corner corner Movie sweepstake round 5

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Movie sweepstake round 5

Having picked up 'Gone Girl' from my TBR this week, I was horrified to discover that I totally forgot to post the next installment of this (and, I see, to thank everybody who sent me a book - I will do this when I have a moment, probably at the weekend). I can only apologise profusely: life took over!

I've searched the forums and I don't think that anybody has started a new thread for this sweepstake in the meantime, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Without further ado (or, indeed, adverts...!)

To enter, all you need is a book in your AVL or soon TBR mountain that has been made into a movie (stage shows & TV also acceptable). So any Harry Potter, Danielle Steel, Jodi Picault, along with the Anne Frank diaries, Schindlers List, Boy in the striped pyjamas, Wizard of Oz, Jungle Book/Mowgli could easily be included.

I will close this around the middle of September.

Rules are...

1) Post here if you wish to enter!
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = entry as Send Only)
3) One winner and one decoy will be drawn at the beginning of November and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner (except that the winner will get the name of the decoy).
4) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way!
5) The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a couple of months time.
6) If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received.
7) THIS IS INTERNATIONAL

[updated 17th Oct]

Participants:
- Abi-Gibby - sent
- Lamilla - arrived
- mcsar - arrived
- estelle1806 - arrived

Send-only:
- kangaroo - sent
- lauraloo29 - arrived
- Andrea - sent
- Bjorg - sent
- Clairby11xxx
- vedranaster - sent
- sedna5213 - arrived

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Having picked up 'Gone Girl' from my TBR this week, I was horrified to discover that I totally forgot to post the next installment of this (and, I see, to thank everybody who sent me a book - I will do this when I have a moment, probably at the weekend). I can only apologise profusely: life took over!

I've searched the forums and I don't think that anybody has started a new thread for this sweepstake in the meantime, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Without further ado (or, indeed, adverts...!)

To enter, all you need is a book in your AVL or soon TBR mountain that has been made into a movie (stage shows & TV also acceptable). So any Harry Potter, Danielle Steel, Jodi Picault, along with the Anne Frank diaries, Schindlers List, Boy in the striped pyjamas, Wizard of Oz, Jungle Book/Mowgli could easily be included.

I will close this around the middle of September.

Rules are...

1) Post here if you wish to enter!
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = entry as Send Only)
3) One winner and one decoy will be drawn at the beginning of November and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner (except that the winner will get the name of the decoy).
4) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way!
5) The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a couple of months time.
6) If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received.
7) THIS IS INTERNATIONAL

[updated 17th Oct]

Participants:
- Abi-Gibby - sent
- Lamilla - arrived
- mcsar - arrived
- estelle1806 - arrived

Send-only:
- kangaroo - sent
- lauraloo29 - arrived
- Andrea - sent
- Bjorg - sent
- Clairby11xxx
- vedranaster - sent
- sedna5213 - arrived
Profile Image
Oh go on then
Profile Image
As a send only please!
Profile Image

send only :)

Profile Image

I'm in.

PM sent.
Profile Image
I can post and receive ;-) internationally.
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
I'm in as "send only".
Profile Image

PMs sent

If you didn't receive one, please let me know! Looking forward to seeing what everybody sends! Happy watching one and all...
Profile Image

Mine sent

via BetterWorldBooks directly. It will take a while to arrive. 8)

Thanks kangaroo for organizing this fun sweeps.
Profile Image
Hope it won't take too long.
Profile Image
I have a book that was made into a TV drama, I hope that's ok
Profile Image

Ready :)

My parcel is ready and will be mailed tomorrow to the lucky winner :)
Profile Image

Ready

Will be doing a post office run on Monday
Profile Image
.....23rd September by surface mail.
Profile Image
... to the winner. Congratulations!
Profile Image

Sent!

Profile Image
Thank you sedna5213 for being the bearer of good news. The book label has arrived, and thanks for the stickers and note too. When I saw a small envelop in my mailbox, I thought it was something from HGG, and I was already delighted. Then I opened it and found that I have won this sweepstakes, now I am doubly delighted as I really like the theme of this sweep.

I cannot wait to find out what the book is and have already checked the BCID. Thanks so much for Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. It is one of the 1001 books that I have been wanting to read. Now I just have to wait for the book.
Profile Image
Congratulations! I hope the book won't take long to arrive!
Profile Image
Congratulations! I hope the book won't take long to arrive!

This book travels fast. It is already in my hands. Thank you again.
Profile Image
My package has just gone to the post office today.
Profile Image
No problem. It extends my joy of finding surprises in the mail.
Profile Image
for The Round Tower by Catherine Cookson. The author is new to me. Thanks for introducing her to me.
Profile Image
for sending Stephen King's Misery. I loved the movie and I generally enjoyed Stephen King. Knowing that it is one of your oldest books makes the gift that much more special. And I appreciate how your postcard matches the book so well.
Profile Image
from estelle1806 for Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier. It looks like a most interesting read. And thank you for all the extra goodies you thoughtfully included, I love everything.
Profile Image
But it's going snail mail over the pond, so it might take a while. :)
Profile Image

I'm the decoy

Received today an Empire of the Sun by J. G. Ballard
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14726541
from mcsar. Thank you!
Profile Image

Sorry!

Still not sent mine, waiting for pay day then should be sending it at the weekend, apologies for the delay!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.