corner corner [Closed] Royal Flush Sweepstakes - International - Oct 2017

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[Closed] Royal Flush Sweepstakes - International - Oct 2017

I was the lucky winner of the last sweepstakes, restarted after a long hiatus by lauraloo29. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/542921

This one has a ROYAL theme...and I received a wide selection of interesting books (see the last thread) as the genre is not limited. Your book can be in any genre having a link with Royalty - real / fictional / mythological / historical ..etc. etc. (even the name of book / author could be the link). If you like, you may send some related memorabilia as well.

The instructions (copied from the last thread):

1. Post here to enter & be prepared to post anywhere in the world, as this is an International sweeps.
2. PM me with your name and postal address and mark "Royal Flush" in the title. You can also put your name down as 'send only' if you don't want to win.
3. The draw will close on Oct 31st. That'll give everybody a few weeks to sign on for the fun.
We will then have 1 winner and 1 decoy. Everyone will receive a PM with the winner's details while the winner will receive the name of the decoy.
Be prepared to send your book shortly there-after.
4. Please DON'T let the winner know that they have won by posting here or PMing them. It is more fun for the books to start arriving out of the blue!
5. The winner will post here as the books start to arrive. It is fun for everyone to see what they got!
6. The winner will host the sweepstakes again in next 2-3 months.

Closing: October 31st

This is the first sweepstakes I have the honour of hosting. I hope many of you will join in for the fun. And please let me know if I miss anything.

Participants:

lauraloo29 (Canada) - sent
kangaroo (UK) - DECOY - Received
Abi-Gibby (UK) - WINNER - Received

Send-only:

mcsar (Canada) - sent
Andrea99 (UK) - received
sedna5213 (Germany) - received
yorkshire-lass (UK) - received
Lamilla (Belarus)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was the lucky winner of the last sweepstakes, restarted after a long hiatus by lauraloo29. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/542921

This one has a ROYAL theme...and I received a wide selection of interesting books (see the last thread) as the genre is not limited. Your book can be in any genre having a link with Royalty - real / fictional / mythological / historical ..etc. etc. (even the name of book / author could be the link). If you like, you may send some related memorabilia as well.

The instructions (copied from the last thread):

1. Post here to enter & be prepared to post anywhere in the world, as this is an International sweeps.
2. PM me with your name and postal address and mark "Royal Flush" in the title. You can also put your name down as 'send only' if you don't want to win.
3. The draw will close on Oct 31st. That'll give everybody a few weeks to sign on for the fun.
We will then have 1 winner and 1 decoy. Everyone will receive a PM with the winner's details while the winner will receive the name of the decoy.
Be prepared to send your book shortly there-after.
4. Please DON'T let the winner know that they have won by posting here or PMing them. It is more fun for the books to start arriving out of the blue!
5. The winner will post here as the books start to arrive. It is fun for everyone to see what they got!
6. The winner will host the sweepstakes again in next 2-3 months.

Closing: October 31st

This is the first sweepstakes I have the honour of hosting. I hope many of you will join in for the fun. And please let me know if I miss anything.

Participants:

lauraloo29 (Canada) - sent
kangaroo (UK) - DECOY - Received
Abi-Gibby (UK) - WINNER - Received

Send-only:

mcsar (Canada) - sent
Andrea99 (UK) - received
sedna5213 (Germany) - received
yorkshire-lass (UK) - received
Lamilla (Belarus)

Profile Image

I'm in....

....as a send only please!
Profile Image
Hop in.
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
I've just read the perfect book for this - so I'm in, please. :)
Profile Image
Welcome. We need more players.
Profile Image

I'm in

as send only please. Have a suitable book.
Profile Image

Weekend bump.

Anyone interested?
Profile Image
I'll join in on the fun
Profile Image
Thanks for joining. Good luck.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining.
Profile Image

Weekend bump.

Profile Image
as send only
Profile Image
Thanks for joining.
Profile Image
Come and join us.
Profile Image
any latecomers?
Profile Image

Last call.

Closing in a few hours.
Profile Image
Congratulations to... The winner will be getting the royal treatment from 7 of us, and congratulations to the decoy as well.

If you have not received a PM, let me know.

Thank you all for joining my first sweepstakes.
Profile Image
Profile Image

Posted

My book is now in the hands of the Royal Mail
Profile Image
For sending me Elizabeth by Tom McGregor based on the screenplay by Michael Hirst
Profile Image
Profile Image
Andrea99 for sending me Cleopatras Daughter by Michelle Moran

Yorkshire-Lass for sending me The second empress by Michelle Moran, bite size bag of maltesers and mars bar (labels arrived, book hasn't yet)
Profile Image
I received Cleopatra's Daughter from Abbi - thank you! (journal entry to come at a later date when I have the book to hand....)

Meanwhile, my book has been sent :)
Profile Image
however had to go surface
Profile Image
and will be travelling slowly to you, Abi-Gibby. Congratulations.
Profile Image
All the book packages are coming very fast. Thank you everyone for a good sweeps. Now only one more has to be sent, and then for our Canadian parcels to slowly make their ways across the pond.
Profile Image
For sending me two books by Mary Renault, the books where
The King must die
And its sequel The Bull From The Sea

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.