corner corner 2017 Oppem's Birthday Group Thank you's and more!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2017 Oppem's Birthday Group Thank you's and more!

This is the place to thank the generous people that have sent you a birthday surprise.
I know that some gifts are in the mail so I decided to go ahead and start this thread now.

Remember that everyone should send Birthday good wishes to as many people as they are comfortable with (I know the list is quite long & none of us will be able to send to all, but that said - we should all send to some on the list).

Everyone should journal any kindness they receive personally(at least journal any books they receive) & also journal on this thread. That way we can all share in the fun....

Thanks to all and Happy Birthday's!

FINAL LIST OF PLAYERS:

January
9-Erishkigal (USA)
11-Clairby11xxx (UK)
15-MissMarkey (UK)
19-linguistkris (Germany)
31-bethieb (USA)

February
3-OPPEM (send a random RABCK to someone or wild release a book in her memory)
10-dark-draco(UK)
11-LadyIndigo (Australia)

March
2- rubyrebel (USA)
26-MargaridaPires (Portugal)

April
19- LittleWhiteBird (USA)

May
8- Lamilla (Belarus)
9- Bookworm-lady (Spain)
27-NatalieC7 (England)

June
8-barbieq233 (USA)
25-heartthumper (USA)
27-HDeaton27 (USA)
30-thegoaliegirl (USA)

July
3-Abi-Gibby (UK)
3-Brookler (Canada)
3-MyssCyn (USA)
5-lauraloo29 (Canada)
14-Merolia (Greece)
18-bamaforever (USA)
20-HI77 (USA)
28-Cfreckle (UK)

August
1-alexiapapa (Greece)
2-nmugirl (USA)
7-queenfrog (Canada)
23-Datlolololo (Canada)
26-love2cook (USA)
27-T02S03B11D20 (USA)
28-etherea (USA)

September
2-toothfairy25 (UK)
17-keeta1(New Zealand)
24-bookstogive (USA)
29-kiwiinengland (New Zealand)

October
5-carelaisa (Canada)
23-elizardbreath (USA)**Moving Sept 1st pm bookstogive for new address
24-tomato68 (USA)
27-Poodlesister (UK)

November
29-tabby-cat-owner (USA)
30-hyphen8 (USA)

December
4-BaiLong (China)
7- eponine38 (USA)
8-KaleLewin (UK)
13-southernfryed (USA)
20-from (Greece)

Complete Thread

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next 

Profile Image
This is the place to thank the generous people that have sent you a birthday surprise.
I know that some gifts are in the mail so I decided to go ahead and start this thread now.

Remember that everyone should send Birthday good wishes to as many people as they are comfortable with (I know the list is quite long & none of us will be able to send to all, but that said - we should all send to some on the list).

Everyone should journal any kindness they receive personally(at least journal any books they receive) & also journal on this thread. That way we can all share in the fun....

Thanks to all and Happy Birthday's!

FINAL LIST OF PLAYERS:

January
9-Erishkigal (USA)
11-Clairby11xxx (UK)
15-MissMarkey (UK)
19-linguistkris (Germany)
31-bethieb (USA)

February
3-OPPEM (send a random RABCK to someone or wild release a book in her memory)
10-dark-draco(UK)
11-LadyIndigo (Australia)

March
2- rubyrebel (USA)
26-MargaridaPires (Portugal)

April
19- LittleWhiteBird (USA)

May
8- Lamilla (Belarus)
9- Bookworm-lady (Spain)
27-NatalieC7 (England)

June
8-barbieq233 (USA)
25-heartthumper (USA)
27-HDeaton27 (USA)
30-thegoaliegirl (USA)

July
3-Abi-Gibby (UK)
3-Brookler (Canada)
3-MyssCyn (USA)
5-lauraloo29 (Canada)
14-Merolia (Greece)
18-bamaforever (USA)
20-HI77 (USA)
28-Cfreckle (UK)

August
1-alexiapapa (Greece)
2-nmugirl (USA)
7-queenfrog (Canada)
23-Datlolololo (Canada)
26-love2cook (USA)
27-T02S03B11D20 (USA)
28-etherea (USA)

September
2-toothfairy25 (UK)
17-keeta1(New Zealand)
24-bookstogive (USA)
29-kiwiinengland (New Zealand)

October
5-carelaisa (Canada)
23-elizardbreath (USA)**Moving Sept 1st pm bookstogive for new address
24-tomato68 (USA)
27-Poodlesister (UK)

November
29-tabby-cat-owner (USA)
30-hyphen8 (USA)

December
4-BaiLong (China)
7- eponine38 (USA)
8-KaleLewin (UK)
13-southernfryed (USA)
20-from (Greece)
Profile Image
A package has arrived today which I think is from Belarus, I will wait till my birthday to open it :)
Profile Image
for the birthday wishes on a National Zoo postcard! And I wasn't even in the 2016 birthday group! :-) The postcard brought back memories of the very enjoyable 2011 convention in DC. Thanks for your thoughtfulness!
Profile Image
For the cards and birthday wishes
Profile Image

Thanks Lamilla

For "Gone Girl", a wishlist book. It was a nice surprise, especially since I wasn't even in the 2016 birthday group either ^^^

Thanks also for the beautiful card and the super cute bookmark!
Profile Image
My first package for 2017 has arrived! I'll tucking it away until next month and will try not to lose it in the holiday shuffle.
Profile Image
My postman brought (all at once!) cards from poodlesister, L.D. in Edmunton, an envelope from Southernfryed, and two packages from Better World Books (one says birthday ). All are under my tree awaiting my solar anniversary. <VBG> Wheeeee~~ Thanks all!!

Profile Image
Just take out the x and enter the title you have to give away:
(Sorry for the inconvenience; I didn't leave the search fields empty so as not to overburden the search engine :))
http://www.bookcrossing.com/searchbooks?...
Profile Image

This is brilliant! Thank you sooo much!! :)
Profile Image
you are ****** brilliant!!!!
Profile Image
That's fantastic, thanks!
Profile Image
It was 17 degrees out, but I still stood there and had a big chuckle. :-)

My stack is getting taller, and it's still over 3 weeks until my birthday. Thanks to everyone who thought of me!
Profile Image
is a welcome reminder of warmer days to come :) LOVE it!

Also, several cards have come in the past week, and a package from bwb today. All under the tree till my B-day ~~
Profile Image
I received a cute unexpected birthday postcard today! It took its sweet time to reach me, but that makes the surprise nicer ^^
Profile Image
Your books are on their way from Amazon. Your cards are sitting on my dresser. Will be buying stamps later this week.
Profile Image
For sending me a wishlist book, The Lovely Bones, I can't wait to read it!
Profile Image
For the lovely card and I look forward to receiving At Home once you have read it :)
Profile Image
For the lovely card and birthday wishes!
Profile Image
you are very welcome
Profile Image
For your lovely package containing BC supplies, chocolate, hot chocolate and a really nice Canada fridge magnet for my collection.
Profile Image
For sending me a wishlist book The Poisonwood Bible from BWB, your card, postcard and BC supplies :)
Profile Image
For the wishlist book Wideacre and your very kind offer of the second book if I enjoy it (I'm sure I will, I'll let you know once I read it)! Coincidentally I read your review of this on Goodreads yesterday and thought it sounded good. Thanks also for the BC supplies and the card.
Profile Image
For the card, bookmark and BC supplies. Thanks also for the wishlist book Dragonfly in Amber which hasn't arrived yet, I love the Outlander series and I can't wait to read this!
Profile Image
Dragonfly in Amber which hasn't arrived yet

This arrived today thank you very much :)
Profile Image
For the BC supplies and your lovely card.
Profile Image
For the card BC label and very jazzy bookmark :)
Profile Image
For the wishlist book Call the Midwife, I have been desperate to read this since I fell in love with the TV series, and your nice card.
Profile Image
For your card, BC supplies and the wishlist book The Fault in our Stars :)
Profile Image
For the wishlist book Bridget Jones Diary and your lovely card. Today I am not working I am just enjoying a day at home and this evening my fiancé is taking me for dinner and to the cinema to see Fantastic Beasts and where to find them!
Profile Image
Today I am not working I am just enjoying a day at home and this evening my fiancé is taking me for dinner and to the cinema to see Fantastic Beasts and where to find them!

Wow great! Hope you'll enjoy the movie (we have more of them to come LOL)
Profile Image
For the tea (the kettle is already boiling), postcards, BC supplies and your lovely card.

I have been thoroughly spoilt by you all, thank you very much :)
Profile Image
For the card and flavoured drink, I'm sure I can find some alcohol to add to it :)
Profile Image
For your really fun package, I didn't anticipate the sprinkles and they went everywhere! Thanks for The Night Manager (I'll let you know when this arrives), BC supplies, sweets, the book sample and the fortune telling fish which is telling me about jealousy at the moment (I've never seen one of these before)!
Profile Image
The Night Manager (I'll let you know when this arrives)

It has arrived today, thank you :)
Profile Image
For the card, tea and BC supplies :)
Profile Image
my first birthday parcel from New Zealand. How will I not open it until May?! Thank you very far in advanced.
Profile Image
For Hollow Pike which looks like it's something I will love, your card, bookmark and the BC supplies.
Profile Image
For your lovely package of tea, postcard, magnetic bookmark, card and BC supplies. I also really loved the Canadian stamps on the envelope!
Profile Image
I promise to get back here soon to thank each of you...but for right now, I just want to say your thoughts and surprises have really helped cheer me~~THANK YOU!
Profile Image
thankyou lauraloo29 - your little package has made it here in record time (the canada postal mark says says 04.01.2017 and it arrived at my post office 10.01.2017 - very fast - i have cards and letters travelling to canada that are still travelling at 30 days, so 6 days it superfast
and i promise to 'not open until my birthday'

after a truly horrid 2016, i hope to get many more birthday surprises in the mail in 2017

i do have january's envelopes almost sorted - apologies to early january babies- and i'll post them on monday - birthday celebrations last all month long, or even all year long in this group :) :O

thanks again laura and congrats on taking out number 1 spot :)

happy new year everyone
;)
Profile Image
I have spent my birthday evening opening my bc cards and gifts and it has given me such pleasure. My home internet is down but luckily I have 4G on my mobile. Hopefully I will be back online properly soon so that I can list the lovely items. Can't do it so well on this fiddly screen.
Apologies to January birthdays. I am behind with posting due to me stupidly leaving my purse on the bus and having to cancel cards, wait for new ones and try to get to the bank for cash when working full time.
Normal service should be resumed by the end of the week with any luck and I can get the January cards etc posted. Many Thanks again. As usual being in the BC Birthday group makes a birthday amazingly special.
Profile Image
The Casual Vacany arrived from BWB today and I can't wait to read it :)
Profile Image
For the lovely card you sent which arrived today :)
Profile Image

Thank yous

I really appreciate the trouble taken to remember my birthday. I know how much postage costs these days. Bookcrossers are unfailingly generous. Here comes the roll call.....
Erishkigal for a card and the wishlist book To Be A Cat by Matt Haig, an author I have recently discovered. So looking forward to reading this.
Dark-Draco for a card, some BC labels and the book An Ear To The Ground by Ken Thompson that she thought I would like - she is right; I do like it.
HI77 for a card and all sorts of lovely bits and bobs including lovely home made labels, cartoons from US papers, a little short story, candy cane, chocolate, bookmark a dear little fortune telling fish that I have not seen since I was a child and lots of sequins and sparkles. Thank you. I love your parcels, always so varied.
Abi-Gibby for the book The Frog Was Blue by Faiz Kermani ( a bookcrosser that I am looking forward to meeting in Oslo) for my children's book bridge (after I have read it first of course;)), a very pretty notebook, some bc labels and a hot chocolate pack.
carelaisa for a card, assorted packets of tea, a postcard from Ontario and always welcome bc labels.
bookstogive for a card, and lots of lovely bc labels including some Happy Birthday ones all wrapped up in a real BC bag. I like to use these in books that I put in my geocaching cache that is big enough for books.
love2cook for a card, bookmark and label.
Clairby11xxx for a card, bookmarks and labels again tucked up in a real bc bag.
NatalieC7 for a card, labels and stickers. I get through loads of these so nothing is more welcome to me.
Tabby-Cat-Owner for a card and bc labels including a cool one that features her two daughters in a bookshop. Are they twins?
nmugirl for a very funny card and a packet of Flavour Aid - I do like sweet things.
KaleLewin for a lovely teddybear card and some bc labels and post its. So useful to me.
queenfrog for a sweet bunny card.
Elizardbreath for a card, bc post its and some Forget-me-not seeds. Lovely.
keeta1 for a card (those cat's eyes are amazing!) some stickers, a bookmark and some seeds from NZ. Brilliant.
Poodlesister for a great knitting card and lots of bc labels. I love using proper labels.
southernfryed for a letter, bookmark and postcards from San Francisco (I have been there so it was a lovely reminder of that holiday).
Lauraloo29 for a letter, bc labels and some wildflower seeds.
bethieb for some bc post its, a bicycle bookmark, a lovely notebook and a label for the book Olivia Saves The Circus. Sounds like a book for my bridge after I have read it.
Thank you all so much.
I am only sorry that my January cards are still with me instead of being in the post but are definitely going out this Saturday. My credit card saga is not quite over as a new one arrived yesterday but I was embarrassed when it was declined the first time I tried to use it today. Phone call to the bank tomorrow methinks.
Good night all and may all your birthdays' be as happy as mine was on Sunday.

Profile Image
Did I put the BCID number in the book as I've noticed to not had a JE yet
Profile Image
OMG, you're all such stars! Thank you for absolutely showering me in birthday mail. (I'm afraid I was so engrossed in opening it all that I even slightly burned my cake! ;D)

-Thank you bethieb for a cheerful card, a very pretty bookmark and a wishlist book, Who's afraid of Beowulf: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14342583
-Thank you bookstogive for an envelope positively stuffed with goodness: a gardening-themed card, a releasebag, lovely tea, and as many sticky labels as would fit! :)
-Thank you Carelaisa for such lovely wishes, sticky labels, and a selection of amazing teas!
-Thank you dark-draco for an amazing parcel containing not one, but two wishlist books (The Midnight Folk http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12125382 and Mog, the Forgetful Cat) and a huge collection of labels and stickers. :D
-Thank you Erishkigal for a sweet card and super pretty bookmarks with all my favourite motifs.
-Thank you KaleLewin for a little card stuffed to the brim with all sorts of lovely release-supplies. :D
-Thank you lamilla for the pretty card and the very, very spooky-looking collection of horror stories: :D
-Thank you lauraloo29 for a lovely note, sticky labels -- and I love the Erebus stamp!
-Thank you love2cook for a cute card with bookmark and bookplate
-Thank you nataliec7 for a card containing oodles of lovely homemade stickers. :D
-Thank you nmugirl for the most hilarious card and the birthday drink which made me laugh out loud!
-Thank you poodlesister for the absolutely wonderful-looking Constable and Toop (would dive in immediately if I hadn't company to feed cake and tea to in a minute! ;))
-Thank you queenfrog for a very thoughtful card!
-Thank you tabby-cat-owner for a sweet letter and an assortment of absolutely amazing postcards and bookmarks, some of which are homemade and just gorgeous (the owl has found a place on the fridge door). :D Also, very pretty Chinese New Year-themed stamps!
-Thank you tomato68 for the pretties card and personalised bookplates

You all rock! Unpacking has been so much fun, the best thing to get me into the mood for the parties to come!
Profile Image
Hi

I was just wanting to ask if my postcard to you ever arrived?
Profile Image
for a really sweet card. Love the seed head.
Profile Image
for an envelope of goodies - a card, cola sweets, chocolate lolly, hair conditioner (Ithink?) and 2 dear little wooden owls.
Profile Image
It is hair conditioner :) I'm glad you liked it
Profile Image
For 2 wishlist books The Wise Woman and The Taming of the Queen both by Philippa Gregory. I will add them to my enourmous to be read pile!
Profile Image
For the postcards, bookmarks, chocolates and fridge magnet which arrived today. Are the sticks insense?
Profile Image
Yes, the sticks are insense :)
Profile Image
Thank you so much :)
Profile Image
For the lovely postcards you sent :)
Profile Image
For sending some lovely cards, BC supplies and a hard back book to be used at my wedding :)
Profile Image

ThankYous

I know I should have been posting these long ago, and I apologize for taking so long....it's been a rough couple of months...just after Thanksgiving I had to say goodbye to my feline baby of 14+ years....my second job is at B&N, so being frightfully busy through the first of the year kept me on track. I was horribly sick over my Birthday, and even worse, heartsick, as now my canine companion of over 15 years was rapidly declining. I knew I was losing him, and he died on the 15th, leaving me completely gutted. Now I'm just throwing myself into catching up and finishing props for a show opening next week~~ keeps me busy, which helps.

And receiving your cards and packages all month has also helped~~<b>immensely</b>. From the bottom of my heart, I thank each and every one of you. Aho! Mitakye Oyasin!

hyphen8~~a wonderful pair of banned books "A Day No Pigs Would Die" and "A Part of the Sky" both containing an assortment labels and stickers, and an origami calendar 😊

bookstogive~ a phenomenal assortment of labels and stickers, including an "I'm not lost" front cover sticky I hadn't seen before!

HI77~~ sent a rainbow-colored wrapped up prezzie (the more fun to open 😊 ) ~ the book "Snowfall," plus labels, cartoons, a short short story, and a strangely-flavored candy cane.

lauraloo~~labels, and "Holly Blues," a wishlist book from my favorite cozy series.!

MargaridaPires~a fabulous handmade card (!) filled with an assortment of labels, lovely postcard of Portuguese windows, and an awesome bomber hat to keep even my ears snug on these too-frequent bitter days

SouthernFryed~~The Chicken Soup book, " Food and Love" and postcards of my favorite city, San Fran.

heartthumper~~joyful Springy card of tulips and flutterbies, with labels inside. (and matching envelope~so pretty

lovetocook~A birthday cake card~my only b-day cake! with bookmark and labels ~heehee~ and a 'celebrate' stamp

queenfrog~~ an absolutely adorable fawn card~ deer people hold special meaning for me; their medicine resides in the south, the direction of nurturance, of trust

elizardbreath~~a happy card, with labels, and 3 of my favorite neon orange 'pick me up' stickies

carelaisa~~tea!! a postcard with beautiful Fall images of Quebec, and the book "Tamburlaine Must Die," which looks to be a terrific read

Nataliec7~~a lovely card containing a terrific assortment of great stickers

tabby-cat-owner~~a note with some great labels, and a wishlist book to come, "Woodswoman"~ looking forward to it

Poodlesister~~a most amazing 'bee' card and a 3rd in a trilogy wishlist book~"Crack at Dusk, Crook at Dawn"~sooooo excited to read this

LittleWhiteBird~~a children's book about the Diné ("The Navaho"), for me to take to Little Big Medicine for the children's give-away. Also, two gorgeous photos of of things she finds
beautiful ~and they are :)

dark-draco~~2 books~~ a Dr. Who, "Timewyrm:Geneysys<" and a horsey/pony novel, "the Second Mount," both look to be fun. And a toboggan with a fun furry pouf on top :) plus the coolest address label that says 'keep calm and release books'~~

bethieb~ "Wormwood," a wishlist book from my favorite cozy series Yay:) And it's a large print book, so I don't even need my reading glasses! and a postcard of an elk from land Between the Lakes

????? the book "The Happiness Project," sent from Amazon. I don't know if a card/label has come and I've misplaced it, or if said notehas been lost in the mail. I'll keep looking....

Thanks again, everyone!!!!

PS just want to add how thrilled I am with so many labels and stickers for releasing!! Yay!!

Profile Image
Did you like the birthday card? It was my very first handmade card ;)
Profile Image
I know I should have been posting these long ago, and I apologize for taking so long....it's been a rough couple of months...just after Thanksgiving I had to say goodbye to my feline baby of 14+ years....my second job is at B&N, so being frightfully busy through the first of the year kept me on track. I was horribly sick over my Birthday, and even worse, heartsick, as now my canine companion of over 15 years was rapidly declining. I knew I was losing him, and he died on the 15th, leaving me completely gutted. Now I'm just throwing myself into catching up and finishing props for a show opening next week~~ keeps me busy, which helps.

So sorry to hear that you've been having such a hard time...hang in there!
Profile Image
????? the book "The Happiness Project," sent from Amazon. I don't know if a card/label has come and I've misplaced it, or if said notehas been lost in the mail. I'll keep looking....
That would be me. Card should be there by tomorrow.
Books bought from Amazon for Clairby11xxx, MissMarkey, bethieb and dark-draco. Wings for linguistkris & LadyIndigo. All your cards were mailed this past Monday. Sorry for the delay. I've been in and out of the hospital since mid Jan.
In Dec. I was totally organized but boy did that fall apart fast!
Profile Image
Hi

I'm really sorry to hear that you have had a rough couple of months. It's not good when these times happen.......keep hanging on in there! x

I was just wanting to ask if my postcard to you ever arrived?
Profile Image
to...
heartthumper for a card and bc labels - always so welcome.
cfreckle for the book 'The Uncommon Appeal Of Clouds' by Alexander McCall Smith. A lovely pristine hardback with a very attractive cover. I am always won over by front covers. Thank you.
Finally got my January cards off yesterday. Apologies for late arrival but it does make the birthday go on and on.,
Profile Image
an envelope from New Zealand. Now I have to wait 2 months to open it :p
Profile Image
For The Captains Daughter which coincidentally arrived at the same time as your card and the BC label for it!
Profile Image
For the card and BC supplies you sent :)
Profile Image
I've tried to keep everything sorted as I opened the envelopes and packages. My kitty Marmie was helping though. :-) I will be back later to make individual thanks.
Profile Image
As always I'm thrilled by all the lovely surprises. Bookcrossers are seriously the best people on the planet! And now, it no particular order, thanks to:

tabby-cat-owner for "Full Dark House" from my wishlist, the Victorian bookmark, pretty card and lots of labels.

nmugirl for the big laugh at the mailbox and everyday since then whenever I look at the flip flop that managed to make it through the mail. Do I get the right one next year if I'm good? :-)

HI77 for "The Little Book" from my wishlist, the short story, comics, labels, and the fortune telling fish. I had never seen one of these before. It keeps telling me I'm jealous though that can't be possible today. Nobody is more spoiled!

Abi-Gibby for "The Discovery of Chocolate" and the always useful BC labels.

hyphen8 for "Rose Under Fire" from my wishlist, stickers, and the cool origami calendar, envelope and bookmark. Thank you also for tucking them all through the book. Every time I thought I was done, there was another surprise!

Carelaisa for "Daughter of Siena", the Canada postcard, tea, cupcake card and labels.

Southernfryed for "Chicken Soup for the Soul" and the beautiful San Francisco post cards.

eponine38 for "The Opposite of Everyone" from my wishlist and the pretty b-day card.

Lamilla for "How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming" and the lovely flower postcard.

Elizardbreath for the pretty card and the labels. (Did I mention my husband took me to a library book sale over the weekend? I can use labels! :-) )

Lauraloo29 for "The Burgess Boys" from my wishlist and the birthday card.

BaiLong for the tiny, lovely birthday card. I loved just holding it in my hand before I ever opened it!

keetal for "The Red Garden" from my wishlist, the tui bookmark, the NZ post card, the choice card and the note telling me all about them.

bookstogive for the labels (s/a) and the b-day card. Also for the promise of a BOX OF BOOKS for my Little Free Library.

KiwiInEngland for the pohutukawa card, the pressed pennies for my husband, the labels and the Valentine's Day paper.

Queenfrog for the cute kitty card.

NatalieC7 for the b-day card with a note, labels and London post cards.

love2cook for the b-day card, labels, and bookmark.

Poddlesister for "Sleeping Naked is Green" from my wishlist and the fun Cat-titude card.

The mail has run for the day, and there's at least one birthday looking envelope. I've kept myself out of it for now so that I won't confuse things. I'll be back tomorrow if there are updates! Thanks again to everyone for making this a special day!

Profile Image
I think it's from Poddlesister. Thank you ;)
Profile Image
My first "chunky envelope" for this year's birthday has arrived...
Thank you, you are really thoughtful in advance... I must start an "early bag" this year... :)
Profile Image
Your package arrived on my birthday, just when I thought I was done opening everything. "Grimm's Furry Tail" looks like a fun read. Thank you also for the bookmarks and label. I can always use them!
Profile Image
Your beautiful card and labels arrived in Kentucky today. My birthday gift from my husband was a trip to the library book sale so they will come in very handy!
Profile Image
For the postcard from Sheffield. I like seeing and hearing about the places where BCer's live. My previous exposure to Sheffield came from one of my favorite movies, "The Full Monty". Your description sounds much nicer and greener! :-)
Profile Image
although I am not participating this year, I still released a book to the memory of Oppem...okay I am a couple days late, but this is the first sunny and reasonably warm day that we have had.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7243523 The Brethren by John Grisham

Natal Day Greetings to all of you, whatever day your birthday is. May it be awesome.
Profile Image
I sent a RABCK to raeliz64 in memory of Oppem

Creation in Death by JD Robb
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14288226/

Under your skin by Sabine Durrant
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13262376/

Delusion in Death by JD Robb
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12862577/
Profile Image
Released "The Old Man and the Sea" in memory of Oppem.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/1192804
Profile Image
61 Hours that both my mom and I read.
Received from love2cook and now it will continue its journey through Texas.
Profile Image
For the big bundle of books for my Little Free Library! I'll probably read the 2 Rita Mae Brown books before they go out, but the others ones will be out in the wild soon.

Profile Image
The mailman was on the porch with an armload of packages today! Birthday week continues. :-) Thanks for the candles, neat little bottle of perfume, romance trading cards, and the really cute homemade card. I'm impressed by your skills! :-) Thanks too for the postcards. I especially like the street scene from Algarve!
Profile Image
an envelope from nmugirl and a package from dark-draco (the stamps are amazing!)
Profile Image
I wild released 9 books today at little free libraries and plan to do some more tomorrow
Profile Image
A thick envelope from Poodlesister arrived today. The first birthday gift of the year:)
Profile Image
Your envelope arrived today
Profile Image
for the card, and selection of labels. No better present for me. This weekend I shall be labelling up my books for Becky's Bookcrossing Bridge in memory of a bookcrosser 's daughter who was tragically knocked off her bicycle and killed 6 years ago. It was her birthday on Velentines Day 14th Feb.
Profile Image
Thanks for the beautifully wrapped parcel that came with my choice from the First Lines VBB... Time to start a bag...
Thanks, you have been brilliant as ever!!
Profile Image
Thank you so much for all my birthday goodies. This is the first year I have taken part in the group and was overwhelmed by the amount of parcels I received. I enjoyed a fantastic hour on Friday opening each one – ably helped by my dog who got very excited by all the rustling.

As well as all the amazing birthday cards, this is what I received from everyone ....

Poodlesister – 'Life after Life' by Kate atkinson, plus some BC labels and stickers.
Eponine38 – 'Smoke and Shadows' by Tanya Huff (I've received the book from Betterworld books, but not the label as yet!)
Nataliec7 – 'The Colour Purple' by Alice Walker, plus some postcards.
MissMarkey – BC labels and stickers
LaurelLoo29 – 'The Helmet of Horror' by Victor Pelevin, plus BC labels and release supplies.
Lamilla – 'Dead as a Doornail' by Charlaine Harris
Cfreckle – 'The Colour Purple' by Alice Walker, plus some postcards.
Southernfryed – 'Keeper of the Bride' by Tess Gerritson
LovetoCook – BC labels
Numugirl – bookmark and a birthday drink!
H177 – 'Judas Unchained' by Peter F Hamilton, plus BC labels, chocolate coins and a candy cane
Bailong – card
Bookstogive – Release supplie, postcards, a geocaching travel bug, BC stickers and labels
Alexiapapa – BC stickers and labels, and some tea
Carelaisa – tea, postcards, a bookmark, BC labels and stickers
Keetal – bookmark, stickers, postcards and release bags
Bethlieb – 'The Price you Pay' by Ashley McConnell, plus postcards and BC stickers
Abi-Gibby – 'The Dinner' by Herman Koch
Nordie – 'The Hotel New Hampshire' by John Irving
Tabby-Cat Owner – Postcards and BC stickers.

I've also received 'The King's Buccaneer' from Betterworld Books, but there was no accompanying note with it ... I'm presuming it's from this group, but I might be wrong ;)

Once again, thank you to everyone who helped make my day brilliant!
Profile Image
I've also received 'The King's Buccaneer' from Betterworld Books, but there was no accompanying note with it ... I'm presuming it's from this group

That would be from me, I sent you a PM on Friday with the BC code for it, let me know if you didn't get it and I'll resend the PM :)
Profile Image
Thanks Clairby11xxx - yes, I have PM :)
Profile Image
Your envelope of goodies arrived in Kentucky on Saturday. I especially like the Corfu postcard. It's a bright spot on a winter's day! The labels and bookmark are appreciated too. I've been to a library book sale recently and am going through them at a clip.

(The packet of perfume split during the trip and had to be tossed, but it made everything else smell extra special!)
Profile Image
I'm glad you liked my parcel and I wish the perfume would have stayed intact but at least it got useful by spreading onto the other things :)
Profile Image
sorry i have not been here much - i am still between two homes (9 hours drive apart) and it has been stickyhot here - too hot to function to be honest - on my birthday it actually reached an all time high, breaking all records at 40 degrees c/104 f - well that was for my nearest town 20km away and where i live can be a little warmer (the next town got to 45c/113f ) - the 'other house' got to 32.2/90 on saturday and 46.6/115.88 on sunday....

and
we had a fire evacuation alert for a fire about 15 km away - the fire danger was at 'catastrophic' level and of course much of my state is still burning 4 days later - we're ok though - i could not imagine anything worse than evacuating in that heat...

anyhoo
i'll update all the goodies i received later - there are cards and labels (and sweets hi77!) and i have books with no bcids and bcid notifications (on labels and in emails) with no books yet
so
i'll be back...

thanks everyone for your wishes and all the goodies and cards

;)
Profile Image
I put it on my bookshelf and will open in July. Thank you for this nice surprise.
Profile Image
Your packages have arrived in Kentucky, and book and BCID have been joined together. I'm looking forward to reading "Isabel's Daughter" - the longest standing book from my wishlist. I will also put the bookmark and b-day stickers to good use. Thank you so much for everything and for always brightening my day.
Profile Image
Your package arrived in Kentucky yesterday. Finding Aidan Turner in the mailbox is a great surprise. Having a book attached to the back of him is a plus! :-) Thank you too for the pretty flowers card and the cute cupcake notebook. I've been putting out several Letterbox Hybrid Geocaches, and the notebook is a good size for stamps.
Profile Image
thankyou to everyone for their wishes - and apologies for the delay in reporting - i'm not feeling much like being online at the moment

bailong :) the smallest birthday card - beautiful artwork

bethieb :) a lovely debbie mumm birthday card, some butterfly post-its, magnetic bookmark and a book
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14363436/
An Isolated Incident by Susan R. Sloan
which looks like a good read
and by coincidence on the same day 'an isolated incident' by emily maguire arrived as well - the maguire one is on some best of lists and on several literary longlists - i'm hoping it will win something!

carelaisa :) sweet floral birthday card, some labels and a variety of teabags

cfreckle :) a postcard of a painting 'red and white lighthouse' and yes the lighthouse is red and white (such an original title haha)

Clairby11xxx :) sent an email telling me a book is on its way, but it is yet to arrive

datlolololo :) a book
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14376837/
Fight Like a Girl: The Power of Being a Woman by Lisa Bevere

dark-draco :) a solar system birthday card (sun, moon, stars and more), stickers, lots of labels and postcards - monet, royal horticultural society and mental health

hi77 :) i could hear the sparkly confetti bits in the envelope and no matter how carefully i opened it, some still escaped and are being walked around the house...
also cartoons, hug certificate, labels, shortstory, sweets (even though not chocolate managed to leak in this awful heat we've been experiencing) and a fortune teller fish

keeta1 :) cupcake with butterfly decoration card, monet postcards and teabags

love2cook :) balloons birthday card, labels and postcard

mysscyn :) some wings to keep me flying for another month

nmugirl :) funny birthday card 'if donuts could talk', a bookmark and flavoraid sachet
iced donuts say the funniest things: bite me / you know you want me / hey, when do we get a coffe break? / you want a piece of me? / there's nothing cruller (sp) than being all boxed in like this / coffee goes right through me!

queenfrog :) cute birthday card with a chocolate cupcake with chickens (even if it is not chocolate, it is now!)

cake anyone? perhaps some of nmugirl's drink?

happy days
;)
Profile Image
thankyou to everyone for their wishes - and apologies for the delay in reporting - i'm not feeling much like being online at the moment

Looks like my card didn't arrive, what a shame!
Profile Image

it is still travelling i would say - our mail deliveries are really inconsistent these days - a small parcel from the next state (and maybe only 600km away) took 12 days to get to me and a letter i sent the other way took 10 days - so if mail within australia is taking up to 2 weeks, international could be anything....
;)
Profile Image

it is still travelling i would say - our mail deliveries are really inconsistent these days - a small parcel from the next state (and maybe only 600km away) took 12 days to get to me and a letter i sent the other way took 10 days - so if mail within australia is taking up to 2 weeks, international could be anything....
;)

You'll get one from me too. Sent it the 1st week of January!
Profile Image

;)

Expect one from me too, mailed first of January.
Profile Image
Did you recive the package that I sent your way?
Profile Image
For the card, BC supplies, sticker and gorgeous personalised bookmark. Also for Bridget which arrived I think the week after my birthday, was there a BC code for it or are you happy for me to register it?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.