corner corner Abi-Gibbys 4th Christmas Sweepstakes CLOSED

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Abi-Gibbys 4th Christmas Sweepstakes CLOSED

So as the secret santa exchange has gone up I think I'll go and out this one up aswell. Most of you know that this sweeps was inspired by Plum-crazys Halloween sweepstakes. So here is round 4 of my Christmas Sweepstakes

Here’s a few "rules"....

Entrants must PM me their address by 1st November ...if I don’t get your address you can’t go in the draw you'll be put down as a send only .... DONT TELL THE WINNER THEY HAVE WON ITS A SUPRISE

In true sweepstake tradition there will also be a decoy(s) so the winner(s) won’t know they have won. PLEASE don’t post any comments re the winners or PM them as it’s meant to be a surprise.

All entrants must agree to send a book and a themed gift to arrive as near as Christmas as possible.
Please note: THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL DRAW so be prepared to mail anywhere.

You don’t have to send a christmas book but there MUST be a connection to Christmas (however loose!) in either the title or the cover picture.... Wooly socks, log burner, Christmas spices, snow, holly Ivey etc etc...let your imagination run riot & surprise the lucky winner!

The winner must agree to journal all books and TELL US WHAT YOU RECIVED here in the forums (Last years winner didn't do this) & don’t worry you won't have to organise another sweepstake

Bookwormness W R
mcsar R
Bjorg R
ILuvToRead2 R
Bookworm-lady R
Palwasha R
Kirjakko R D
barbieq233
elis-fromSweden R

Send only
Abi-Gibby R
sedna5213 R
Yorkshire-lass R
Redfox5 R

Can I also tempt anyone to join in on the mythological sweepstakes
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/545667

Complete Thread

Profile Image
So as the secret santa exchange has gone up I think I'll go and out this one up aswell. Most of you know that this sweeps was inspired by Plum-crazys Halloween sweepstakes. So here is round 4 of my Christmas Sweepstakes

Here’s a few "rules"....

Entrants must PM me their address by 1st November ...if I don’t get your address you can’t go in the draw you'll be put down as a send only .... DONT TELL THE WINNER THEY HAVE WON ITS A SUPRISE

In true sweepstake tradition there will also be a decoy(s) so the winner(s) won’t know they have won. PLEASE don’t post any comments re the winners or PM them as it’s meant to be a surprise.

All entrants must agree to send a book and a themed gift to arrive as near as Christmas as possible.
Please note: THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL DRAW so be prepared to mail anywhere.

You don’t have to send a christmas book but there MUST be a connection to Christmas (however loose!) in either the title or the cover picture.... Wooly socks, log burner, Christmas spices, snow, holly Ivey etc etc...let your imagination run riot & surprise the lucky winner!

The winner must agree to journal all books and TELL US WHAT YOU RECIVED here in the forums (Last years winner didn't do this) & don’t worry you won't have to organise another sweepstake

Bookwormness W R
mcsar R
Bjorg R
ILuvToRead2 R
Bookworm-lady R
Palwasha R
Kirjakko R D
barbieq233
elis-fromSweden R

Send only
Abi-Gibby R
sedna5213 R
Yorkshire-lass R
Redfox5 R

Can I also tempt anyone to join in on the mythological sweepstakes
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/545667
Profile Image

Awesome!

Count me in. I've been meaning to go and check the local Goodwill for books so I'm sure I'll find something. :)

Edit: Sorry, I signed the PM with a very Finnish friendly greet "terkuin" as the TV caught my attention. It could be translated as something close to "greets". :D :D
Profile Image
Thank you for joining , and don't be sorry these things happen :)
Profile Image
I love Christmas.
Profile Image
I'd love to join. Thank you for hosting.! I'm sending a PM right now.
Profile Image
Thanks for setting this up again; PMing you now... :)
Profile Image

I´m in :)

PM is on its way...
Profile Image

Fun fun ��

Sign me up please 😀😀
Profile Image
as send only.
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

I'm in

Will PM.

Edit: Sorry if you got mail more than once. The page got stuck there and I pressed the button rather intensely...
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
Please add me to the list.
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
If you didn't get one let me know and I'll resend
Profile Image

Posted

My package is now in the hands of the Royal Mail
Profile Image

Book Sent.

The book is coming from the Book Depository directly. The book label and themed gift will be posted separately soon.
Profile Image
The bookplate and gift have been mailed. This one might take a while to arrive.
Profile Image
I received a huge package today, thank you so much! There was so many things inside it took me a while to go through them. The Advent Calendar card is really beautiful.

The book was the first item I took out, it was "The Great Christmas Knit Off" by Alexandra Brown ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13206017 ). And it's perfect as I love knitting! :) There was also very nice looking white chocolate block, marzipan and Christmassy napkins.

Last two items took me a while as I know some German but it's a bit... rusty. The apple & green tea facial mask was easy, but Winterbad needed some translating. But it's cinnamon, clove and orange scented bath bubble.

Thank you! Wishing you Happy Holidays too!
Profile Image
Now I wonder... I received a package from Palwasha today, thank you so much. Inside there was a book from my wishlist, "Harvesting the Heart" by Jodi Picoult ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14796074 ). There was also a packet of two ballpoint pens and pagemarkes, which will be very handy as I'm currently on a study leave for my social studies. :)

Happy Holiday Season Palwasha!
Profile Image
You are very welcome
Profile Image
I guess I'll have to believe it now, I think I might be the winner of this sweeps. Which was quite a thing as I have the worst luck in raffles. :D Thank you so much!

Today I received a package from Abi-Gibby. We had this sort of Christmas party / well-being event and I went to post office to get the package before it, so I opened it in front of my very interested colleagues. Had to explain a bit... :D

The book I received was The Last of the Spirits by Chris Priestley ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14770985 ), which was interesting as I've seen Christmas Carol as a movie. There was also little elf I'm sure was sent to watch I'll behave and some very needed BC labels. Thank you so much!

Wish you joyful Christmas Abi-Gibby!
Profile Image

Ready :)

My parcel is ready and will be mailed tomorrow :)
Profile Image
I received a package from Book Depository, there was "Agatha Raisin and Kissing Christmas Goodbye" by M.C. Beaton. As it was a Christmas themed book I assume the thank you's belong to this group. That been said, the mystery sender will probably reveal themself at some point. ;)

This is so much fun as I'm being introduced to many Christmas themed books I haven't really known exists.
Profile Image
that would be me. I cannot figure out how to add a gift message with the order. I would PM the BCID so you can journal. The book label is on its way to you with the themed gift. Congratulations and enjoy all the books and goodies. 8)
Profile Image
that would be me. I cannot figure out how to add a gift message with the order. I would PM the BCID so you can journal. The book label is on its way to you with the themed gift. Congratulations and enjoy all the books and goodies. 8)

Thank you! :) The PM is here, I'll journal the book and attach the label when it arrives.
Profile Image
Your package arrive today (well, yesterday but had to wait until today to have time to go to post office). There was "Snow Angels, Secrets & Christmas Cake" by Sue Watson, which looks like something that would have caught my eye in a bookstore. :)

I loved the little ornaments, one very cute girl(elf?) and two beautiful white paper snowflakes to put in my tree. Also the Green & Black's Chocolate and little Santa chocolate were very welcome. Sad news is that someone had killed the Santa, his head was chopped off. Now that's a bit naughty! (It was probably the Finnish Postal Services as they are very good at being mean...)

Thank you so much! Merry Christmas to you!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14815558
Profile Image

Decoy

I wonder if the decoy has Recived anything yet
Profile Image
It is on it's way. ;)
Profile Image
Congrats on winning... and Merry Christmas! :)
Profile Image
Thank you so much for the package you sent! I was so happy to receive a book from my wishlist, "The Best Little Book Club in Town", a collection of short stories. As the book contains 30 shortish stories (each around 10 pages), I decided to make it my "Countdown to year 2018" book. If I read one every day starting from today I'll be finished on 31st. :)

The sparkly Christmas tree ornaments are absolutely beautiful. And thank you so much for the chocolates, Maltesers Mini Reindeer and Lindt's My Melting Moment. Very good ones to eat while watching the very amusing daily advent calendar story from TV (well, from laptop...). :)

Merry Christmas to you too, Yorkshire-lass!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14811897

ETA: Oh, and the snowflake pin!!! It's beautiful. And I love the fact that it support the cancer research.
Profile Image
I'm so happy that you are pleased with what I sent, Merry Christmas to you too :-)
Profile Image
The package from you arrived today, thank you so much! As there was two wrapped gifts I'm going to open them on Christmas. :)
Profile Image
The package from you arrived today, thank you so much! As there was two wrapped gifts I'm going to open them on Christmas. :)

Opened the gift today, thank you so much for the extra fun! There was "Christmas Books" by Charles Dickens, a classic therefore a bit scary (I should really read more classics!).
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12481402/

Thank you also for the Cadbury's Selection box, looks really good! I remember eating Cadbury's chocolate when I was in England 20 years ago, I guess it's time to have some more. :)

Wish you'll have wonderful year 2018!
Profile Image
Received a package from you today, thank you so much. As the there was two wrapped gifts I decided to open them on Christmas so I'll let you know later what I received.

Have a wonderful Christmas! :)
Profile Image
Received a package from you today, thank you so much. As the there was two wrapped gifts I decided to open them on Christmas so I'll let you know later what I received.

Brilliant! I hope you'll like what I have chosen...
And Merry Christmas to you!! :)
Profile Image

Finally got home and opened all my gifts! Thank you Bookworm-lady for two books, "A Wayne in a Manger" by Gervais Phinn and "Guinea Pigs Online: Christmas Quest" by Jennifer Gray & Amanda Swift.

Now I got a bit confused with the gifts, but this must have been the other one, a small snowman pouch filled with little chocolates. Yammy!

Wish you had a great Christmas!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14153407/
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14149234/
Profile Image
Nice package arrived with Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich. Thank you also for the linen-cotton table cloth with reindeers. :) And the card was beautiful.

And thanks for worrying ;), I might not be short on books to read this Christmas. Now I have themed books for several holiday seasons. :D

Wish you'll have a great Christmas!
Profile Image
I received a package from BWB today, luckily the gift message told me whom it is from. Thank you, I just recently heard about the Coffeehouse Mystery books. Looks like an interesting read. Something new for me, light and funny (I assume) mysteries.

Happy Holidays! :)
Profile Image
I received a package from BWB today, luckily the gift message told me whom it is from.

The bookplate arrived today with a bookmark, some bookplates and Christmas stickers. Thanks!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14804178/

All the best for year 2018!
Profile Image
A big box came yesterday which I thought I would open at Christmas, but was instructed to do so sooner. Four beautifully wrapped parcels with real lace as ribbons... The card says some of them are HGG parcels, but as none of them smells foul I'll open them at Christmas. THANK YOU!
So you lot will also have to wait until Christmas to learn what was in them...
Profile Image
...so I am not cheating.
A Proper Family Christmas by Jane Gordon-Cummings and a pretty Christmas decoration. Thank you and Merry Christmas, everybody!
Profile Image
As I sent Bookwormness a HGG2017 parcel I should have enclosed this gift as well, but unfortunatley I didn't. But I have sent something now. I hope it can be fun to receive even after Christmas.

Thank you all for participating (and waiting for me) and thank you Abi-Gibby for organising.
Profile Image
You package arrived today, thank you so much. I'm really happy to receive mail all the time. Especially this week it has been nice to come home and find nothing on the doorstep as I had to face the music and go back to work after four months study leave.

I received "Life's Little InstructionBook" by H. Jackson Brown,a perfect read for January filled with hope of new beginnings. And there was also a bag of Santa marshmallows, not sure if marshmallow is correct term them. :)

I wish you all the best for the year 2018, may it be filled with books and reading time.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.