corner corner Maritime sweepstakes - international (5th round) - Closed

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Maritime sweepstakes - international (5th round) - Closed

Hoping to revive this from its shipwrecked position at the bottom of the sea... Not sure what iteration it is, so guessing at #5 (thanks Abi!).

I hope the theme is self-explanatory. It's all about sea - anything that describes objects or activities relating to the sea, such as sailing, ports (a man made facility where boats can load and offload- you will also find land transport facilities here like trains and lorries), harbours ( where ships can get shelter and protection from the rough weather), boats/ ships, light ¡houses, jet skies, luxury cruises, maritime disasters, seagulls, fishing, oceanology, etc.

Post here by September 30th, if you wish to enter!

PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry). Please put Maritime Sweepstakes, Address of..... in the subject line.

One winner and one decoy will be drawn on or around October 1st, and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner (except that the winner will get the name of the decoy).

Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way!

The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a couple of months time. If you know you can't host the next round, please enter as a send only. Let's keep this sweepstakes going!

If you are the winner, please post here and tell us about the books and the goodies that you received.

This sweepstakes is INTERNATIONAL so if you are UNABLE to send something please do not join.

Books have to have a maritime theme to them PLUS you can also send a small gift also relating to what this sweeps is about.

Come on, join the fun! I look forward to lots of entries; you will receive the most varied and surprising books and goodies.

[Updated 17th Nov]

Participants
- Harobed82 - Berthed
- CathrineB - Berthed
- Abi-Gibby - Berthed
- mcsar - Berthed
- PrincessRainbow - Launched
- Bookworm-lady - Berthed

Send only
- kangaroo - Berthed
- lauraloo29 - Launched

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hoping to revive this from its shipwrecked position at the bottom of the sea... Not sure what iteration it is, so guessing at #5 (thanks Abi!).

I hope the theme is self-explanatory. It's all about sea - anything that describes objects or activities relating to the sea, such as sailing, ports (a man made facility where boats can load and offload- you will also find land transport facilities here like trains and lorries), harbours ( where ships can get shelter and protection from the rough weather), boats/ ships, light ¡houses, jet skies, luxury cruises, maritime disasters, seagulls, fishing, oceanology, etc.

Post here by September 30th, if you wish to enter!

PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry). Please put Maritime Sweepstakes, Address of..... in the subject line.

One winner and one decoy will be drawn on or around October 1st, and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner (except that the winner will get the name of the decoy).

Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way!

The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a couple of months time. If you know you can't host the next round, please enter as a send only. Let's keep this sweepstakes going!

If you are the winner, please post here and tell us about the books and the goodies that you received.

This sweepstakes is INTERNATIONAL so if you are UNABLE to send something please do not join.

Books have to have a maritime theme to them PLUS you can also send a small gift also relating to what this sweeps is about.

Come on, join the fun! I look forward to lots of entries; you will receive the most varied and surprising books and goodies.

[Updated 17th Nov]

Participants
- Harobed82 - Berthed
- CathrineB - Berthed
- Abi-Gibby - Berthed
- mcsar - Berthed
- PrincessRainbow - Launched
- Bookworm-lady - Berthed

Send only
- kangaroo - Berthed
- lauraloo29 - Launched
Profile Image
My boyfriend being a captain, and me being an employee in a maritime company, I find this sweepstakes attracting! :)
I'll happily join, I'm PMing you now. :)
Profile Image

Me please!

I just have to join this!

(My Mt. TBR is awfully high, but I just can't resist joining this!)
Profile Image
Send only please!
Profile Image

PM sent

And I think it's round 5
Profile Image
as I love the sea.
Profile Image
So I want to join, please. I send you a PM.
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image
I have just THE book for this!
PMing you now... :)
Profile Image
That is, Sunday 17th.
Profile Image
That is, Sunday 17th.

Ooops, I believed that I had better time to read a maritime book! :)
Profile Image
Ha! You're quite right - I see that I had said 30th Sept ... OK, I'll give it another couple of weeks ;)
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image

Lost at sea?

My book is ship ready.
Profile Image
To get off the island that is called the UK
Profile Image

PMs sent

Apologies for this landlubber's delay - but this ship has finally sailed! I will be sending mine at the weekend. Enjoy!
Profile Image
Will be sending on friday
Profile Image

Set Sailed!

Hope it will arrive soon.
Profile Image
Congrats to the winner... and enjoy! :)
Profile Image
Im either the winner or the decoy
So thank you for sending me Closed Circle by Robert Goddard
Profile Image
Im either the winner or the decoy
So thank you for sending me Closed Circle by Robert Goddard

I hope you will like the book! :)
Profile Image
Will post when it's on it's way.
Profile Image
I received today "To the lighthouse" : https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14720586
Profile Image
I received today "To the lighthouse" : https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14720586

You're welcome. Enjoy!! :)
Profile Image
Mine is going in the mail today.
Profile Image
Am I the winner as I see someone else has Recived something aswell.
Today I received the voyage of the Narwhal by Andrea Barrett
I also Recived with the book a bar of Lindt sea salt chocolate
Profile Image
You're the decoy - but I had so many books to choose from I couldn't resist sending you a little extra surprise ;)
Profile Image

Sent

My package has been sent. Sorry for the delay. Hopefully it won't take too long before it arrives, even though I sent it as economic mail. Usually there's not much difference.
Profile Image
For the book "The Island" https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14051553 , the yummy chocolate and pearl earrings! :)

So it seems I'm the winner of the sweepstakes! :)
Profile Image
I have received "Shutter Island" this morning: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14586578
Profile Image
I'm glad the book arrived. It was the only one I had at the time that fit to the theme of this sweepstakes
Profile Image
You spoiled me! :)

I have received the book "Moby-Duck" : https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14356051 and several other items.
A cap, a keychain, a postcard and a bookmark, everything "maritime" related.
It's very nice of you, and I like everything you sent! :)
Profile Image
You're welcome:) I just couldn't resist adding something maritime in addition to the book!
Profile Image
I received today "Houseboat Chronicles" https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14557058
as well as bookcrossing labels and a cute fish.
I like everything, and your lovely card too. :)
Profile Image
Yay, I am glad the book has finally arrived. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I do.
Profile Image
My parcel will be finally on the way. I apologize that you had to wait so long.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.