corner corner RABCK.com COMING SOON!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

RABCK.com COMING SOON!

RABCK.com update! We have obtained access to the site and my husband, Jamie, (AKA new member, "MrElizardbreath") is rebuilding it! He's put up a PayPal donate button for anyone who wants to help with the cost of the monthly hosting and security. We'll keep you posted on our progress! http://www.rabck.com/

Complete Thread

Profile Image
RABCK.com update! We have obtained access to the site and my husband, Jamie, (AKA new member, "MrElizardbreath") is rebuilding it! He's put up a PayPal donate button for anyone who wants to help with the cost of the monthly hosting and security. We'll keep you posted on our progress! http://www.rabck.com
Profile Image

Nice one!

:0)
Profile Image
:D
Profile Image
Did a small donation to help get you started.
Profile Image
Thank you so much, MyssCyn, and everyone else who has sent donations. If we all give just a little, it will be no problem hosting it! I think he said it's about $360 or so for a two-year plan--- so not difficult at all!
Profile Image

Donations

Thank you so much, MyssCyn, and everyone else who has sent donations. If we all give just a little, it will be no problem hosting it! I think he said it's about $360 or so for a two-year plan--- so not difficult at all!

Maybe you could put in a little fundraiser thermometer type graphic to encourage people to donate...or not; it's up to you. :)
Profile Image
Good idea, I'll mention it to him. :) As of now, we're at about $40 and are very much appreciative!
Profile Image
Perhaps too soon to ask, but will the data be brought across, or will people need to re add their addresses?
From memory, there was nothing on the old site to say how current an address was / what date it had been added.
Profile Image
From memory, there was nothing on the old site to say how current an address was / what date it had been added.

Actually, it showed the date when a profile was last updated. I took advantage of that on a couple of occasions to host an "update your rabck.com" -rabck!

Elizardbreath & MrElizardbreath, you are amazing! Thank you!
Profile Image
Everything will be brand new so everyone will need to register again. I'm really excited about the ideas he's been sharing with me!!
Profile Image

fantastic!

I'm really happy to get RABCK.com back!

The elizardbreath family really rocks!

thank you so much!
Profile Image
Thank you so much! I've really missed it.
Profile Image
Thank you so much for sorting this out! I've donated to help you along and I can't wait for it to be up and running :)
Profile Image

Thanks!

Great of you to take it on. I've missed it! I don't have a lot to give but I got a small refund so I've donated that. Every little helps right?
Profile Image
Absolutely!
Profile Image

YES!

i will do a small donation after i get my paycheck
Profile Image
I have to say that I'm surprised more people aren't helping out with this.
Even if just by $1
Profile Image
We're getting a donation every few days, so that's great! I'm thinking members will be more likely to pitch in once the site's actually UP! Ha! :) Jamie's making good progress---but has taken this week off to help the kids prepare for their Christmas play this weekend. Wish we could post photos here, as I'd put up a screen shot of what he's got for us so far. Maybe I'll add it to my profile and you all can go there. I'll let you know if I do.
Profile Image
I really wanted to see it come back, but had zero knowledge of how to do a website.

So glad you got your hubby to participate.
Profile Image

awesome!

I'll add what i can after payday on thursday :-)
Thank you both for what you are doing here, the time, effort & thought you are contributing
Profile Image

Great news

I used to take advantage of rabck.com quite a bit and send out surprise wishlists books to other BCers. I've just made a donation.
Profile Image
Thank you for this monumental effort! I will donate as soon as I can.
Profile Image
(And not just because he's called Jamie!)

I've made a donation, and am very excited to see the site come back!
Profile Image
Thanks so much for all of your hard work----have a wonderful Christmas :)
Profile Image
Gotta help encourage the good work. :)
Profile Image
Thanks, hyphen8! Site is coming along nicely. I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm!
Profile Image
Honestly, I consider myself an avid BCer and I check the forum every couple of days, if not more often. But I hardly ever check the RABCK forum, so I only see this for the first time today!!

I'm hopping over to make some donation, but maybe if you cross post to the community bulletin and a couple other forum, you'll get better response? (though I have to admit this forum makes the most sense).

Really appreciate you picking up this project. It's quite often that I have to send a book and truly wish that I can go check on an address like I used to. Can't wait for the site to be up and running!!!
Profile Image

Thank you!

Saw the post in the community forum, and added a small amount. Keeping an eye on you. Let me know if you need any help with testing - I happen to work in Software Quality Assurance :D
Profile Image
Oh, and here's an update: He's finished a basic layout with upgrades to come later after the initial release. He's working on some back end stuff now and needs to finish that and work on implementing the security. Thanks for hanging in there, everyone. It's going to be great once it's up and going!
Profile Image
good ! can we help in any way ?
Profile Image
At this point, we're just taking donations for the hosting. I can't remember what he said it was...three hundred and something for two years. Right now, he's just paying it monthly from the donations that are coming in and we're just fine with doing that. Many are sending two or three dollars and it's such a blessing. It all adds up quick! That was his only concern about doing it --- the cost of hosting --- and I said that it would be more than covered---we BookCrossers are a generous bunch! :) Other than that, I'm not sure there's much else to be done in the way of help. I'll let you know if we think of something though! Thank you!
Profile Image
Just found this thread, and I'm so excited this is happeneing. Thank you, Mr and Mrs Elizardbreath.
Profile Image
So excited to hear this is happening!
Profile Image
This is very exciting news. Looking forward to it. Thank you!
Profile Image

Wow!

Thank you so much! Just found this thread! You guys are awesome!
Profile Image

RE: Wow!

Thank you so much! Just found this thread! You guys are awesome!

I second that!
Profile Image

Great news!

Just saw this and am excited! It's been ages and I completely forgot about that site! If everyone would pitch in a $1, that would be great. I will be glad to donate.

Thank you taking this on MrElizardbreath and elizardbreath! :)
Profile Image

Yay!!!

This is so exciting!! Any idea as to when the new site will be launched?
Profile Image
Not sure of a launch date...he's working on it in his free time, which isn't a lot for a full time programmer and father of nine! ha!! :) But, slowly and steadily, he's making progress!
Profile Image
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the progress of RABCK.com. I have been sick for the last 6 weeks, and have not had much chance to work on the site, but I am back at it again. I also am applying a new to me technology in the site, so I have a little bit of a learning curve. Today, I am in the process of switching everything over to my new computer and then I can start to work on the code again. Thank you all for you patience, and also thank you to all that have donated so far to keep the site up (even though all that is there at the moment is a coming soon page).
Profile Image
Well, we've had nothing but frustration in getting this site up! Three weeks ago, Jamie had it all ready to launch and had trouble getting it to load onto the site. He's spent three weeks waiting on the host to troubleshoot, with little success. So, the plan is to rewrite the front end super fast and try to get it up in the next couple weeks. Hoping to have it up by HGG time! Thanks for all your patience, everyone. Didn't want to leave you all wondering where we'd gone!
Profile Image
Well, we've had nothing but frustration in getting this site up!

Hang in there, and know that we are all rooting for you! :)

Profile Image
Thank you so much! What we thought was going to be a simple project has become quite the headache...mostly because we are worried about letting all our BC friends down! Things are looking good, though. It sounds like he's just got to work on the "edit user" page and make sure it implements ok and then...we should be up and going! Woo Hoo!!!
Profile Image
Thanks for your continued hard work.
Profile Image
Profile Image

Any news?

Trying to be patient... :)
Profile Image
I'm very interested too.
When I click on the links to the new page in this thread, I don't get the we're working on it message I saw earlier. It simply says that the webpage is unavailable.
Profile Image
I keep getting server not found unknown website

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.