corner corner Sweepstakes and exchanges official list

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Sweepstakes and exchanges official list

So thank you to all of the people who put forward what sweep and exchanges we had. We now have a complete so far list of what we have in the forums :)

Mysscyn helped with putting all of the sweeps and exchanges in alphabetical order for us.

I would lke to hope that this list some what helps us keep track on what's going on in the forums.

If you think of anymore or a new one is created please let us know and it will be added.

If you are unsure that a sweepstakes or an exchange had died away or hasn't been seen for a while please PM the last person to win/ host the event and the creator of the sweeps first befor reopening Thanks KIWIENGLAND for pointing this out

Complete Thread

Profile Image
So thank you to all of the people who put forward what sweep and exchanges we had. We now have a complete so far list of what we have in the forums :)

Mysscyn helped with putting all of the sweeps and exchanges in alphabetical order for us.

I would lke to hope that this list some what helps us keep track on what's going on in the forums.

If you think of anymore or a new one is created please let us know and it will be added.

If you are unsure that a sweepstakes or an exchange had died away or hasn't been seen for a while please PM the last person to win/ host the event and the creator of the sweeps first befor reopening Thanks KIWIENGLAND for pointing this out
Profile Image
EXCHANGES

12 Days of Christmas Exchange ONGOING
Advent Calendar Exchange ONGOING
Calendar & Book Exchange ONGOING
Chicklit & Chocolate Exchange ONGOING ~ LAST TO WIN HOSTS NEXT
Dogs, cat and horses Carusel exchange
Easter Exchange (Simson~Shilitoe)
female authors literature exchange
Guy Fawkes Night/Bonfire Night Exchange - NOW BACK IN FORUMS
Rainbow exchange
Halloween Exchange RUN BY KIWIENGLAND ONLY
Ornament Exchange (TexasWren)
Owlish roundabout
Proud of Where You Live Exchange
Lable exchange (froggie66)
Samhain Exchange (aka CELTIC & IRISH TRADITION: SAMHAIN /MEDIVAL exchange) ONGOING
Secret Angel International Exchanged
Secret Santa EU Exchange
Secret Santa International Exchange ONGOING
Secret Santa UK Exchange ONGOING
Secret Santa US/Canada Exchange ONGOING
St David's Day Exchange
St Pattys Day Exchange
ST Pirans day exchange
Womens Day internatinal Book Exchange x2 feistypom2love and raluk68
Valentine's Day Exchange ONGOING
Yorkshire Day Exchange (Deltic)
Profile Image
The sweepstakes
Sweepstakes
Abi-Gibbys Xmas Sweeps ONGOING
Acts of Kindness Sweepstakes ONGOING
Animal themed Sweeps Back in forums
Audio sweeps ONGOING
Australian Literature Sweeps ONGOING
Authors From Unusual Countries' Int'l Sweepstake ONGOING
Book, tea and chocolate Sweepstake- ON GOING
Book and bookmark laugh contest sweepstakes ongoing
Canadian literature sweeps coming in june
Celestial sweepstakes
Crafts sweeps NEW
Chic lit and choc Sweeps Nit Been Seen In a While
Christmas Card Sweeps ONGOING
Childhood relaxation sweeps ONGOING
Classics sweepstakes ONGOING
Culinary sweepstakes ONGOING
COLOUR sweepstakes ongoing
Celestial Sweepstakes Ongoing
Dentists nightmare sweeps Not Been Seen In A While
European Santas Sack Sweeps ONGOING
Export a Garden Sweeps Ongoing
Favourite book of 2017 sweepstakes May become annual
Global sweeps
Herchelle's Annual International 2x April Showers Sweeps ONGOING
Home Sweet Home Int Sweeps ONGOING
Happy Smile Day Sweeps US/ Canada ONGOING
The iconic sweepstakes
International Birthday Sweepstakes
International Canadian Literature Sweepstake ONGOING
Local History Sweepstakes Ongoing
Manga & Graphic Novel Sweepstakes ONGOING
Mail a Garden sweeps Ongoing
Maritime sweepstakes NEW!!!
Mystery/ Crime/ Thriller sweeps
Movies sweepstakes
Mythological sweepstakes
Never Won a Book Sweeps Before US/Canada ONGOING
Never Won a Book Sweeps Before International ONGOING
Never Won a Book Sweeps Before EU ONGOING
Nominate a Newbie Sweepstakes
Plum-Crazys Halloween Sweeps ONGOING
Pop Culture Sweeps - last winner quit BC
Pirate sweeps ONGOING
RABCK Sweeps ONGOING
Royal Flush Sweep. RESTARTED
Revert to childhood sweepstakes NEW (wibba started)
Support BC supply store sweeps (every 4 - 6 months) ONGOING
Smile day Sweeps (international) NOT BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE
Supernatural Ssweeps ONGOING
Sweets/Chocolate/Biscuit Sweeps ON GOING
Spurtle sweepstakes (something Scottish/ scottish relates) ONGOING
Tea and Mystery Sweepstake ONGOING
The Book & Gift You Didn't Expect Sweeps - NOT BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE
Tiara RABCK Sweeps. NOW BACK IN FORUMS
USA/ Canada Happy Days Sweeps ONGOING LAST TO WIN HOSTS NEXT
Winter/spring/ summer/ autum homemade Sweeps (changes with the season)
Wishlist or Wings sweepstakes ONGOING
You've Got Mai NOW ONGOING
Wonderful Family Sweeps

Most sweepstakes are usually put up by the LAST PERSON WHO WON THEM
Profile Image

A heads up

EASY INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANYONE WISHING TO REVIVE A SWEEPS or EXCHANGE
If YOU see YOURS and don't want anyone else hosting it please let it be known.

Basic Sweeps "Rules"

Names will be gathered until *DATE.
Please PM address with the title of sweeps/exchange in TITLE LINE of PM!!!
Within a few days of ending date a winner and decoy will be picked.
Winner receives from everyone. Decoy receives from winner.
If you don't receive the winners name please ask and don't tell who the winner is until they figure it out by the volumn of mail.
By entering you agree to send a book and/or *** according to sweeps title!
You also agree to host the next contest**
Please be prepared to mail within two weeks of sweeps ending.
Feel free to embelish but please don't change the rules from the last sweeps.

If the sweeps/exchange hasn't been done in a while feel free to make up your own rules as it has been abandoned.
Contact MyssCyn who has volunteered to host, if for some reason you truly can't do so after winning. It would be nice to keep these going if there is interest.

Basic Exchange "Rules"

Same as above except you will mail to the person assigned to you. They will most likely mail to someone else. An easy way to set this up is to make a list of participants. Scramble the list then have name one send to name two, name two send to name three. etc the last name left sends to the first name on your list. unless someone asks not to send or receive from someone else for whatever reason.

Keep all addresses until you know the winner has received all his/her winnings. Makes life easier than having to ask and wait for PM's if needed.
Profile Image
This is usually drawn at the beginning of June, to help get people started looking for Canadian literature for Gypsysmom's Canada Day Release Challenge. As last year's very lucky winner, I will be running it this year.
Profile Image
I seem to remember I won it once.
There was also an INTL Book and Bookmark Laugh Day Contest; I definitely remember I won that one back in 2009.
I would be happy to host any of these.
But I'm not sure about where to find their specific rules... well, the last one will definitely involve a book AND a bookmark, but what about the "Smile Day" one?
Any hints?
Profile Image
You can do what ever one you want :)
Profile Image
You can do what ever one you want :)

Ok, I will host the Book and Bookmark one.
I have managed to find the original thread; this was hosted by Nattabee.
I expect to get many participants, so that we can all have fun.
Thanks, Abi, this initiative has been great!! :)
Profile Image
There was also an INTL Book and Bookmark Laugh Day Contest; I definitely remember I won that one back in 2009.
But I'm not sure about where to find their specific rules... well, the last one will definitely involve a book AND a bookmark, but what about the "Smile Day" one?
Any hints?

I did a search, and the ones i found were specific to a country. Like Canada, UK, Australia, etc.

But here's the rules set for one of them, if you wanted to start:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/439819

Profile Image
Any hints?

I did a search, and the ones i found were specific to a country. Like Canada, UK, Australia, etc.

But here's the rules set for one of them, if you wanted to start:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/439819

Thanks for your help! :)
I will finally host the Book and Bookmark one, as I was a winner 6 (yes. 6!) years ago.
I hope I'll see you there.
Profile Image
I am not offering to host, as I don't think I could find a spurtle http://en.wikipedia.org/---/Spurtle , but this sweeps involved sending vaguely Scottish things to the winner. There may have been an actual spurtle involved at one point; I think Scottish hoosier (?) used to host it or started it.

My memory tells me that this one maybe took place more on the Chit Chat forum rather than here.
Profile Image
Thank you for that I will email and ask to see if we can get it up and running
Profile Image
I have been in contact and have permission from the creator of the Spurtle sweeps to get this one back up and running. As long as we let braemar know what's going on. I will try and get this up and running after the bookcrossing convention in April so watch this space
Profile Image
Of course it was braemar! I miss her posts.
Profile Image
How about an Easter Sweepstake? Run along the same lines as Plum's Hallowe'en Sweepstake in that it's an annual event run by one person & the winner does not have to host the sweepstake the following year.

The winner would be sent an Easter themed book (can be a tenuous link to Easter!), Easter greetings card, & an Easter Egg, or sweets or a decoration. I'd be happy to host, unless another BCer has a burning desire to do so!
Profile Image
I think it's a good idea but if I where you I'd run it past the person in charge of the easter exchange Simson-Shilitoe
Profile Image
Kiwi's Hallowe'en Exchange & Plum's Halloween Sweeps have been running successfully alongside each other for several years now & there's several Christmas exchanges & a new Christmas Sweepstake.

Also, missing from the list, is the female authors literature exchange, to celebrate International Women's Day, but for the life of me I can't remember who used to run it! Can any of my fellow 'old-timers' remember?
Profile Image
Also, missing from the list, is the female authors literature exchange, to celebrate International Women's Day,

2014 Intl. Women's Day Book Exchange - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/503713 by FeistyPom2Love
Books Exchange: Women's International Day - 8th of March - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/489624 by raluk68
Profile Image
hi there,

This is usually hosted by the last person to win it. (I am hosting the current spring one as the lucky winner of the winter one.)

I think the tea and mystery one is also usually hosted by the last person to win too.

Profile Image
Thank you for adding this to the list. My sweeps is up and running for the 4th (??really??) year. Thank you!!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/518394
Profile Image
Hi,
I usually do this in January or February. Pratchitulshan did a minor one sometime in November I think. Sometimes I do it just before Christmas so people can send them in a card.

Basic rules are 3 labels can be printed, hand made, or from the store. Participants send me their addresses and post what labels they are missing or looking for as some have numbers and are hard to find.
Be ready to ship international but I will take your preferences into consideration.
I then match up people usually by whom has certain labels that the other needs and posting preferences. Others make deals on the postings and everyone has a fun time.

I will edit this later on once I find the old thread.
I have been intending to get another one started but life at work has been exceptionally busy and intervened.
Profile Image

Bump!

A little bump! :)
Profile Image

Bump

Just bumping
Profile Image
I just hosted "Support BC's Supply Store Sweeps" for its first run
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/520720
Will be hosting again in 4-6 months time
Profile Image
This is a yearly sweep, hosted by myself each Australia Day (January 26) ;)

2013 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/493652/
8 participants + 1 send only

2014 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/508482
8 participants + 5 send onlies

2015 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/515367/
20 participants + 5 send onlies
Profile Image
So far, I have hosted this for 4 years now. The idea is that there is no decoy in this sweeps, all entries are divided in to two groups, two names are drawn and each group sends what ever they wish to their winner. I usually open up this sweeps in the middle of March with the draw date on Earth Day, April 22.

2015 -22 participants http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/518394
Profile Image

Bump

Bump
Profile Image
There's also the rainbow exchange. Every person who signs up claims a colour of the rainbow (so you can have up to seven participants per round, or else get creative and add extra colours). They send a book with some sort of link to the colour they claim (so the person who claims green might send something by Graham Green, and the person who claims violet might send The Color Purple) and a package of small gifts in that colour.

The organiser decides who sends to whom, based on shipping preferences - so the recipient has no control over the colour they receive.

There's no particular link to times or seasons, and it's organised by whoever feels like it. Prachitulshan ran the inaugural round of this in 2011, and I did it in 2014.
Profile Image
That sounds like fun! I'd love to take part in something like that... :)
Profile Image
Just started a Global Sweeps & having checked here, it doesn't seem to have been done before. Perhaps it can be added into your list?

Can anyone remember what the Royal Flush sweeps was about? Was it King, Queen, Prince, in the title/author ?
Profile Image
I have no idea about the royal flush sweeps maybe books based on royalty
Profile Image

Royal Flush

was just a book that was somehow related to royalty :)
Profile Image
being the Mystery/Crime/Thriller Sweepstakes. Hosted lastly in 2014, when Into-the-Blue was the winner. I don't know if it has gone to sleep or not?
Profile Image

^

I was just thinking I haven't seen that one in a while! Was it really in 2014 that we last played!? :O

*edit* Oh no wait! I've just checked my book of sweepstakes and it was running in April/May this year
Profile Image

RE: ^

I was just thinking I haven't seen that one in a while! Was it really in 2014 that we last played!? :O

*edit* Oh no wait! I've just checked my book of sweepstakes and it was running in April/May this year

Oh, then I completely missed that round when it was announced AND in searching the forum.
Hmmmm....
Profile Image
and AngelChild won the last round.
Profile Image
and AngelChild won the last round.

Was that the Tea and Mystery/Thriller? http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/518757
Profile Image
Yes, hmmm wait are the Mystery/Crime/Thriller Sweepstakes the same as Tea and Mystery/Thriller because I don't remember there being one without tea????
Profile Image

Updates

The royal flush sweeps has been restarted today :)

This is a NEW ONE A crafts sweeps has just gone up in the forums so please check it out it you want to win some crafts items
Profile Image
Does anybody know if there is any non-fiction-themed sweepstakes (or any interest in it)?
I usually go for an "easy" mystery or children's book without even thinking about it, but this month I read both "Stiff" by Mary Roach and "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot and loved both of them so much that I thought I really should read more non-fiction, and maybe a little outside of my usual fields of interest, too.
Profile Image
Not sure about the sweeps, but there is a non-fiction VBB on bookrings forum, held twice a year. If I'm not mistaken, it is hosted by Vekiki
Profile Image
Does anybody know if there is any non-fiction-themed sweepstakes (or any interest in it)?

We can add a non-fiction sweeps to the list as well - I won the inaugural round and will host the next one in a bit...
Profile Image

Bump

Bump
Profile Image

Bump

Bump
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
I won this recently so I'm due to run it again near the end of the month :)
Profile Image
the new one to your list
Profile Image
It's already on the list
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
Bumping for Abi.
Profile Image
Advent calendar exchange is missing! :o

Does anyone fancy hosting?
Profile Image
Ah you beat me to it :( it was missing last year aswell wasn't it
Profile Image
Thanks for kick starting it! :)
Profile Image
.....needs putting in!!
Profile Image

Bump

If you think I'm missing something off the list let me know as its not been updated for a year
Profile Image
I'm hosting it right now
Profile Image
If Export a Garden and Mail a garden is the same, maybe they should be merged.
Profile Image

Please add

Would you please add my Favourite book of 2017 sweepstakes? I hope it will become an annually recurring one. Thanks! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/548610
Profile Image
It comes every year in October, so that we all receive a themed book to read on Nov. 5. I'm sorry, I can't remember who hosts it, but it's one of my favourites.
Profile Image
I'm the one who hosts it, and its already on the list
Profile Image
Seem to remember this in existence when RABCK.com was fully functional.
Not seen it for at least 5 years or so.
Also not sure how well it would run now with the absence of RABCK.com, but it used to be a pretty good way or luring Newbies into the RABCK forum.
Profile Image
Lauraloo29 started it last year, so it's on it's 2nd round? Next round should be in March or so.
Profile Image
Who was the last winner?
I haven't seen it for a while, and would not mind re-starting it, it's special to me... What do you think?
Profile Image
I did some detective work and the last round was hosted by me a year ago and won by Herchelle
Profile Image
I did some detective work and the last round was hosted by me a year ago and won by Herchelle

Thank you for your detective work. :)
She must have either forgotten or not being able to host a new round. Would it be Ok if I did? What do you think?
Profile Image
Try emailing Herchelle first and if you don't hear anything then you can set it up

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.