corner corner 2017 Holiday Gift Giving -- 13th Annual!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2017 Holiday Gift Giving -- 13th Annual!

It's here! Yippee!!!

***Please read this post very carefully and if you still have questions then PM me for clarification.***

It's time for our annual Holiday Gift Giving Thread! We are in our 13th year and I think I'm more excited than ever about this year's gift giving opportunity! I love being the middle-girl between those who want to surprise another BCer with a gift and the lucky receiver of that gift!

Everyone may post his or her personal wish list, not just books, but anything--- big or small. Others may try to fulfill the wishes as they can. USED items that fulfill a specific wish are just as wonderful as new, and there are NO OBLIGATIONS.

***Please post your country in the subject line to make it easier for the 'givers'.

I WILL NOT BE ASSIGNING YOU A PARTNER as in some of the other giving threads. On this thread, you read through the wishes and find the ones you would like to grant. Then you PM me to get the address for you. You then send the surprises out at any time between now and...whenever!

***Address Info***
Something new: Please make sure to PM for updated addresses. I have had sweet BXing friends send me several things to old addresses this year and have sometimes had to go and retrieve them...and have always had to pay the entire cost of shipping again. (Which is fine...I'm just thankful they weren't sent back!) If you're keeping a BC address book, take the opportunity this year to update it by checking with me for addresses. I will be collecting addresses again as usual, so please send your address to me and I'll pass it along to whomever asks for it. I will post a list here as I receive addresses so you can check back to make sure your PM was received by seeing if your name is on the list.

Southernfryed has once again graciously offered to give out my address to anyone who asks. Please don't ask her for other addresses.

**Please be aware that courtesy goes a long way so please make sure that you've spelled the member's screen name correctly and that you are not sending me lists of 50 members at a time. ***I have not saved any of the addresses from last year so you will need to send yours again this year. I am very committed to responding to you in a timely manner so if you don't hear back from me or see your name on the address list within a day or two, then please assume I did not receive your note and PM again. I will notify the thread if I am to be away from the computer for more than two days. (I will be moving across country from Aug. 31-Sept. 2---should be able to check messages though.)

****VERY important: I take my responsibility seriously and will not give out addresses for reasons other than HGG giving, nor will I give out addresses after Dec. 31. All addresses are deleted from my computer after the first of the year and I start fresh the following year. DO NOT ask me to send you the entire database of addresses. Also, to clarify, you must send me a list of names...don't ask me hunt down and compile a list of all the members from your country, etc. I really don't have the time to sort through the list for that. Please just list the people you'd like addresses for. Make it easy on me! :) Want to make it easier? You could even list them alphabetically...!

I've had a great time the last few years fulfilling and receiving wishes. If you're interested in participating, all you have to do is post a list of gifts you'd like to receive. You can choose books, or world peace, hand-crafted items or new cars- anything you want or need. YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANYTHING AT ALL, but this is a generous community. Someone might have the very thing. I really would like to stress the importance of saying "thank you". I will start up a "thank you" thread as well and that is a great place to post a note to the sender letting them know that you received and appreciate your gift. A PM to the person would be a second step to take that I'm sure all "gifters" would really appreciate. Please don't feel that it is impolite to ask if someone has received your gift, but keep in mind things that can slow down the mail such as mailing internationally, weather-related closures, jerks with explosives, and busy holiday mailing seasons.

Anyone who wishes to translate this for others, please do. All are welcome to join.

Have fun and Happy (early) Holidays!!!

ADDRESSES RECEIVED: Abi-Gibby, alexotanil, anathema-device, Arvores, bamaforever, barbieq233, bookwormess, bossmare, Brookler, CatharinaL, CathrineB, chubsiewubsie, Colombina, dotdot, dove-i-libri, Egkrynicky, elizardbreath, elstaplador, feistypom2love, fifna, florence71, giota18, heartthumper, HerbertLooby, hobbitglen, Jackie700, jmsmom, jo_an_a, JPix, kirjakko, LadyIndigo, Lamilla, lauraloo29, LittleWhiteBird, MargaridaPires, mcsar, mdm139, nmugirl, Olivia_Lo, oraetlabora, Palwasha, Phoenix-Flight, poodlesister, Queen72, queenfrog, Rockdg9, rodespringbal, solaria, Southernfryed, stinalyn, tabby-cat-owner, tasou, thegoaliegirl, tomato68, trojanhorse, whiskeyjane, ythan

Complete Thread

Profile Image
It's here! Yippee!!!

***Please read this post very carefully and if you still have questions then PM me for clarification.***

It's time for our annual Holiday Gift Giving Thread! We are in our 13th year and I think I'm more excited than ever about this year's gift giving opportunity! I love being the middle-girl between those who want to surprise another BCer with a gift and the lucky receiver of that gift!

Everyone may post his or her personal wish list, not just books, but anything--- big or small. Others may try to fulfill the wishes as they can. USED items that fulfill a specific wish are just as wonderful as new, and there are NO OBLIGATIONS.

***Please post your country in the subject line to make it easier for the 'givers'.

I WILL NOT BE ASSIGNING YOU A PARTNER as in some of the other giving threads. On this thread, you read through the wishes and find the ones you would like to grant. Then you PM me to get the address for you. You then send the surprises out at any time between now and...whenever!

***Address Info***
Something new: Please make sure to PM for updated addresses. I have had sweet BXing friends send me several things to old addresses this year and have sometimes had to go and retrieve them...and have always had to pay the entire cost of shipping again. (Which is fine...I'm just thankful they weren't sent back!) If you're keeping a BC address book, take the opportunity this year to update it by checking with me for addresses. I will be collecting addresses again as usual, so please send your address to me and I'll pass it along to whomever asks for it. I will post a list here as I receive addresses so you can check back to make sure your PM was received by seeing if your name is on the list.

Southernfryed has once again graciously offered to give out my address to anyone who asks. Please don't ask her for other addresses.

**Please be aware that courtesy goes a long way so please make sure that you've spelled the member's screen name correctly and that you are not sending me lists of 50 members at a time. ***I have not saved any of the addresses from last year so you will need to send yours again this year. I am very committed to responding to you in a timely manner so if you don't hear back from me or see your name on the address list within a day or two, then please assume I did not receive your note and PM again. I will notify the thread if I am to be away from the computer for more than two days. (I will be moving across country from Aug. 31-Sept. 2---should be able to check messages though.)

****VERY important: I take my responsibility seriously and will not give out addresses for reasons other than HGG giving, nor will I give out addresses after Dec. 31. All addresses are deleted from my computer after the first of the year and I start fresh the following year. DO NOT ask me to send you the entire database of addresses. Also, to clarify, you must send me a list of names...don't ask me hunt down and compile a list of all the members from your country, etc. I really don't have the time to sort through the list for that. Please just list the people you'd like addresses for. Make it easy on me! :) Want to make it easier? You could even list them alphabetically...!

I've had a great time the last few years fulfilling and receiving wishes. If you're interested in participating, all you have to do is post a list of gifts you'd like to receive. You can choose books, or world peace, hand-crafted items or new cars- anything you want or need. YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANYTHING AT ALL, but this is a generous community. Someone might have the very thing. I really would like to stress the importance of saying "thank you". I will start up a "thank you" thread as well and that is a great place to post a note to the sender letting them know that you received and appreciate your gift. A PM to the person would be a second step to take that I'm sure all "gifters" would really appreciate. Please don't feel that it is impolite to ask if someone has received your gift, but keep in mind things that can slow down the mail such as mailing internationally, weather-related closures, jerks with explosives, and busy holiday mailing seasons.

Anyone who wishes to translate this for others, please do. All are welcome to join.

Have fun and Happy (early) Holidays!!!

ADDRESSES RECEIVED: Abi-Gibby, alexotanil, anathema-device, Arvores, bamaforever, barbieq233, bookwormess, bossmare, Brookler, CatharinaL, CathrineB, chubsiewubsie, Colombina, dotdot, dove-i-libri, Egkrynicky, elizardbreath, elstaplador, feistypom2love, fifna, florence71, giota18, heartthumper, HerbertLooby, hobbitglen, Jackie700, jmsmom, jo_an_a, JPix, kirjakko, LadyIndigo, Lamilla, lauraloo29, LittleWhiteBird, MargaridaPires, mcsar, mdm139, nmugirl, Olivia_Lo, oraetlabora, Palwasha, Phoenix-Flight, poodlesister, Queen72, queenfrog, Rockdg9, rodespringbal, solaria, Southernfryed, stinalyn, tabby-cat-owner, tasou, thegoaliegirl, tomato68, trojanhorse, whiskeyjane, ythan
Profile Image
First of all a big thanks to elizardbreath for the organisation.

Thanks a lot to all the fairy's who want to grant a wish :-)

my wishes:
Wishlist books
Stationary kits
Bookcrossing supplies (homemade or bought,and Dutch supplies are welcome too)
I'm a huge fan of Banksy, Andy Warhol,...
Homemade stickers or bought stickers
Dogbiscuits or treats/toys for my dogs
a handwritten letter to tell me a bit about you
Twinings Fruit Tea (can't get them here)
earrings
make-up
tote-bags (I use them to go to work :-) so something pretty or funny is what my students like best :-) )
lunchboxes for me or my kid
donations to BC or rabck.com
magnetic bookmarks

Thanks a lot
Profile Image
elizardbreath has my address

Here is my wishlist:
-box tops for education (for my daughter's school)
-gummy candy
-wishlist books
-I've become a little obsessed with the Great British Bake Off and would love anything related to that, however loosely- cookbooks, recipes, basically anything related to british baking (The only cookbook I have is: How to Turn Everyday Bakes into Showstoppers)
-Baking tins (any size or shape) with a removable bottom, used is perfectly fine
-any baking tool/decoration
-I'd be over the moon to receive a jar of clotted cream, lemon curd or anything tasty to put on top of scones
-a nice decaf tea (loose leaf or in tea bags) - no mango please, I'm allergic
-a tea cozy
-bookcrossing supplies- esp pre-numbered labels
-birthday cards for my husband (his birthday is October 17th)
-Christmas cards
-Christmas ornaments or other decorations
-early reader books for my 1st grade daughter
-extend my wings
-travel narratives (not guidebooks) that look interesting (I host travel narrative bookboxes, so if I've already read it, I can always pass it along)
-Historical fiction- especially tudor history (please check my bookshelf to see if I've read it)
-stocking stuffer type items for my daughters (ages 4 and 6- love Lego, Disney, books, LOL Surprise, Shopkins, Pokemon cards, art supplies, hair accessories, anything girlie... gently used would be fine)
-surprise me
Profile Image
My wishes:

Handwritten letter about your life, advice on planning/time management or a funny story. You can write me in Russian, English and German ^^
Tea. My favourite is flavoured black
T-shirt with funny print or quote (size M/L)
Postcards or similar memorabilia dealing with cultural peculiarities, stereotypes or differences (Finnish Nightmares series is a wonderful example)
yaoi/boy love manga
Study materials for German learners (B2)
books in German, esp. popular contemporary authors (paranormal romance, young adult)
manga or comics in German
Study materials for beginner Finnish (A1)
books in Finnish from my wishlist
Tote bags with interesting or funny print, quote
funny socks (size 23/37)
Fandom stuff (postcard, bookmark, keyring, etc) - SKAM, Marvel (team Iron Man), HP, Doctor Who etc
Book recommendations

Thanks a lot!
Profile Image
I'm so super excited to start fulfilling wishes!

We are moving at the end of August so be sure to PM Southernfryed (or me) for my new address. Hopefully this will be our last move ever!

Here are some wishes of mine...

Any Vintage or Antique books of any kind (feel free to register and label them)
Books written during or about the Victorian Era/Gilded Age America
Books about England: history, culture, fiction and nonfiction
Fiction and Non-fiction Books about Queen Victoria, the Tudors, or other British royalty
Travel memoirs (UK/Europe especially---check to see I've not read them already)
Biographies/Memoirs
wishlist books
I love receiving a box of fun reading---women's fiction, nonfiction, cozy mysteries, etc.
STARBUCKS GIFT CARDS (I'm a mom of 9...a little mom time out is one of the best gifts ever!)
used postage stamps for collecting (multiples of the same kind are fine)
**Jane Austen £10 note & £2 coin**
stationery sets/postcards for postcrossing
wax seals/sealing wax
"Hidden Mother" photos/photos with a Kewpie doll
reusable shopping bags, literature-themed tote bags
Anything Jane Austen or Bronte
tichels, long scarves for head covering
Book-releasing supplies
Chocolate! (No fruit added, please)
a quilt
Where’s George dollars
vintage or kitschy Christmas decorations
Profile Image
Okay, as a former Hickman Kewpie, I have to ask: What is your Kewpie connection?
Profile Image
Ha!! Not related to the high school at all. No, I like to collect the actual Kewpie doll and things with its image on them. :)
Profile Image
Wow! First time I participate in something like this and I'm really excited!

My wishlist is:
- treats or toys for my dog
- wishlist books
- BC supplies
- TASSIMO coffee capsules (latte macchiato, latte macchiato caramel and cappuccino)
- interesting board games
- literary/art/travel themed jigsaw puzzle with more than 2000 pieces
- the "Pride and Prejudice" Penguin tote bag
- any kind of chocolate
- recommendations for future travel destinations
- recommendations or/and recipes for food/desserts I should try
- a handwritten letter about yourself and your everyday life
- candles
- a literary case for my phone (Samsung Galaxy J5)
- a souvenir from your hometown
- anything bookish (from jewelry to clothing to stationary stuff)
- a book-scented perfume
- a literary umbrella
- a hammock
- pre-moistened lens cleaning wipes for my eyeglasses
- a genuine large leather backpack (classic, brown or black, two straps for the shoulders)
- a Kindle e-reader (!)

Thanks so much for organising!
Profile Image
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!
Profile Image
You can buy 'paperback' from The Library of Fragrance in the EU or Demeter in the US
Profile Image
I am so exited for HGG. I love the Holidays.
I am the 13 year old son of Elizardbreath.
Some things I want for HGG are...

anything that has to do with baking ANYTHING!
anything NERDY NUMMIES!!!!!!!
I have a reading club with my 11 year old sister and a donation of small toys, hard candy, sticker's, pencils, or maby some money, would be nice.
Books from my wishlist
Stamps for my collection
Postcards
Chocolate
Coins from different countries
Hot wheels
Writing supplies
Fandom stuff (DC comics, lord of the rings, Doctor who, star wars.)
Perler beads (red, white, blue, and brown)
Christmas cards
Hot cocoa, or mint tea.
Small round sticker's ( about the size of a nickel)
Geronimo stilton books
Profile Image
wishlist books
BC supplies (homemade is just fine)
Wheresgeorge dollars
Unused postcards or greeting cards, blank notecards or stationery
kitchen towels
anything coffee related
books to wild-release
World PEACE
Profile Image
Wish list books
anything cat or with cats on it.
Cat toys for my torti
Postcards, blank notecards or stationery
I love pens that write bold, blue only.
Note pads/shopping lists w/magnet
A penpal! Any country!
Anything lavender scented.
Fridge magnets
Decals or stickers
Shortbread cookies
I love Earl Grey and Irish/English breakfast teas.
Dragon related stuff.
My wish list books are on my profile page since I can't figure out how to make a wish list.
Profile Image
Thank you elizardbreath for organizing! I am excited to participate in this for the first time.

My wish list:
- wish list books
- books you think I might enjoy
- books on the 1001 list
- coloring books
- bc supplies
- postcards, blank note cards or stationery
- tea - any kind
- chocolate - only dark chocolate (may have nuts or other things in them, as long as they are not too sweet)
- coffee - freshly roasted whole beans
- candles
- logic puzzles/sudoku books or magazine
- cat toys
- decorative or other items with cats, elephants or owls on them
- interesting bookmarks
- scarves/gloves to keep me warm (I have small hands)
- pendants, rings or bracelets (6.5-7" wrist)
- sheet masks
- nuts - unsalted or lightly salted
- cute pots (with drainage holes) for my succulents
- succulents (cuttings or bare roots)/airplants (if you are from Canada)
- a handheld steamer (that you know heats up and works fast)
Profile Image
Thanks for organising this again elizardbreath.

I like:
-Wishlist books
-snail mail including chatty letters and Christmas cards (with nice stamps I can pass on to other Bookcrossers if possible)
-milk chocolate, and chocolate bars with peanuts, raisins or nuts
-toffee and caramel and chewy or soft sweets
-BC supplies
- magnetic bookmarks
-Donkey-themed gifts
-the Moomins especially Snorkmaiden.
-Pens, postcards, greetings cards and writing paper
- black tea (unflavoured) and mint tea
-Eco-friendly, ethical and fair-trade things generally
-donations to support http://www.bookcrossing.com
Profile Image
1. Books from my wishlist
2. Audiobooks on CD (Preferably fiction)
3. Bookcrossing labels
4. Extension of my Bookcrossing Wings
5. I collect postcards, so please send me postcards featuring local sites from your part of the world.
6. I'm an avid knitter, so a gift card to either Michaels or Joann would be wonderful in order for me to purchase yarn or other knitting supplies.
7. Organic chamomile tea.
Profile Image
Hello, everybody.
I am alexotanil's mother and would like to join in.

My wishes:
- stamps from around the world for my collection
- pencils
- souvenirs from your country
- interesting mugs for my collection
- gravures
- homemade sweets
- patterns for cross stitch and crochet embroidery
- kitchen towels
- pre-moistened lens cleaning wipes for my eyeglasses
- horn-rimmed sunglasses with brown tint
- OLD coins from around the world for my collection
- a large brown or black handbag/purse
- perfume for MEN (preferably Leonard or Calvin Klein)
- flat women's short boots (Europe 38 / USA 7,5 / UK 5 / Australia 6)
Profile Image
- wings
- BC labels
- cat toys for my 10-year-old tomcat
- postcards showing authors or authors' desks/homes
- vegan chocolate
- Christmas card (from you)
- calendar for 2018
- wishlist books
- fandom stuff of Sherlock/Harry Potter
Thank you :)
Profile Image
Ok. I can't resist. Haven't participated for a while.

My wishlist:

-Wishlist books are always welcome
-always looking for business card pages (10 per page)
- wings extension
-new birthday cards to use for the Birthday Group.
- butterflies
- note paper or cards
- interesting business cards from your area
-I love the ocean, but I live no where near one

Thank you!
Profile Image

Tasou - Greece

I would like to join in!

My wishes are:

-Books from my wishlist
-Books about theatre (plays, methods, biographies)
-Posters from movies
-Art books (painters, biographies, directors, famous artists)
-Notebooks, sketchbooks
-Tea
-Posters of urban landscapes
-Acoustic or classic guitar
-Nail polish (bold colors)
-Anything from starbucks
-Power bank
Profile Image
My wishes:
1. Wishlist books
2. Wings
3. Any kind of chocolate, sweets or cookies that don't melt easily, except for licorice
4. Recipes that you've tried and liked
5. Baking tools - it can be a piece of baking paper, a baking mat, any kind of cookie molds and baking tins, a piping bag or nozzles, a cake tester, a ramekin, a set of measuring spoons/cups, a zester or anything really.
6. Elaborate wax seals / sealing wax
7. Vintage letter openers
8. Book stamps, with something along the lines of "this book belongs to" on it
9. Audio books - CDs or mp3s, but no cassettes please since I don't have a player
10. Any Lonely Planet Travel Guide e-books, except for Great Britain and NYC - please PM me for my e-mail, as this is how the e-books are delivered
11. Other books you think I might like - I have stated my preference in the profile
12. Friends or Game of Thrones DVDs
13. Address stickers with, of course, my address on them - not too many, since I expect to move after finishing my graduate school in the current city. A few dozens will be enough.

Thank you!
Profile Image
My Wishlist:
1) Treats or Toys for my collie Blu (he's 1 On the 14th October)
2) Tote bags
3) BC supplies are always useful
4) Wings
5) 2018 calendar (no cat ones I have dog and he isn't a big fan in cats)
6) Manga in English volume 1 is always the best place to start
7) Hot Drink sachet like hot chocolate (please No mint)
8) Tea Twinings, tetleys, Yorkshire (I don’t like: Herbal, Fruit, Mint, Green or Perfumed (Earl Grey) teas)
Profile Image
I'll be happy to grant few wishes. Thanks for organizing !

My wishes ;
- wishlist books
- All related to Game of Thrones (I'm a big fan of the series), especially Targaryen and Stark's families
- 2018 Calendar
- Wings
- English and french bookcrossing labels are very useful
- Thrillers I don't know and I might like.
- Bookmarks (magnetics or not)

Happy HGG to everybody !
Profile Image
wishlist books
a book you think i'd like
anything DAVID BOWIE
cat toys
dog toys
bookcrossing labels
postcards(not written on)
postcards (written on with a note from you)
address labels
used gift cards
something purple
something with my name (Devon) on it
surprise me
candy
a letter
xmas cards
Profile Image
Ruby---it is you who makes guitar picks with used gift cards? I've been saving a few all year but couldn't remember who I was saving them for. Ha!
Profile Image
yes i make guitar picks out of used giftcards/ credit cards
Profile Image
- wishlist books
- bookmarks and keychains
- letters
- tsum tsum
- anything with pandas, hedgehogs, minions, Tinkerbell, Disney, Pokemon, elephants, owls
- lipsticks, cute socks, stickers, washi tape
- halloween themed stuff
- candy, chocolate and tea (except green tea)
- dog treats or toys
- fandom stuff, particularly from Harry Potter, "The Fault in our Stars", "A Song of Ice and Fire", Lunar Chronicles, Divergent saga, the Hunger Games saga and Throne of Glass saga
- surprises!
Profile Image
My first time in HGG. It sounds like great fun :-) Thank you elizardbreath for organizing.

Here is my wishlist:
- Anything related to Ganesh (books, pendants, cloths, imagery - NO earrings, please)
- Anything related to Buddha (books, pendants, cloths, imagery - NO earrings, please)
- Advanced Astrology Books (NOT the basic ones about your sign, please) – Liz Greene (I have Saturn and Neptune books already), Howard Saasportas and Melanie Reinhart (I have “Quiron and the Healing Journey”) are my favorite, but any other similar author will be fine.
- Books about Shamanism
- Karl Fazer Blueberry Yoghurt crisps in milk chocolate
- Karl Fazer Peppermint Crisps
- Karl Fazer Liquorice dragee
- Marianne (Fazer)
- Wishlist books
- Handwritten letters (tell me a little bit more about yourself)
- Suomen Mestari 2, Suomen Mestari 3 (maybe wishing for the stars here, but you never know) :-)

Thank you all in advance
Profile Image
LFL supplies as I am about to launch one!
Planner stickers as I'm an Erin Condren Vertical convert
School lunchbox ideas or books as from now on I have to make 15 per week
Fabric!
Yarn for crochet
4.5mm crochet hooks with soft handles (my fingers get sore with the normal ones)
10mm or larger crochet hooks
Wishlist books
Crochet books or magazines
Sewing books
Machine embroidery threads
Library of Fragrance or Demeter scents (I'm a super fan!)
Beauty or scent samples
Stationery of almost any kind
Coffee
Tea
Peppermint patties :-)
Issues of Burdastyle magazine
Postcards to my kids as they love to get mail

I hope to fulfil a few UK wishes. I'm so sad I can't do more but the postage is ridiculous! And I hope to throw in a few surprises too x
Profile Image
I haven't participated for a while and am excited now to grant a few wishes again!

Here's my wishlist:

- a donation to your favorite charity
- tea lights
- tea or tisane/infusion (any color, any flavor, I love tea!)
- beginner-level books in English, Italian or Spanish (for my kids age 7 and 9)
- lego ninjago stuff (for my kids)
- lego minifigures (for my kids)
- penpalling stuff (stationery, envelopes, washi tape, stickers... for my kids)
- anything with the letters K or J on it (for my kids)
- coins outside of the euro area (for my kids who collect foreign coins)
- jewelry (pendants, bracelets, hand-made items typical to your location or made by you)
- kitchen towels
- a recent issue of your local newspaper
- anything from your city/country (fridge magnets, postcards...)
- sticky BC labels and other book releasing supplies
- as always, wishlist books!
- Chanukah stuff
- surprise me!

Happy Holidays to everyone!
Profile Image
book crossing book plates
book crossing release supplies/stickers
*any kind of blank journal - even if it's from a thrift store or has a few pages used or torn out - thank you
reusable shopping bag
a book about animal rescue
a Wheresgeorge dollar
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Ythan (UK)

• Wishlist Books
• Wings
• Bookcrossing Supplies
• Birthday Cards (21st November)
- Please specify on the card/parcel that it's for my birthday, otherwise I'll assume it's for Christmas or another date written on the card/parcel.
• Pens (Not Silver Ink)
• Gift Cards e.g. Waterstones, WH Smith, Paperchase, Boots, HMV, New Look, Joe Browns, Amazon or similar shops
• Cinema Gift Cards e.g. Vue or Cineworld
• Genealogy: Tips on researching my family tree, stories of your own research, DNA testing kits you would/would not recommend
• Charities/Organisations: Involved in conservation/protection of environment, national parks, animals or historic buildings
- Books about these organisations or items from their gift shops/promotional materials
- Scenic walks around these places
• CDs: Calming, relaxing instrumental/nature sounds/singing(In any language) music
(See my profile page for similar music I already have)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• 2018 Calendars, Diaries/Notepads, TV/Film Fan Memorabilia:
(Some categories listed below for your inspiration)
• Colours: red, purple, gold, blue, teal(dark green), orange
• Scenic Landscape: mountains, desert, rivers, beach, waterfalls, rainbows, forests, any season
• Animals: Cats(big or small), huskies, wolves, red squirrels, eagles, hawks, owls, butterflies, dolphins, killer whales(Orcas), swans, geese, anything with fur or feathers
• Flowers/Trees: Buddleia, roses, irises, pink cherry blossom trees, horse chestnut trees, acers, sycamores, willows, honeysuckle
• My Top Ten Favourite TV Shows: Brothers & Sisters, Buffy, Charmed, Dawson’s Creek, Gilmore Girls, Little House on the Prairie, Murder, She Wrote, One Tree Hill,
Roswell, The Waltons
• My Top Ten Favourite Films: American Pie, Anne of Green Gables, Cheaper By The Dozen, Divergent, James Bond, Practical Magic, The Fast and The Furious, The Karate Kid, Twilight, X-Men
• My Favourite Musicals/Dance Films: Dirty Dancing, Fame, Grease 2, Mamma Mia, Rock of Ages, Step-Up 4, The Sound of Music
• My Favourite Period/Costume Dramas: Downton Abbey, Outlander, Pride and Prejudice(TV: 1995)
(I’d also be interested in biographies about these TV/Films or the Actors/Actresses in them)

Food and Drink:
• Hot Chocolate Sachets: (Not Caramel)
• Black/Breakfast Tea Bags: Twinings, Scottish Blend, PG Tips, Fairtrade, Yorkshire, Typhoo or similar (Not Tetley or Redbush)
[I don’t like: Herbal, Fruit, Mint, Green or Perfumed (Earl Grey) teas]
• Chocolate:
 MILK - Cadbury, Nestle, Swiss, Belgian, Thorntons, Divine, Galaxy, Green & Blacks (Not Lindt)
 DARK – Bourneville, Thorntons, Black Magic, Divine(Not Raspberry), Lindt, (Not Hershey or Green & Blacks)
 WHITE – Divine(Not Strawberry), Lindt, Thorntons, Nestle, Green & Blacks
 BUTTERSCOTCH – Green & Blacks (Not Divine)
 CENTRES/FILLINGS – Vanilla, Orange, Coffee, Strawberry, Praline, Raisins, Nuts, Caramel, Nougat (Not Lemon, spicy, black pepper)
• Sweets: Toffifee, Turkish Delight(Rose), Maltesers
[I don’t like the following flavours – liquorice, cinnamon, lemon, coconut, ginger]
• Apple Pop Tarts: Completely disappeared from UK shops but do they exist anywhere else in the world?

I think I went a bit over the top but hey it's a WISHLIST.

Thanks for reading. :)
Profile Image
I shall think up a wishlist soon, but first I'm gonna browse everyone else's list to see which wishes I might be able to fulfill this year :D

ETA Oh goodie, goodie, goodie, I've seen a few wishes which correspond with things I have stashed way over the past year to save up, can easily get or make myself. *rubbing hands in gleeful anticipation of the Spreading of Holiday Cheer*
Profile Image
* Christmas card from you
* Postcard from you
* Discworld stamps (I have quite a few from this year, but none from previous years)
* Anything by Wendy Pini, especially ElfQuest
* Hot chocolate sachets
* Hot cider sachets
* Pop tarts, I've never had one, would love to try!
* Salt water taffee
* Fruity candy
* A short digital subscription to The New York Times or Washington Post (like a month or so, preferably starting after September, this is a busy month)
*cookbooks/leaflets about cooking in wartime and/or on rations/with substitutes
* (Wish granted by elizardbreath)

Last but not least, I love it when you put real stamps on mail, I save them to either put in my Wreck This Journal, or for collectors/charities.
Profile Image
Oh, it's HGG time! Last year I didn't participate, but now I'm here again and looking forward to it! (In case you wonder: I changed my nick in 2016 and I used to be called Thalasse.)

Edit. Apparently the postage prices will go up in October in Finland. So I think I'll try to mail as much as I can in September.

My wishes:
* Used stamps for my collection (duplicates are welcome too, I swap them and also often donate them to animal charity via my German pal (dog & cat shelter in Ibiza)
* Cat postcards (photo/art, preferably adult cats) for my collection, you can send it blank in an envelope or write me a message on the card and mail it to me. :)
* Other cat themed things like bookmarks etc.
* I just got two foster cats after being catless for five months. They are still timid, but I'm sure they would appreciate toys or treats.
* Horse or owl postcards for my Polish penpal (photo, unused)
* Letter paper, please not pink /Disney/childish
* Old wall calendars (I make envelopes out of them)
* Any Friendship Book swappers out there? I am an active swapper, so FB's are always welcome.
* Perler beads /Hama beads - I am especially needing light pink/skin colored beads, as I've run out and can't find them anymore.
* Anything Star Trek or Doctor Who related. I have a modest collection of TARDIS themed items, so an addition to it would be more than welcome, but other DW stuff would be great too! Also ST or DW novels are welcome. (I like esp. ST:TOS and ST:DS9 and 10th and 11th Doctors)
* Anything about my other fave TV shows (Elementary, Firefly, Scrubs, Stargate SG-1, Legion)?
* Wishlist books (I have updated my wishlist), also science fiction novels that you think I would like.
* Tea - black /green, all kinds but I don't like vanilla/smoke/cherry/coconut.
* Chocolate (I like milk and semidark chocolate).
* A scarf (I like warm autumnal colors like dark orange, red, burgundy, moss green, brown etc.)
* Wings
* A surprise! :-)

Thank you!
Profile Image
- wishlist books
- address labels
- notebooks or journals
- herbal tea
- Harry Potter items
- Alice In Wonderland stuff
- art supplies ( paints, colored pencils, brushes, etc. )
- Dark Chocolate
- Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Beans
- Soap molds or fun shaped silicone molds
- book related or fun saying t-shirts sz Large
- Headbands
- Cocoa or cider packets
- kitchen towels
- Owl or Fox items
- something you think my 10yr old daughter would enjoy
- Anything book related
- Surprises! :-)
Profile Image
This year was a crazy busy year since we built a house from scratch and just moved in last week. Now that things are settling down I look forward to being more active in bookcrossing and sending as many wishes as I can.

Wings, labels (need more to register Halloween books)
Books to give out on Halloween (my new neighborhood is smaller but we are going to try to be the book house again)
Wish list books
Bullet journal
Stationary
Out of Print items
Loose leaf tea, tea accessories