corner corner [Closed] Tea and Mystery Sweepstakes - Round 33

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[Closed] Tea and Mystery Sweepstakes - Round 33

I was the very lucky winner of round 32 of this long running sweeps. It has been a really fun sweeps with many different mysteries and tea, old favourites and new delights in both categories. I am still going through them, thanks to the lovely people who sent them last round.

It is time to start Round 33, so that one lucky participant will receive mysteries and tea to enjoy in the cold months, and during the Summer for our Australian/New Zealand friends.

Here are the instructions (most are shamelessly copied and pasted):

First post here to enter. If you wish you can also specify in this thread, e.g. the type of tea you prefer but it is just a guideline for the senders which they can choose to follow or ignore.

PM me with your mailing details and please put “Tea and mystery sweepstakes” in the subject line. If you wish to join as send only, you do not need to send mailing details.

I’ll draw two names - one winner and one decoy - before November 10 or when we have enough participants, to avoid the busy holiday mail - please spread the word!

I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).

You are expected to send a mystery/thriller/crime book and some tea (the amount and type is for you to decide) to the winner/decoy.

If you don’t think you will be able to send a book and tea, please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all) when you expect everyone else to send a book and tea if you are the winner.

Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here of by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.

The winner will host the next round within 1-2 months of the draw. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let’s keep this sweepstakes going! :)

Good luck everyone! Oh and, by the way, don’t forget to update your wishlist for mystery/thriller/crime books!!!

Post below to enter and let's start the game !

=====================
Closing Date : Nov 10, 2017
=====================

Participants:

kirjakko (Finland) - received
Bookworm-lady (Spain)
anathema-device (Austria) - received
bookfrogster (UK)
bluezwuzl (Germany)
Cassandra2020 (UK)
book-a-neer (Australia)
J4shaw (USA) - withdrawn
Harobed82 (France) - received

Send Only:
mcsar (Canada)
keeta1 (New Zealand)
Lamilla (Belarus)
yorkshire-lass (UK)
kangaroo (UK)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was the very lucky winner of round 32 of this long running sweeps. It has been a really fun sweeps with many different mysteries and tea, old favourites and new delights in both categories. I am still going through them, thanks to the lovely people who sent them last round.

It is time to start Round 33, so that one lucky participant will receive mysteries and tea to enjoy in the cold months, and during the Summer for our Australian/New Zealand friends.

Here are the instructions (most are shamelessly copied and pasted):

First post here to enter. If you wish you can also specify in this thread, e.g. the type of tea you prefer but it is just a guideline for the senders which they can choose to follow or ignore.

PM me with your mailing details and please put “Tea and mystery sweepstakes” in the subject line. If you wish to join as send only, you do not need to send mailing details.

I’ll draw two names - one winner and one decoy - before November 10 or when we have enough participants, to avoid the busy holiday mail - please spread the word!

I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).

You are expected to send a mystery/thriller/crime book and some tea (the amount and type is for you to decide) to the winner/decoy.

If you don’t think you will be able to send a book and tea, please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all) when you expect everyone else to send a book and tea if you are the winner.

Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here of by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.

The winner will host the next round within 1-2 months of the draw. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let’s keep this sweepstakes going! :)

Good luck everyone! Oh and, by the way, don’t forget to update your wishlist for mystery/thriller/crime books!!!

Post below to enter and let's start the game !

=====================
Closing Date : Nov 10, 2017
=====================

Participants:

kirjakko (Finland) - received
Bookworm-lady (Spain)
anathema-device (Austria) - received
bookfrogster (UK)
bluezwuzl (Germany)
Cassandra2020 (UK)
book-a-neer (Australia)
J4shaw (USA) - withdrawn
Harobed82 (France) - received

Send Only:
mcsar (Canada)
keeta1 (New Zealand)
Lamilla (Belarus)
yorkshire-lass (UK)
kangaroo (UK)
Profile Image

Early Bird

Well, actually a night owl, but I'm in all the same.
With tea I like all varieties (as long as there is tea in it, tisanes taste a bit like the washing up water), but crime should be the cosy variety, nothing gruesome, violent or too thrilling. I am a wimp.
Profile Image
Welcome, my early bird, for your enthusiast entry.
Profile Image
I can't let kirjakko alone, after her unique entry... :)
PMing you now, thanks for setting this up...
Profile Image
Oh, another owl. It would have been very dull to be here on my own.
Profile Image
Oh, another owl. It would have been very dull to be here on my own.

I just couldn't let that happen... :)
Profile Image
I've already won more than my fair share of sweeps this year :)
Profile Image
I have amassed a huge stack of all kinds of mysteries and thrillers (from cosy to gory), and as a bookcrosser I naturally love sharing things (especially a good reading experince), and I love surprises! So whatever happens in this round, I know it will make me happy. :)

PMing now. Teas and tisanes all welcome, just nothing with marigolds (allergy) or blackcurrant (antipathy), please.
Profile Image

Send only

please
Profile Image
PM on the way. :-)
Profile Image
This is shaping nicely.
Profile Image
There's nothing better on a stormy autumn evening than reading a cozy mystery with a pot of delicious tea on your side!
I like tea best without artificial flavouring, as there are so many exciting varieties of plain tea from all over the world!
Profile Image
There's nothing better on a stormy autumn evening than reading a cozy mystery with a pot of delicious tea on your side!

Totally agreed.
Welcome and good luck.
Profile Image
Not joined one of these before, so interested to see how it all works.
Profile Image

You're in.

Honoured that I am hosting the first one you joined. Good luck.
Profile Image
I have a book! And tea! Please sign me up - PM'ing you now..
Profile Image
Welcome, and changed to send only as requested.
Profile Image
I'd like to join please.

PM coming.
Profile Image
Welcome and good luck.
Profile Image

Bump

to page 1.
Profile Image
Profile Image
I’ve got some interesting tea bags here, collected from various countries that would be great to share.
For me I like black teas, not too big a fan of green or white tea. I do prefer loose leaf, but don’t turn my nose up at bags.

There is info about my reading on my profile page, and I’m J4shaw on Goodreads if you want to check if I’ve already read something.
Profile Image
Welcome and good luck.
Profile Image

Weekend bump.

Profile Image
PMing you now!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining. Good luck!
Profile Image

Last call.

Profile Image
The sweepstakes is now closed. Thank you all for entering. I am sending the PMs now. Please send something nice to the winner.

Our lucky winner will be getting twelve gifts and the decoy will get something from the winner. Don't forget to post to let us know when something lands in your mailbox.
Profile Image
I think (I hope) I found the perfect book for this BCer. :)
Profile Image
You certainly did! Thank you so much
Profile Image
Congratulations to the winner.
Profile Image
Please winner/decoy remember you're supposed to post here as well, so everyone knows what you've received! :)

"As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got."
Profile Image

Woo hoo

I've received two books and tea now. Thank you all so much and big thanks to mcsar for organising. I have to admit delaying this post in case I had misunderstood and in case I spoilt the anticipation for anyone.
As this is my first sweep I may need some guidance on running the next round, in particular on when I should kick it off.
In the meantime, thanks to all again. I will post again with details of my hoard as I receive them.

Ps Bookfrogster, please delay until we meet next. No point in posting especially if you are coming to the Roslin meetup next week.
Profile Image
Hello Cassandra2020, on top of cloud nine, it is earth calling. The name of the game is that the winner tells here in the thread what she got and from whom - what specific books, as we all know you are getting books, and what else.
Profile Image

PMed the winner

It is Cassandra2020's first sweepstakes, so she may be a bit confused as to what is expected. I have PM her again to explain.
Profile Image
It is Cassandra2020's first sweepstakes, so she may be a bit confused as to what is expected. I have PM her again to explain.

Thank you for helping me.
Profile Image
... This is the first sweep I entered and I hadn't fully grasped the etiquette. Firstly thanks to mcsar for organising and for the pm explaining.
The first book to arrive was a few days ago and was from harobed82: sticks and stones by Diane mott Davidson, accompanied by a selection of teas, herbal, green and white.
The second arrived the following day and the penny started to drop! This was from anathema-device: hand in glove by ngaio marsh also accompanied by a selection of herbal teas.
Yesterday saw the arrival of we wish you a merry Christmas by Valerie wolzien and sent by kirjakko plus herbal teas of course.
All came with lovely hand written notes, postcards, bookmarks. All obviously chosen with great care as, although I like all crime/mystery, my preference is for cosy crime especially vintage.

That's it so far. I'm now so excited to see my postie as there's a good chance that he has a book for me rather than a bill!

Lastly, apologies again for not posting sooner. I will be more diligent from now on.
Profile Image

Question

I know that I host the next round and I think I understand what to do. What I'm not clear about is when? My thoughts are to wait until new year or maybe for posting early January to cheer up the January blues. What do you all think?
Profile Image

RE: Question

I think that is a perfect plan.
Profile Image
I think that is a perfect plan.

Thanks. That's what I will do then :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.