corner corner addresses sent!CLOSED!Calendar and book (or book-related items) exchange 2017/18

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

addresses sent!CLOSED!Calendar and book (or book-related items) exchange 2017/18

It's this time of year again, so here are the rules:

The calendar can be any type - small, large, desk, planner, purse, whatever! Try to make it unique. Some ideas might include a regional one from your living area, a “reader’s desk calendar” with book suggestions, a humorous one, or maybe one that you think they might like based upon their profile.
From my experience most people enjoy picture calendars (I know I do, especially with pictures of landscapes, the living area etc.)!

It would be nice to add a book or something book-related (labels, supplies, bookmarks.....), or some other little surprise.

I will try to meet all shipping preferences, but the packages should not be enormous, so I will be giving you a partner’s name who lives as far away as your shipping preference will allow! That should make your calendars pretty unique in the fact that they have travelled so far.

1. Post here by Oct 31 if you are interested. I will send you a name soon after this date.
2. PM me with your address and shipping preference. This is international.
3. Please mail your package so that it arrives no later than Jan. 10.
4. Part of the fun is reading about the package you received. If you don’t mind, post a comment here when you get your package and let us know what you got.

Note: this isn't an exchange in the sense that two people send to each other. Everyone will be sending one parcel to someone and receive a parcel from someone other.

I hope everything is clear and wish for many participants :)

ATTN US-bookcrossers: I can understand that sending outside of the US can be expensive (same here) but if you cannot send outside the US you might consider doing a calendar exchange for the USA. Last year (or the year before last) I had 3 participants from the US where two only wanted to send within the US, so I had to pair them as sender and receiver. I don't like to have someone who is willing to send overseas to receive a local parcels.
So this is by no means ideal. Thank you!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
It's this time of year again, so here are the rules:

The calendar can be any type - small, large, desk, planner, purse, whatever! Try to make it unique. Some ideas might include a regional one from your living area, a “reader’s desk calendar” with book suggestions, a humorous one, or maybe one that you think they might like based upon their profile.
From my experience most people enjoy picture calendars (I know I do, especially with pictures of landscapes, the living area etc.)!

It would be nice to add a book or something book-related (labels, supplies, bookmarks.....), or some other little surprise.

I will try to meet all shipping preferences, but the packages should not be enormous, so I will be giving you a partner’s name who lives as far away as your shipping preference will allow! That should make your calendars pretty unique in the fact that they have travelled so far.

1. Post here by Oct 31 if you are interested. I will send you a name soon after this date.
2. PM me with your address and shipping preference. This is international.
3. Please mail your package so that it arrives no later than Jan. 10.
4. Part of the fun is reading about the package you received. If you don’t mind, post a comment here when you get your package and let us know what you got.

Note: this isn't an exchange in the sense that two people send to each other. Everyone will be sending one parcel to someone and receive a parcel from someone other.

I hope everything is clear and wish for many participants :)

ATTN US-bookcrossers: I can understand that sending outside of the US can be expensive (same here) but if you cannot send outside the US you might consider doing a calendar exchange for the USA. Last year (or the year before last) I had 3 participants from the US where two only wanted to send within the US, so I had to pair them as sender and receiver. I don't like to have someone who is willing to send overseas to receive a local parcels.
So this is by no means ideal. Thank you!
Profile Image
Hello,

I would like to join this exchange again. Pm on its way. Thanks in advance and organising this exchange again.
Profile Image
I received great wall calendars in previous instances, so really looking forward to this one
Profile Image

*bump*

Profile Image

I'm in!

Love the surprise!
Profile Image
Thanks for organising.
Profile Image

*up*

Profile Image
I love calendars, sounds like a fun exchange!
Profile Image
I like this exchange very much. I write you a PM.
Profile Image

Yes please

Profile Image
Pm to follow
Profile Image

Yes, please!

I am in again. PM will follow!
Profile Image
This is an exchange I really like...
PMing you now... :)
Profile Image

*push*

Profile Image
Thank you for organisation
Profile Image
An envelope full of things arrived today-the highlight of my day! Postcard, gorgeous bookmark and lots of BC supplies. Thanks so much-all will be used!
Profile Image
glad you like it - you're in the wrong thread BTW ;)
Profile Image

*push*

Profile Image
PM on the way
Profile Image
Adresse ist per PN unterwegs
Profile Image
Thank you for the wonderful calendar, wishlist book and postcard!
Profile Image
PM to follow. Almost missed this one!
Profile Image
I sent all the addresses of your partners, please let me know if you didn't receive the PM. Thank you!
Profile Image
Got mine!
Profile Image
Please ignor my previouse messages to you I didn't read my mail properly busy day at work (5am start)
Profile Image
no harm done. Have a good night's rest :)
Profile Image
today a very kind parcel arrived at my home: a wonderful calendar with georgeous landscapes; horses and a buffalo from WYOMING; so many tea bags and a nice greeting card!
thank you very much, bassmare (Sue), and have a fine Advent season!
vitus1 (bernard)
Profile Image
Welcome!
Profile Image
Your Calgary themed wall calendar and a nice Royal Canadian Mounted Police postcard are now with me.
Profile Image

Posted

Mine is now in the hands of the Royal Mail
Profile Image
My parcel went out yesterday in the late evening to .... in ....
Profile Image
missed this thread! Somehow, I must remember next year!

:-) I hope people will post pics here of the calendars they receive. It would be fun to see the variety
Profile Image
Later this week.
Profile Image
for the wonderful calendars. I love Cornwall :-). And of course thanks for the other book-related things and the interesting novel.

My calendar will travel next week.
Profile Image
... I hope it will arrive in time.
Profile Image
... today, as well.
Hope it arrives safely.
Profile Image
Thank you very much, estelle1806 :) A calendar parcel from Ireland has arrived already yesterday in the evening . So I think that could be yours? But I will behave and open the parcel in 2 weeks.
Profile Image
Hope you like it when you open it. *<[:{ ) Merry Christmas!
Profile Image
Hello estelle1806,

your parcel has arrived safe and sound here on 2 weeks ago. I have opened it 2 days ago in the evening because I have collected all parcels in the last 4 weeks for Christmas.

The content of the parcel has delighted me and made me smiling.

You have made some suitable references to my profile!

Thank you very much for the book:

- Hot & Spicy – Sizzling recipes to fire up your cooking and wake up your taste buds

Thank you too for the Christmas postcard including stamps from different countries (ps: my first stamp from Malta), the sweets, the wooden pullover label and of course the calendar: DREAM CARS Calendar 2018. After looking the pictures I think all of them are a little bit faster than my own one :)

Thanks again!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14734020
Profile Image
thank you so much for your wonderful parcel! I was so excited while opening and finding all the goodies you've included into it. Wall calendar with the coasts of Germany is just what I wanted, already put it on the wall. Thank you for the book in German http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14822562 and a calendar and bookmark from your visit of Mexico. Happy holidays to you too!
Profile Image
For all the BC stuff and bookmark and my desired astronomical calendar <3
Profile Image
was sent at 26th of November. So I am really afraid that it is lost ;-(
Profile Image
was sent at 26th of November. So I am really afraid that it is lost ;-(

No, it's not! Thank you sooo much for a lovely parcel!

Thanks for the book:
"The Ghost Finder", by W.H. Hodgson
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14069301/
Edited to say I have just realized this was on my WishList. Brilliant! :)

What an amazing parcel you have put together!
Thanks for the lovely calendar with paintings... but most of all, I LOVE the Rosina Wachtmeister calendar, I happen to be a fan of hers... and this came as a lovely surprise. :)
Thanks for the beautiful tea-bags, it almost seems a shame to use them up... but don't worry, I will. One is called Winterwonne and the other one Lichterglanz, and they are very adequate for Winter and Xmas.
Thanks for the huge Salted Caramel chocolate bar... what can I say?
But most of all, thanks for taking the time and writing a friendly postcard, I really appreciate it.

Thanks for such a beautiful and thoughtful parcel; without knowing me, you have really brightened my Christmas season. So glad it did not get lost, but just took its time reaching me...

Merry Christmas to you, and Happy New Year! :)
Profile Image

sent mine

couple of days ago
Profile Image
I received my calendar parcel last Friday, and I finally get the time to thank you Releanna, for the lovely mountain landscape calendar, the cat book http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4077684 , the home-made card and chocolate bar holder (yummy Merci!), and the lovely cat magnet by one of my fave artists Rosina Wachtmeister. Vielen, vielen Dank! <3
Profile Image
glad you like everything :)
Profile Image
I sent it a couple of weeks ago.
Profile Image
thank you so much for your parcel. I'll leave it to open at Christmas!
Profile Image
So glad it has arrived safely. Have a magical Christmas and a very happy Bookcrossing New Year!
Profile Image
for the beautiful calendar of Scottish Lochs and Mountains which makes me long to travel to Scotland again, you live in such a beautiful country!
and all the many gifts, I hope I don't forget anything: a lovely Christmas card, cute Christmas socks with reindeer and snowflakes, a knitted bookmark, a coaster, chocolate, tea, Christmas decorations, a notebook and card from Cats Protection, and lots and lots of release labels and of course a book, "Secrets and Confessions". http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14817552 - here is also a photo of all the goodies!
You made me very happy :)
a
Profile Image
You are very welcome, glad you liked the parcel. Have a very merry Christmas and hope 2018 is a good bookcrossing year.
Profile Image
For the 2018 handmade calendar and Cry the beloved country by Alan Paton
Profile Image
What a great parcel! Lots of good things, tea, homemade Christmas tree decorations, a book and 2 calendars, I love your husbands artwork lovely colours, he is very talented. Happy Christmas and hope 2018 is a good Bookcrossing year.
Profile Image
Wow, the package arrived today and I opened it to find not one calendar but three. I love them all and also the book that was included. Your card was lovely with the candles and the cute Gingerbread man. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Profile Image
for a little desk calendar with painted cats. There were also a nice card with snowmen on it, a bookmark with elastic band, another bookmark and a lot of BC-labels.
Profile Image
Hello estelle1806,

your parcel has arrived safe and sound here on 2 weeks ago. I have opened it 2 days ago in the evening because I have collected all parcels in the last 4 weeks for Christmas.

The content of the parcel has delighted me and made me smiling.

You have made some suitable references to my profile!

Thank you very much for the book:

- Hot & Spicy – Sizzling recipes to fire up your cooking and wake up your taste buds

Thank you too for the Christmas postcard including stamps from different countries (ps: my first stamp from Malta), the sweets, the wooden pullover label and of course the calendar: DREAM CARS Calendar 2018. After looking the pictures I think all of them are a little bit faster than my own one :).

Thanks again!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14734020
Profile Image
three weeks ago I sent the calendar and at the post office I was told it should arrive after about ten days :-(
Profile Image
I just asked your partner if the parcel has arrived yet. Now waiting for the reply.
Profile Image
Received your beautiful calendar with photos of Madrid today. As I've visited Madrid a couple of times, I know most places on the photos :).

Have a fantastic 2018!
Profile Image
Received your beautiful calendar with photos of Madrid today. As I've visited Madrid a couple of times, I know most places on the photos :).

Have a fantastic 2018!

Thank you, sedna5213... Have a brilliant New Year 2018 you too! :)
Profile Image
North Carolina - a fine remember to our interesting tour though the South States last year!

Thank you also for this funny book: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12397348/

Best wishes to all 2018!
Profile Image
Glad you liked your calendar and your book.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.