corner corner [closed] The Global Sweepstake

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[closed] The Global Sweepstake

As I was the lucky winner of the last round, it's my pleasure to organize this very interesting sweepstake.

So here are the rules (copied from the last thread):

You need to have a book with a place name in the title such as "Death on the Nile", "Passage to India", "Out of Africa", "Salem's Lot", "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas", and so on, either in your available pile or your soon to be read mountain in order to enter. (Needs to be specific names of towns/cities, rivers, countries or continents. Planets are also allowed as are scifi Star trek/wars place names!!!)

1) Post here by October 31st if you wish to enter.
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry). Send-only participants are welcome and, of course, are excused from sending a PM. ;-)
3) Everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner/decoy.
4) Decoy will also be drawn so that the winner will not know they have won till the books start to arrive.
5. You're welcome to include a little extra something like a bookmark or something themed to your book, but it is NOT required!
6) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way!
7) The winner of this contest can choose to hold the contest again in a couple of months time.
8)If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received.

This sweep is INTERNATIONAL, so you must be willing to send worldwide.

Partcipants:
sakirmo
Icila
mcsar
Harobed82
kangaroo

Send only:
Andrea99
Yorkshire-lass
lauraloo29
sedna5213

Complete Thread

Profile Image
As I was the lucky winner of the last round, it's my pleasure to organize this very interesting sweepstake.

So here are the rules (copied from the last thread):

You need to have a book with a place name in the title such as "Death on the Nile", "Passage to India", "Out of Africa", "Salem's Lot", "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas", and so on, either in your available pile or your soon to be read mountain in order to enter. (Needs to be specific names of towns/cities, rivers, countries or continents. Planets are also allowed as are scifi Star trek/wars place names!!!)

1) Post here by October 31st if you wish to enter.
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry). Send-only participants are welcome and, of course, are excused from sending a PM. ;-)
3) Everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner/decoy.
4) Decoy will also be drawn so that the winner will not know they have won till the books start to arrive.
5. You're welcome to include a little extra something like a bookmark or something themed to your book, but it is NOT required!
6) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way!
7) The winner of this contest can choose to hold the contest again in a couple of months time.
8)If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received.

This sweep is INTERNATIONAL, so you must be willing to send worldwide.

Partcipants:
sakirmo
Icila
mcsar
Harobed82
kangaroo

Send only:
Andrea99
Yorkshire-lass
lauraloo29
sedna5213
Profile Image

I'm in

can't remember joining this sweepstake before, so I'll try now :)
Profile Image

I'm in too.

Profile Image

bump...

anyone else?
Profile Image

I'm in.

PM coming.
Profile Image
as a Send only. Thanks!
Profile Image

Up again!

Profile Image
Pming you now!
Profile Image
Reading a good book for this right now - count me in. PM on its way
Profile Image
Profile Image

Up!

Profile Image

Back to page 1

Profile Image
closing tomorrow.
Profile Image
The addresses have been sent, please let me know if you haven't received one.
Profile Image
My book will be mailed tomorrow. :)
Profile Image

Mine

was sent yesterday, congratulations to the winner!
Profile Image
.....as I was away on holiday last week!
Profile Image

Posted

Should be there very soon...
Profile Image
via surface
Profile Image

Gosh!

I must be the lucky winner - books are pouring in at an alarming rate :)

Thank you to
Sedna for The Messenger of Athens (and the sunny postcard, especially welcome in this gloomy autumnal London)

Harobed82 for Mistress of Rome (I am really looking forward to reading about all these sunny places as winter sets in!)

Andrea99 for the two books and great bookmarks, Prisoner of War in Germany and the Sagrada Familia guidebook. (loved the 'Books don't need batteries' postcard too :D )
Profile Image
Congratulations to kangaroo. Mine will be travelling slowing. Hope you don't mind.
Profile Image
Thanks to:

Icila for An Englishwoman in New York - truly global, this one, not only does it have two nationalities in the title but the book itself was registered in Finland and arrived in the UK from France!

Sakirmo for Trouble in Transylvania - and the chocolaty Minsk souvenir :)

And
Yorkshire-lass for Big Stone Gap (I've never read any Adriana Trigiani, what a good opportunity to start!), and of course the bonus unexpected chocs and teabags!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.