSO WHEN YOU RECEIVED A BOOK / CARD / GIFT PLEASE THANK THE KIND PERSON WHO SENT YOU SOMETHING AND POST ON THE THANK YOU PAGE SO EVERYONE CAN SHARE IN THE FUN. ***. I have kept track of people who are signed up but don't seem to want to send out items. This is NOT the place to sign up for free gifts if you are not going to send out somethings as well.

The signup's will close no later than November 20th

Player List: (38)
January
9-Erishkigal (USA)
15-MissMarkey (UK)
31-bethieb (USA)

February
3-OPPEM (send a random RABCK to someone/wild release a book in her memory)
10-dark-draco (UK)
11-LadyIndigo (Australia)

March
2-rubyrebel (USA)
24-T_richardson_x (UK)
26-MargaridaPires (Portugal)

April
19-LittleWhiteBird (USA)

May
8-Lamilla (Belarus)
9-Bookworm-lady (Spain)
16-mscar (CAN)
27-NatalieC7 (England)

June
8-Barbieq233 (USA)
25-heartthumper (USA)
30-thegoaliegirl (USA) (moving this year)

July
3-Brookler (CAN)
5-lauraloo29 (CAN)
18-bamaforever (USA)
20-HI77 (USA)
28-Cfreckle (UK)

August
1-alexiapapa (Greece)
2-nmugirl (USA)
27-T02S03B11D20 (USA)
28-etherea (USA)

September
14-J4shaw (USA)(moving this year)
17-keeta1 (NZ)
29-kiwiinengland (NZ)

October
5-carelaisa (CAN)
19-bookwormess (FIN)
23-elizardbreath (USA)
24-tomato68 (USA)
26-Meekachu07 (USA)
27-Poodlesister (UK)

November
29-tabby-cat-owner (USA)
30-hyphen8 (USA)

December
7-eponine38 (USA)
13-Southernfryed (USA)
Profile Image
Sending PM
Profile Image

Pm sent

Finally taking the plunge for 2018 ;)
Profile Image
Thanks for organising!
Profile Image
Thanks for setting this up one more year... always fun!:)
Profile Image
I love this.
Profile Image
I'd like to join in for another year :)
Profile Image
And thank you so much for hosting again!
Profile Image
This is the best part of my birthday. Thanks for organizing it again!
Profile Image

Yes Please

Thank you for organising it x
Profile Image

me too.

I would like to part of this again please. Like I need a good reasons to go shopping.
Profile Image
Address is the same. Thanks!
Profile Image
I'll never get to move again. Thanks for hosting!
Profile Image

I'm excited

to take part for the first time. Thanks for hosting!
Profile Image
I'm so sorry on being so late on sending the last gifts, but I'm still getting used to my new work schedule, so I don't have a lot of free time. I'm working on those gifts and they will go on their journey very soon ;)
Profile Image
This group really is the best part of my birthday and I love helping to make others birthdays special too.
Profile Image
please count me in again as well.
Profile Image
Weee!
Profile Image
I'd like to participate again.
Profile Image
welcome~!
Profile Image
Profile Image

i'm in

Profile Image
I'm up for another year - infos are still the same!
Profile Image
got you both!
Profile Image
we need some more players so please encourage your BC friends to join us in this fun group.

Profile Image
Thanks so much for continuing this. It's so much fun!
Profile Image

I'm in!

It'll be so much fun to send cards (and maybe surprises) through the year.
Profile Image
Thanks for organizing this, bookstogive.
Profile Image
Please count me in again.
Profile Image
And would like to be a 2018 member
Profile Image
got everyone to this point
Profile Image
I sent you a PM. No address change--I promise to do better this year! Thanks for all you do for this group!
Profile Image
Got you both thanks!
Profile Image

I'm in again

and have sent a PM, thanks.
Profile Image
Got you added.

Only 4 more days till this closes and we could use some more participants. Tell your BC friends!!
Profile Image
Got you added.

I read this as "Got you Addicted." LOL!
Profile Image
Got you added.

Only 4 more days till this closes and we could use some more participants. Tell your BC friends!!
Profile Image

LAST DAY!

This is the last day to sign up so don't delay
Profile Image
The more the merrier for all months!
Profile Image
anyone else interested?
Profile Image

:)

I've been waffling with all the chaos but I do want to join. :)
Profile Image
I will get the list updated and out to everyone this week. Please let me know if you have not received it by Sunday November 26th
Profile Image
hoping you will go back and add your name in
Profile Image
hoping you will go back and add your name in

Oh, that must be an oversight, isn't it? It wouldn't be fair for bookstogive to do all the work and not let us send her goodies!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.