corner corner WON - Guess how many releases to the Oxford Convention OBCZ

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

WON - Guess how many releases to the Oxford Convention OBCZ

As part of the lead up to the World BookCrossing Convention in Oxford UK I am offering a prize to the person who most closely guesses the total number of books that have been released to the Oxford Convention OBCZ as at the time I arrive at the Convention on Friday 10th April and am able to connect to the internet to check the number.

The winner will receive wings for themselves or a member of their choice, a book they choose from my available or TBR shelf for themselves or someone else, some labels and any other surprise goodies I may decide on.

You will have until 3rd April to make your guess. Each member can make one guess only. Entry should be by reply to this post and please check that the number you choose has not already been entered as only the first person entering it can win.

This is a link to the zone- http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/772634
( For the mathematically challenged there are 379 books released at the time of writing, 15 pages of 25 books and one page with 4 books)

This is a link to the Convention website- http://2015.bookcrossingevents.com/

ETA Well done Slipperbunny who guessed 1740 and was nearest to 1758.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
As part of the lead up to the World BookCrossing Convention in Oxford UK I am offering a prize to the person who most closely guesses the total number of books that have been released to the Oxford Convention OBCZ as at the time I arrive at the Convention on Friday 10th April and am able to connect to the internet to check the number.

The winner will receive wings for themselves or a member of their choice, a book they choose from my available or TBR shelf for themselves or someone else, some labels and any other surprise goodies I may decide on.

You will have until 3rd April to make your guess. Each member can make one guess only. Entry should be by reply to this post and please check that the number you choose has not already been entered as only the first person entering it can win.

This is a link to the zone- http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/772634
( For the mathematically challenged there are 379 books released at the time of writing, 15 pages of 25 books and one page with 4 books)

This is a link to the Convention website- http://2015.bookcrossingevents.com

ETA Well done Slipperbunny who guessed 1740 and was nearest to 1758.
Profile Image
Hi ardachy and thanks for the generous RABCK. My guess is 521 books! Have fun with your releases.
Profile Image
Hope you enjoy the convention!
Profile Image

605 books

Thanks for the offer :-)
Profile Image
I will guess 1116 books. Thank you for doing this.
Profile Image
Let's say 1500 books :)
Thanks for this RABCK !
Profile Image
Profile Image
Have fun at the convention!
Profile Image
Since someone already took my magic number (which was 1116), I will have to say: 1608.

Should give me a nice range of books to choose from for wild releasing during the rest of my UK trip.
Profile Image
So sorry, I didn't know it was your lucky number.
Profile Image
I don't know if it is my lucky number -- just my employee number at work that I put on everything. In fact, since it is associated with work, it is probably not lucky. Only thing lucky about work at the moment is that I will soon be done with it for 2 whole weeks while I head across the pond.
Profile Image
Have a wonderful time and thanks for this RABCK.
Profile Image
What fun, wish I was going!
Profile Image
I think you're all going to catch a convention fever and release like never before... 2867 is my guess!
Profile Image

My number is 1067.
good reads for all!
Profile Image
Oh, I wish it was April already!
Profile Image

I think

2643 books will be released.
Profile Image
Hiya!
Diving in with 1961 books - and I've got my eye on the Sonny Barger book released by Krissa33! x
Profile Image

728 books...

Profile Image
My guess is 1460
Profile Image
Profile Image
Profile Image
Thanks for the rabck :)
Profile Image
Then number just popped into my head:)
Profile Image

thanks
Profile Image

....is my guess, after much deliberation!
Profile Image

guess

2106 is my guess after my birthday :)
Profile Image
books will be released.

I'm so looking forward to it! less than two weeks now... :-)
Profile Image
I feel I can come up with an estimation:
1842 books
Mine are allready packed - I´m nearly ready to go... can´t wait ;-)
Profile Image

There are still quite a few books here to be registered, labelled and released - last minute!
Thanks for this guessing game, ardachy!
Profile Image

I've not finshed yet!
Profile Image

Just guessin'...

Profile Image

Will be my lucky number. See you sooooon.
Profile Image
Thank you to everyone who as entered. It will be interesting to see who wins.
Profile Image
So well done Slipperbunny who guessed 1740.
Profile Image
Good to know that I'm not the only one to have woken up so early.... But there's a CONVENTION going on... how could one sleep in?????
Profile Image
Good to know that I'm not the only one to have woken up so early.... But there's a CONVENTION going on... how could one sleep in?????

:-)
Profile Image

Thank you! =)
Profile Image
You now have wings and the other goodies are on the way.
Profile Image

Congratulations. And ardachy, thank you for this fun RABCK.
I only missed by 1000 :-)
Profile Image
... hundreds of those books have disappeared into the suitcases of the conventioneers... and tomorrow morning we'll bag the rest (still a lot, a real lot...) and release them in Oxford :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.