corner corner ⭕️ International Secret Santa 2017 CLOSED *THANKS TOO

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

⭕️ International Secret Santa 2017 CLOSED *THANKS TOO

📝Post here* then send me a PM* titled International Secret Santa 2017
I use the individual PM's to make assignments so I need one per entry in EACH. SS you join. NO PM W/SPECIFIC SS ~ NO ENTRY

📬Please list 1/2/3 EXACTLY
1 ❗️SCREEN NAME
2 ❗️ REAL NAME
3 ❗️FULL ADDRESS , EXACTLY as it should appear on a package.

🔻Include a wishlist or post one on your profile please.
🗓Names will be assigned on or about Nov. 1st.
You won't receive from the person you send to.
⏲Please mail by Dec. 1st. Or by a way for it to arrive by the 25th
💎Send what you'd like🎁. Books 📕, of course, are always appreciated.

🎄🎄Participants🎄🎄

Bjorg
Bookworm-lady
bookwormess
bossmare
chawoso
kiki66
Mankyi ? no PM?
MargaridaPires
mcsar
Palwasha
Poodle sister
sedna5213
Yorkshire-lass

Complete Thread

Profile Image

📝Post here* then send me a PM* titled International Secret Santa 2017
I use the individual PM's to make assignments so I need one per entry in EACH. SS you join. NO PM W/SPECIFIC SS ~ NO ENTRY

📬Please list 1/2/3 EXACTLY
1 ❗️SCREEN NAME
2 ❗️ REAL NAME
3 ❗️FULL ADDRESS , EXACTLY as it should appear on a package.

🔻Include a wishlist or post one on your profile please.
🗓Names will be assigned on or about Nov. 1st.
You won't receive from the person you send to.
⏲Please mail by Dec. 1st. Or by a way for it to arrive by the 25th
💎Send what you'd like🎁. Books 📕, of course, are always appreciated.

🎄🎄Participants🎄🎄

Bjorg
Bookworm-lady
bookwormess
bossmare
chawoso
kiki66
Mankyi ? no PM?
MargaridaPires
mcsar
Palwasha
Poodle sister
sedna5213
Yorkshire-lass

Profile Image
PM to follow

Thank you for organising
Profile Image
I am in again, PM will follow. Thank you!
Profile Image
PM sent
Profile Image
PM will follow soon.

Thank you so much for organizing!
Profile Image

I´m in :)

Profile Image
Thanks a lot for the organisation!
Profile Image
PMing you now... :)
Profile Image
I've just sent you a PM :-)
Profile Image
You send whatever you'd like to.
Profile Image
PM on its way..
Profile Image

I'm in :)

pm sent
Profile Image
Bump!
Profile Image

I'll bite

Hello@ I'd like to join. Will PM you.
Profile Image
Thanks for hosting.
Profile Image
You should have received a PM with
screen name
real or mailing name
address
A link to their page so you can check out their wishlist (if you choose to send a book) and any notes included in their entry that might help you pick a great gift.

Enjoy your shopping and report back when the packages start arriving!
Happy Holidays to everyone.
Profile Image

Ready :)

My parcel is ready and will be mailed tomorrow :)
Profile Image
I figure out, that a huge parcel with a mysterious content is my international Secret Santa. It's stored away until Christmas eve. Thank you so much, mcsar!
Profile Image
I figure out, that a huge parcel with a mysterious content is my international Secret Santa. It's stored away until Christmas eve. Thank you so much, mcsar!

Dear mcsar,

it was great to open your parcel at Christmas eve. My daugther put the content in a festive bag under the tree ;-)
You found such nice things on the German internet shop: Twinings Classic tea collection, a great collection of bath oil ( I like Kneipp so much! It's such a funny wrapping, which tells the bath oil is for water sprites, mermaids, litterbugs, seahorses, deep-sea divers ...) and a wonderful colouring book "Escape to Christmas Past".
Thank you so much for your thoughtful gifts!
Profile Image
You found such nice things on the German internet shop: Twinings Classic tea collection, a great collection of bath oil ( I like Kneipp so much! It's such a funny wrapping, which tells the bath oil is for water sprites, mermaids, litterbugs, seahorses, deep-sea divers ...)

I am so happy that you like my choices, as I was relying on google translate to look up reviews and product details. Now I know Kneipp is a good brand for bath products, and the wrapping is so much fun (it totally exceeds my expectation). Now you can pamper and relax with a good bath, light some candles, enjoy some tea and a good book. Happy New Year!!
Profile Image
My parcel arrived today, will put it away 😀
Profile Image
I receive a packet from UK today. It's with other gifts waiting for Christmas. Thank you Santa! :)
Profile Image
I received a package yesterday, I will put it away until the big day and open then, thank you :-)
Profile Image
Secret Santa on its way to my partner.
Merry Christmas... and enjoy! :)
Profile Image
...and it comes from Berlin, Germany.
Can't wait... but will be good and keep it until Christmas.
Thank you!! :)
Profile Image
I will keep it until Christmas. Thank you Mrs. Brown
Profile Image
Should arrive in time :-)
Profile Image
Picked up my package from the post office today. Will wait a few more days :).
Profile Image
As I was away for the holidays, I just opened my package now.
Thank you dear Bavarian Santa for:
- wishlist book (Petit Pays by Gaël Faye)
- a candle
- some lemony soap (I guess)
- a book mark

Sorry, I made your choice difficult, but I just love surprises. I'm very happy about everything!
Profile Image
My parcel arrived a while ago, it was not easy to wait until today to open it :)
Thanks palwaha for everything you sent me, a beautiful handmade christmas card and bookmark, Christmas ornaments, chocolates and sweets, cookies and pens.
Profile Image
You are very welcome! Merry Christmas.
Profile Image
I really love your wonderful package with my wishlist book, a beautiful Cross Stitch Set, a pencil with a santa rubber and your lovely christmas card. Merry Christmas to you.
Profile Image
You're welcome, hope you are having a wonderful Christmas 😊
Profile Image
But I wish you all a very merry Christmas nonetheless!
Profile Image
But I did enter all the MyssCyn Secret Santas and the NSSFC in the UK so I have plenty to open (four parcels)
Profile Image
I hope my parcel found it's home in time. I sent it early enough and according to the Christmas schedule of the Finnish Postal Services so it should have made it before Christmas. I'm terribly sorry if it didn't.

I decided to leave all my gifts at home so I'll be opening them on 27th. :)
Profile Image
You have been an amazing INTL Secret Santa!
Thanks for a parcel full of goodies, including festive napkins... these will probably fly with me to Prague for my New Year's Eve special celebrations... lovely "romantic soap", that smells just like CHristmas... I never know whether to use them or keep them in my clothes drawers... bath salts (I know exactly when and where to use these!), lovely silver stars, Mexican bookmark and magnet, Sri Lanka keyring... Christmassy-smelling incense cones (I will try them this afternoon), and Winter-Creation chocolate... wow, we can't get these in Spain, and maybe it's for the best! :)
Thanks for the BC supplies, and for ordering a book for me... looking forward to this final surprise.
You have been a brilliant, spectacular Secret Santa, and you have definitely made me smile.
Merry Christmas to you, and Happy New Year! :)
Profile Image

Still waiting

for mine to arrive. Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to you all!!
Profile Image
For the wonderful Christmas present it contains,
Drop Dead Chocolate by Jessica Beck (a wishlist book )
The Christmas Mystery by Jostling Garden
Two chocolate Santa's and a bar of yummy looking nut chocolate
A very cute tree ornament
A Christmas card

I love it all thank you so much and I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas.
Profile Image
I really love what you have chosen for me. So thoughtful.

It was also nice that it arrived after Christmas Day when I was back at home.

The card is beautiful - hand-made - a cut-out of a star from the music from a Christmas Carol and there are some lovely words written inside (Care deeply, Think kindly, Act gently and be at peace for this is the spirit of Christmas)

A lovely Botticelli Il Primo Bacio writing paper and envelope set
Owl notelets and envelopes
A Moomin rotary candle (I have loved all the Moomin presents I've received this year)
A Moomin family bookmark
A Lindt Christmas heart
A green tea towel
A little reindeer biscuit cutter (very sweet)
A foldable shopper bag with Buch on it - fantastic, useful and good to look at.
BC bookplates and the bigger rectangular stickers which are my favourite and you can't buy anymore.
And two BC bookplates with BCIDs on them - which suggests books travelling separately!

So many good things - I hope I haven't forgotten anything.

I look forward to seeing you in Bordeaux!
Profile Image
My christmas lasted an extra day (may this be Unboxing Day) as I came home today and spent the evening opening all my gifts. And there was plenty of, thank you my dear book crossing friends.

Thank you Poodlesister for quite amazing gift that made me go WOW! The box was endlessly filled with quite a range of things. Inside there was:
* some labels with the card, very needed as always
* beautiful kitchen towel in Finland's colors (white and blue)
* a packet of sticky notes
* 4-pack of Christmas paper fan decoration
* M&S's Christmas themed Percy sweets (We have a small M&S in Helsinki, there used to be some groceries too and I think I've seen Percy sweets before). Yummy!
* cucumber peel-off mask (it should peel off dirt and grime, hopefully it'll make me look a bit more human before going back to work after the holidays...)
* magnetic London bookmark (I love London!!!)
* sheet of London stickers (how can I ever use them???)
* Sainsbury's Mini Shortbread Stars which rally look tasty, I like shortbreads quite a lot
* Sainsbury's 18 Month Matured Cognac Laced Christmas Pudding for me to try, I've never had Christmas pudding (or honestly understood what is)
* decorative sticky tape
* English heritage postcard and love postcard of the British red telephone box
* a book "30 Things to Cook & Eat for Christmas" which I loved as I love baking but I'm usually out of ideas. And I love giving homemade gifts such as candy or cookies http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14693817
* a book that was on it's way to my wishlist, "Lyrebird" by Cecelia Ahern http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14432080

Thank you so so so much! I wish you will have a great year 2018 filled with good books. :)
Profile Image
...no sign that my partner received it... However, EU Santa did all right... :)
Profile Image
Happy New Year to you all...
Profile Image
for a most beautifully wrapped Christmas parcel. Your parcel was such a joy to open. It was joy to be greeted by all the individually wrapped presents. I know I will enjoy a big bar of dark chocolate, the lovely black tea, the tea lights and the angel tea strainer. Thank you very much.
Profile Image
for a most beautifully wrapped Christmas parcel. Your parcel was such a joy to open. It was joy to be greeted by all the individually wrapped presents. I know I will enjoy a big bar of dark chocolate, the lovely black tea, the tea lights and the angel tea strainer. Thank you very much.

I'm glad it arrived safe and sound, I was really worried about it. Actually I tried to ask from the post office I left it if they forwarded the package. :D I'm glad you enjoyed opening it. Happy New Year!
Profile Image
For the book "Coming home for Christmas", lots of chocolate, a super cute snowman bag, Santa ornament and Christmas card :)
Profile Image
For the book "Coming home for Christmas", lots of chocolate, a super cute snowman bag, Santa ornament and Christmas card :)

Enjoy... and I hope you had a great Xmas!!
Happy New Year!! :)
Profile Image
thanks you so much Margarida!
This was a great choice..
I got a book which looks very promising, some BC goodies, a cute
little notebook and some sweets which I will share with my son ;-)

Muito obrigado!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.