corner corner CLOSED The Spurtle Sweepstakes

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

CLOSED The Spurtle Sweepstakes

The winner of the last Spurtle sweeps seems to have gone AWOL (hopefully temporarily!) despite numerous emails/ISO's so I've chosen to start up this sweeps in their absence.

THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES
So here are the rules
1) Post here by 10th September 2017 if you wish to enter!
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry).
3) Winner will be drawn on 11th September and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner/decoy.
4) Decoy will also be drawn so that the winner will not know they have won until the mail starts to arrive.
5) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way! Don't write to them, or post here their name, please.
6) The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a two or three months time.
7)If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received. If books are journaled but no posts here, a new winner will be chosen. Please, don't spoil it for all of us; you know this goes for you!

Well you may ask what you should send. Well firstly a book that is either written by a Scottish author or a book based in Scotland. Plus a little gift relating to Scotland. This is a must, as this is a SPURTLE SWEEPSTAKES. So, please, if you think you can't manage to get anything Scottish-related, don't enter.

Have fun, everyone!

Participants
* Bookworm-lady
* Abi-Gibby
* Lamilla
* mcsar

Send only
* Andrea99
* Plum-crazy
* Bookfrogster
* Yorkshire-lass

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The winner of the last Spurtle sweeps seems to have gone AWOL (hopefully temporarily!) despite numerous emails/ISO's so I've chosen to start up this sweeps in their absence.

THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES
So here are the rules
1) Post here by 10th September 2017 if you wish to enter!
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry).
3) Winner will be drawn on 11th September and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner/decoy.
4) Decoy will also be drawn so that the winner will not know they have won until the mail starts to arrive.
5) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way! Don't write to them, or post here their name, please.
6) The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a two or three months time.
7)If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received. If books are journaled but no posts here, a new winner will be chosen. Please, don't spoil it for all of us; you know this goes for you!

Well you may ask what you should send. Well firstly a book that is either written by a Scottish author or a book based in Scotland. Plus a little gift relating to Scotland. This is a must, as this is a SPURTLE SWEEPSTAKES. So, please, if you think you can't manage to get anything Scottish-related, don't enter.

Have fun, everyone!

Participants
* Bookworm-lady
* Abi-Gibby
* Lamilla
* mcsar

Send only
* Andrea99
* Plum-crazy
* Bookfrogster
* Yorkshire-lass
Profile Image
PMing you now... :)
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
as send only! :-)
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
I hope to visit Scotland next year ))
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

I will join.

Tried but failed to resist.
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
.....when I get home from work today!!
Profile Image
And PMs sent!!
Profile Image
Now, what to send......
Profile Image
now what to send
Profile Image
Am I the winner or the decoy that is the question

Mcsar sent me two boxes of walkers chocolate chip shortbread in the shape of a Scottie dog
And sunset song by Lewis Grassic Cibbon
Profile Image
.....finally ....... !!
Profile Image
..after 2 previous failed lunch time attempts when the whole of Edinburgh had apparently decided to go the post office just before me. Hope the winner enjoys what i chose for them. :-)
Profile Image
Was finally able to get to the post office. I hope it gets to its destination in good time
Profile Image
...that I intend to send, so it might be a little late... I hope the winner won't mind... :)
Profile Image

Sent!

Profile Image
I enjoy everything you chose for me. The wishlist book After you'd gone by Maggie O'Farrell is one of my top wishes. THANK YOU. And many thanks for the bookmark, heather tea and the very cute tartan pencils. I also love the cat postcard as I love everything cats. Such a wonderful end to my week.
Profile Image
You're welcome. Glad it all got there okay! PS The cat is no ordinary cat, but the one which belonged to Sir Walter Scott!
Profile Image
That makes the postcard all the more special. The cat's a beauty. I can imagine him sitting by Sir Scott's side while he penned Ivanhoe.
Profile Image
....sent it on the 11th hope its decided to go a slow route rather than lost :o(
Profile Image
Hopefully it would be here soon. A slow delivery seems to be a common theme with packets sent to me. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Profile Image
for H is for Hawk, by Helen Macdonald. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13640828

Once again, you have picked a most excellent book for me. I happen to really enjoy books about man's relationship with animals and the countryside.

And the unicorn pin is beautiful. Thank you.
Profile Image
My parcels always seem to have bad luck when they go your way
Profile Image

So true.

I hope they get here soon.
Profile Image
I wanted to read this novel first... and I wasn't disappointed!
Sorry for the delay... congrats on winning, and enjoy!
Profile Image
for Bleeding Hearts by Ian Rankin. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14719493 It is a crime fiction which I know I will love. And thank you very much for the box of Scottish shortbread. I love anything ginger flavored. I have not mentioned the taste preference anywhere but you picked the perfect shortbread for me. What a joy it will be to enjoy that with a cup of tea and a good book.

Just a reference for travelling time. This one has taken a full 6 weeks to come. So hopefully, I will be receiving Plum-crazy's, Abi-Gibby's and Andrea99's soon.

Profile Image
I hope mine shows up soon post office said it should of arrived by now
Profile Image
The time I participated, I sent a book about do-it-yourself repairs because it was published by the same company that makes scotch tape. LOL.
Profile Image
Another book has arrived. A lovely book from Andrea99, A Summer at Sea by Katie Fforde. It looks like a nice light read. While one should not judge a book by its cover, this cover puts me in such a summer holiday mood. I will probably read it next summer or when I crave summer by the sea and need an escape. I thank you for the handmade bookmark; it fits the book and I love the maple leaf touch.
Profile Image
for Half Broken Things by Morag Joss. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13499620 I have not read this author, but your praise of the book intrigues me. I look forward to reading this.
Profile Image
for Half Broken Things by Morag Joss. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13499620 I have not read this author, but your praise of the book intrigues me. I look forward to reading this.

Enjoy!! :)
Profile Image
The last two books are finally here after two months of travel. Many thanks to

Abi-Gibby for Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride and a very cute Nessie key chain. I always love a good thriller.

Plum-crazy for Scottish Folk and Fairy Tales, (how appropriate!) and tartan pencil, a cute notepad and yummy Scottish sweets.

The two parcels are last to come but definitely worth the wait.
Profile Image
Oh I'm so relieved it arrived! I actually complained at the PO yesterday & got a claim form.....but could I find the posting receipt, could I chuff! I must have every receipt from the last 6 months but the one I needed but panic over now. Glad it finally got there :o)
Profile Image
finally :)
Profile Image
for all the lovely books and treats you sent. You have been wonderful. And thank you Andrea99 for hosting.

I think I will start the next round in the beginning of 2018, as holidays and Christmas celebration will be underway soon. If you prefer that I start sooner, please let me know.

Thank you all once again.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.