corner corner Owlish Roundabout (international). Owl adresses sent

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Owlish Roundabout (international). Owl adresses sent

There is a long tradition connecting owls with books and literature, so I'd like to suggest something like an international owl-themed book-chain:
Every participant is expected to send a book plus a little owl-themed gift like a bookmark, fridge magnet, stationary etc. - and, as this should be a roundabout, everyone will get a package, too!

If you would like to participate, please
- Post here by October 15th to enter.
- PM me with your mailing details and please put "Owlish Roundabout" in the subject line of your PM.
- You should be prepared to post internationally. If you tell me so, I can try to find you an address on the same continent, but that, of course, depends on the variety of entries and can't be granted for sure.
- On October 16th (hopefully) everyone will get an address. As this is a chain, you won't get the address of the participant that will send a book to you.
- The book should have an owl in the title, on the cover or in the story, or, as owls prefer flying in the night, words like darkness, night etc. in the title or a nice nightly scene on the cover.
- Everyone is expected to send their packages within the following three weeks.
- Please keep it a secret what you are going to send and to whom.
- When your own owl arrives, please let us know what you have received, so we can all share the fun.
- If you like the idea, there could be another owlish roundabout towards the end of this or at the beginning of next year.

PLEASE NOTE:
As I've never hosted something like that before - if I have left out something essential, please feel free to tell me so!

Participants:
- Releanna - in the air - an owl has lamded here
- josierivers - in the air - an owl has landed here
- yorkshire-lass - in the air - an owl has landed here
- Southernfryed - in the air - an owl has landed here
- mcsar - in the air - an owl has landed here
- PrincessRainbow - in the air - an owl has landed here
- heartthumper - in the air - an owl has landed here
- chawoso - in the air - an owl has landed here
- Palwasha - in the air - an owl has landed here
- bluezwuzl - in the air - an owl has landed here

Complete Thread

Profile Image
There is a long tradition connecting owls with books and literature, so I'd like to suggest something like an international owl-themed book-chain:
Every participant is expected to send a book plus a little owl-themed gift like a bookmark, fridge magnet, stationary etc. - and, as this should be a roundabout, everyone will get a package, too!

If you would like to participate, please
- Post here by October 15th to enter.
- PM me with your mailing details and please put "Owlish Roundabout" in the subject line of your PM.
- You should be prepared to post internationally. If you tell me so, I can try to find you an address on the same continent, but that, of course, depends on the variety of entries and can't be granted for sure.
- On October 16th (hopefully) everyone will get an address. As this is a chain, you won't get the address of the participant that will send a book to you.
- The book should have an owl in the title, on the cover or in the story, or, as owls prefer flying in the night, words like darkness, night etc. in the title or a nice nightly scene on the cover.
- Everyone is expected to send their packages within the following three weeks.
- Please keep it a secret what you are going to send and to whom.
- When your own owl arrives, please let us know what you have received, so we can all share the fun.
- If you like the idea, there could be another owlish roundabout towards the end of this or at the beginning of next year.

PLEASE NOTE:
As I've never hosted something like that before - if I have left out something essential, please feel free to tell me so!

Participants:
- Releanna - in the air - an owl has lamded here
- josierivers - in the air - an owl has landed here
- yorkshire-lass - in the air - an owl has landed here
- Southernfryed - in the air - an owl has landed here
- mcsar - in the air - an owl has landed here
- PrincessRainbow - in the air - an owl has landed here
- heartthumper - in the air - an owl has landed here
- chawoso - in the air - an owl has landed here
- Palwasha - in the air - an owl has landed here
- bluezwuzl - in the air - an owl has landed here
Profile Image
I'd like to enter, PMing you now
Profile Image
Thanks for entering
Profile Image
Sounds like fun.... gotta look for an Owl themed book though :)
Profile Image
I'll be on the lookout for an "owlish" book :-)
Profile Image

You're in.

Thanks for your interest! ;-)
Profile Image
Profile Image

Great!

You're Wellcome!
Profile Image

I found ...

many owlish items, but no fitting book on any of my shelfs :-(
Profile Image
nothing with dark or night? or maybe with mice? or Harry Potter? or Shakespeare?
Profile Image
This is a great idea.
Profile Image
Thanks for participating!
Profile Image

hoot hoot?

any other owl sitting idly on the shelf?
Profile Image
Profile Image
I like this theme and owls too. I write you a PM.
Profile Image

Fine!

Another owl! Thanks for joining
Profile Image
Sounds fun! Cute idea. No owls on my shelf, but looking...LOL
Profile Image

You're in

You'll see: As soon as you are looking for them, owls will be everywhere ;-)
Profile Image

YES,

my search was succsessful! I am in ...
Profile Image

great!

you're on the list!
Profile Image

hoot?

Any other owl around?
Profile Image

Yes please

My hometown is called owl buyer´s city - so i have to join!
Profile Image

Wellcome!

Hm, owl buyer's city. Is there a connection to Till Eulenspiegel?
Profile Image
No. It´s an old and funny Story about Uelzen ;)
http://www.uelzer-bier.de/---/uhlenkoper.html
Profile Image
Great story! ;-)
Profile Image
Profile Image
your address is still missing.
Profile Image
Sorry, I don't know why it's not got to you, I will PM you again now :-)
Profile Image
Sometimes my messages don't get through, sometimes I don't get all messages. And very often I don't get into my e-mail account. My hardware is not exactly the latest model, so it's not your fault...

Will send your owls later this evening... ;-)
Profile Image
... with the destination for their owls.
If you didn't receive an address, please tell me so.
(there's allways the possibility the pm got swallowed by the big black mail- sucking hole...)
Profile Image
thank you!
Profile Image

... and my owl flew away .....
Profile Image
Thanks for all the owl things you included. I appreciate everything. I am only sad that I cannot read German and cannot read the beautiful booklet about your city.
Profile Image
Another had come home to roost!

Thank you, Southernfryed! For the book 'Sugar Cage" by Connie May Fowler. It has a crane flying on the front. There's an owl pencil sharpener, owl note cards, a post card with an owl in a tree, and two owl Christmas ornaments for my collection! What a wonderful surprise!!!! I can't believe it got here so fast! Thanks again!

P.S. When I journaled the book I saw that...OWL is embedded in the authors name. Dummy me!!! How clever!
Profile Image
My owl just left its perch. ;-)
Profile Image
The OWL Service by Alan Garner is the perfect book for this exchange. It arrived with some very pretty Japanese OWL stationery. Thanks so much, mcsar!
Profile Image
This owl flew quickly. I am glad you like them. I have to say I think it is the perfect book as well. Enjoy 8)
Profile Image
For the wonderful Owlish package!
I received The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, a reaslly cute metal hanging owl, owl shaped chocolate, owl post-it notes, BC lables from Athens with the BC owl on, an amazing note book with a owl shaped cover( is this from Athens too?)
I love it all, thanks so much :-)
Profile Image
For the wonderful Owlish package!
I received The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, a reaslly cute metal hanging owl, owl shaped chocolate, owl post-it notes, BC lables from Athens with the BC owl on, an amazing note book with a owl shaped cover( is this from Athens too?)
I love it all, thanks so much :-)

You are welcome. Yes, the note book is from Athens too ...
Profile Image
The first one flew out October 28th (book from BWB) and the rest flew out this afternoon. I apologize for the delay; hope they don't get lost in the clouds and arrive soon! :)
Profile Image
I've been waiting for something to be delivered for this, its now arrived and I will get the package in the post today :-)
Profile Image
sorry for the delay
Profile Image
Your owl package arrived today... full of such goodies! Cute little pack of Owl tissue paper "braunies", little owl notebook, an owl postcard and Owl notecard with envelope, Owl notebook, Owl chocolates and salty owls (crackers?) --- they seem intact BTW. The Death of an Owl with the lovely owl string bookmark looks interesting, thank you! And thank you for the bookmarks and back story on the church!!

Thank you for organising this fun roundabout!
Profile Image
The Owl arrived today with very lovely napkins, sticky notes .... and an OWL Book with a great owlish bookmark. Thank you so much
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14789156/

By the way:

my OWL has landet days ago at mcsar
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14764690/
Profile Image
made their way over the ocean :-)

One was sitting of the parcel, the next on the tree of the book cover http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14763166 (BLACK cherry blues). I think it was living there for a while ;-)

I also found the nicest owlish writing cards ever accompained by a pen. So I can start writing quite now. But I must tell you that I can't resist the owls' eggs (an Oreo egg and some M& Ms) :-(
So no more owls, but a large package of Earl Gray tea and great BC plates.

Thanks again for your thoughtful gift. You realy made my day!
Profile Image

One was sitting of the parcel, the next on the tree of the book cover http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13220349 (BLACK cherry blues). I think it was living there for a while ;-)

I also found the nicest owlish writing cards ever accompained by a pen. So I can start writing quite now. But I must tell you that I can't resist the owls' eggs (an Oreo egg and some M& Ms) :-(

I think you copied the wrong link :) had me confused for a few.

Profile Image

One was sitting of the parcel, the next on the tree of the book cover http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13220349 (BLACK cherry blues). I think it was living there for a while ;-)

I think you copied the wrong link :) had me confused for a few.

You are right. It's changed now ;-)
Profile Image
and are with Hermes on their way.
Profile Image
the first owl arrived today - a large parcel with a beautiful, adorable - you called it memoboard - picture made of owl-design-fabric, with bands and little owls sitting on it (hard to describe, I'll post a photo soon) - very, very lovely :)
cute socks with owls and sunflowers and lots of BC labels.

thank you so much!
Profile Image
the first owl arrived today - a large parcel with a beautiful, adorable - you called it memoboard - picture made of owl-design-fabric, with bands and little owls sitting on it (hard to describe, I'll post a photo soon) - very, very lovely :)

thank you so much!

YAY so glad it got there safe!! :) Southernfryed chose the ribbon colors.
Profile Image

thank you so much!

I hope the second parcel arrived... it said it should've arrived the 13th of November.... please let me know if you received.
Profile Image
yes, of course I'll let you know! Our post is sometimes very, very slow.
Profile Image
Owl and the Japanese Circus

this sounds like a fun read, looking forward to it :)

thank you so much, josierivers. I'll make the journal entry later, have a lot of shopping to do first.
Profile Image
Owl and the Japanese Circus

this sounds like a fun read, looking forward to it :)

thank you so much, josierivers. I'll make the journal entry later, have a lot of shopping to do first.

AWESOME!! Glad it made it!
Profile Image
... came flying today - on the wings of Hermes.
Thanks to Princess-Rainbow for the book "Zwischen Flucht und Anpassung", a book about the relationship between animals and mankind, with a barn owl on the cover.
Along with the book came a cute owlish bookmark made of felt and three colourful bookmarks with helpful advice ;-). And there were wonderful stickers with ice crystals and "fluttery" owls. Thanks also for the yummy Lindt chocolate and the tea - and your kind note - on an owlish greeting card.
What a delightful surprise!
Profile Image
I´m glad that you liked everything that I´ve chosen for you.
Profile Image
for your unbelievable generous parcel. Here is a photo of my owls:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14787718

In the parcel were:
- a book about owls filled with beautiful photos
- a wall calendar with great photos (the last week I thought about buying a calendar ;-) I already know where to put it)
- a colorful shopping bag
- cute owl-felt stickers (I´ll give them to my pupils as reward)
- and last but not least a very nice note

You made me so happy! Thank you once more for everything you´ve chosen.
Profile Image
... I'd like to thank all of you: You have made this roundabout such a wonderful experience! I'd never have thought it would be such fun! Thanks again and enjoy your owlish books and gifts! ( I certainly will... ;-))

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.