corner corner Abi-Gibbys 4th Christmas Sweepstakes CLOSED

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Abi-Gibbys 4th Christmas Sweepstakes CLOSED

So as the secret santa exchange has gone up I think I'll go and out this one up aswell. Most of you know that this sweeps was inspired by Plum-crazys Halloween sweepstakes. So here is round 4 of my Christmas Sweepstakes

Here’s a few "rules"....

Entrants must PM me their address by 1st November ...if I don’t get your address you can’t go in the draw you'll be put down as a send only .... DONT TELL THE WINNER THEY HAVE WON ITS A SUPRISE

In true sweepstake tradition there will also be a decoy(s) so the winner(s) won’t know they have won. PLEASE don’t post any comments re the winners or PM them as it’s meant to be a surprise.

All entrants must agree to send a book and a themed gift to arrive as near as Christmas as possible.
Please note: THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL DRAW so be prepared to mail anywhere.

You don’t have to send a christmas book but there MUST be a connection to Christmas (however loose!) in either the title or the cover picture.... Wooly socks, log burner, Christmas spices, snow, holly Ivey etc etc...let your imagination run riot & surprise the lucky winner!

The winner must agree to journal all books and TELL US WHAT YOU RECIVED here in the forums (Last years winner didn't do this) & don’t worry you won't have to organise another sweepstake

BookwormnessW
mcsar
Bjorg
ILuvToRead2
Bookworm-lady
Palwasha R
Kirjakko
barbieq233
elis-fromSweden

Send only
Abi-Gibby R
sedna5213 R
Yorkshire-lass
Redfox5

Can I also tempt anyone to join in on the mythological sweepstakes
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/545667

Complete Thread

Profile Image
So as the secret santa exchange has gone up I think I'll go and out this one up aswell. Most of you know that this sweeps was inspired by Plum-crazys Halloween sweepstakes. So here is round 4 of my Christmas Sweepstakes

Here’s a few "rules"....

Entrants must PM me their address by 1st November ...if I don’t get your address you can’t go in the draw you'll be put down as a send only .... DONT TELL THE WINNER THEY HAVE WON ITS A SUPRISE

In true sweepstake tradition there will also be a decoy(s) so the winner(s) won’t know they have won. PLEASE don’t post any comments re the winners or PM them as it’s meant to be a surprise.

All entrants must agree to send a book and a themed gift to arrive as near as Christmas as possible.
Please note: THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL DRAW so be prepared to mail anywhere.

You don’t have to send a christmas book but there MUST be a connection to Christmas (however loose!) in either the title or the cover picture.... Wooly socks, log burner, Christmas spices, snow, holly Ivey etc etc...let your imagination run riot & surprise the lucky winner!

The winner must agree to journal all books and TELL US WHAT YOU RECIVED here in the forums (Last years winner didn't do this) & don’t worry you won't have to organise another sweepstake

BookwormnessW
mcsar
Bjorg
ILuvToRead2
Bookworm-lady
Palwasha R
Kirjakko
barbieq233
elis-fromSweden

Send only
Abi-Gibby R
sedna5213 R
Yorkshire-lass
Redfox5

Can I also tempt anyone to join in on the mythological sweepstakes
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/545667
Profile Image
Count me in. I've been meaning to go and check the local Goodwill for books so I'm sure I'll find something. :)

Edit: Sorry, I signed the PM with a very Finnish friendly greet "terkuin" as the TV caught my attention. It could be translated as something close to "greets". :D :D
Profile Image
Thank you for joining , and don't be sorry these things happen :)
Profile Image
I love Christmas.
Profile Image
I'd love to join. Thank you for hosting.! I'm sending a PM right now.
Profile Image
Thanks for setting this up again; PMing you now... :)
Profile Image

I´m in :)

PM is on its way...
Profile Image
Sign me up please 😀😀
Profile Image
as send only.
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

I'm in

Will PM.

Edit: Sorry if you got mail more than once. The page got stuck there and I pressed the button rather intensely...
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
Please add me to the list.
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
If you didn't get one let me know and I'll resend
Profile Image

Posted

My package is now in the hands of the Royal Mail
Profile Image

Book Sent.

The book is coming from the Book Depository directly. The book label and themed gift will be posted separately soon.
Profile Image
The bookplate and gift have been mailed. This one might take a while to arrive.
Profile Image
I received a huge package today, thank you so much! There was so many things inside it took me a while to go through them. The Advent Calendar card is really beautiful.

The book was the first item I took out, it was "The Great Christmas Knit Off" by Alexandra Brown ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13206017 ). And it's perfect as I love knitting! :) There was also very nice looking white chocolate block, marzipan and Christmassy napkins.

Last two items took me a while as I know some German but it's a bit... rusty. The apple & green tea facial mask was easy, but Winterbad needed some translating. But it's cinnamon, clove and orange scented bath bubble.

Thank you! Wishing you Happy Holidays too!
Profile Image
Now I wonder... I received a package from Palwasha today, thank you so much. Inside there was a book from my wishlist, "Harvesting the Heart" by Jodi Picoult ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14796074 ). There was also a packet of two ballpoint pens and pagemarkes, which will be very handy as I'm currently on a study leave for my social studies. :)

Happy Holiday Season Palwasha!
Profile Image
You are very welcome
Profile Image
I guess I'll have to believe it now, I think I might be the winner of this sweeps. Which was quite a thing as I have the worst luck in raffles. :D Thank you so much!

Today I received a package from Abi-Gibby. We had this sort of Christmas party / well-being event and I went to post office to get the package before it, so I opened it in front of my very interested colleagues. Had to explain a bit... :D

The book I received was The Last of the Spirits by Chris Priestley ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14770985 ), which was interesting as I've seen Christmas Carol as a movie. There was also little elf I'm sure was sent to watch I'll behave and some very needed BC labels. Thank you so much!

Wish you joyful Christmas Abi-Gibby!
Profile Image

Ready :)

My parcel is ready and will be mailed tomorrow :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.