corner corner RABCK Address Contacts (as @ 14 November 2017)

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
I recently had a bookbox to send and thought I would use this to find out the address of the next bookcrosser. It would be mini surprise because they had signed up for it months previously :)

They weren't on the contact list though, or RABCK.com :( Going to try it with the next one I send out, and the next etc etc

Complete Thread

1 2 Next 

Profile Image
Are you wanting to send a surprise book or gift to a bookcrosser?

Do you need their address details?

Here is a list of bookcrossers who have given permission for others to release their address to active bookcrossers wishing to send them a surprise:

BOOKCROSSER (LOCATION):......................CONTACT (by PM) for RABCK address:

10n3k3 (Netherlands)-------------------------------->Boekentrol
Abi-Gibby (UK)-------------------------------------------->Diane-Fraser
anathema-device(Austria)------------------------------>linguistkris
Bascula (USA)---------------------------------------------->Diane-Fraser
BeckyLizz (UK)-------------------------------------------->J4shaw
barbieq233 (USA)----------------------------------------->leahjett
Boekentrol (Netherlands)------------------------------->Chremajora
booklady331 (USA)--------------------------------------->Diane-Fraser
brunton11 (UK)-------------------------------------------->Plum-crazy
catsalive (Australia)-------------------------------------->Diane-Fraser
Chremajora (Germany) --------------------------------->Diane-Fraser
Clairby11xxx (UK) -------------------------------------->Poodlesister/Diane-Fraser
Diane-Fraser (UK)---------------------------------------->BeckyLizz/whiskeyjane
dolph1n (UK)---------------------------------------------->jalna
glenystasmania (Australia)----------------------------->Diane-Fraser
Herchelle (Canada)-------------------------------------->Nataliec7
J4shaw (Australia)--------------------------------------->Diane-Fraser
jalna (UK)------------------------------------------------->dolph1n
KaleLewin (UK)------------------------------------------->Diane-Fraser
keeta1(New Zealand)----------------------------------->T02S03B11D20
Lamilla (Belarus)------------------------------------------>mscar
leahjett (New Zealand)--------------------------------->barbieq233
linguistkris (Germany)---------------------------------->Saskiasosmile or Poodlesister
motherof11 (Netherlands)----------------------------->pinkoeria
mscar (Canada)------------------------------------------->Lamilla
Nataliec7 (UK)------------------------------------------->Herchelle/Plum-crazy
pinkoeria (UK)------------------------------------------->motherof11
Plum-crazy (UK)----------------------------------------->Nataliec7
Poodlesister (UK)---------------------------------------->Clairby11xxx/linguistkris
queenfrog (Canada)------------------------------------->Diane-Fraser
Saskiasosmile (UK)-------------------------------------->linguistkris
Southernfryed (USA)------------------------------------>Rubyrebel or MyssCyn
T02S03B11D20 (USA)---------------------------------->keeta1
T_richardson_x (UK)------------------------------------->keeta1
whiskeyjane (USA)-------------------------------------->Diane-Fraser

If you would like your details adding to this list please send me a PM with your nominated bookcrosser's pseudonym.

(ETA 20 April 15: See also queenfrog's generous offer of address holding. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8485786 Just let me know if you have given her your address to give out to others and I will update the above list accordingly.

For additional details of who holds address lists, RABCK dot com returns and the idea behind starting up this thread take a look here: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/514211/

ETA: more news on RABCK dot com (most recent at bottom of list):
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/516897
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/514478
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/533153

ETA 01/04/16 - Chremajora has also mentioned she is happy to hold the address of anyone who is interested in joining in with us - drop her a PM and let me know so I can update the list :)

ETA 09/05/17- update on RABCK.com
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/541867

ETA 30/10/17 another new member is happy to hold address details if required, thanks brunton11

As we now have quite a few people willing to hold duplicate addresses for this I have listed them below to make it easier for anyone looking for a buddy.

anathema-device
brunton11
Chremajora
Diane-Fraser
Plum-crazy
queenfrog
rubyrebel - (holds a word document you can add to as well)
Profile Image
Would it be possible to add location next to the name?
Profile Image
Would it be possible to add location next to the name?

Yeah sure :)
Profile Image

I like it

:)
Profile Image
It's a small list which I intend to update should more people join in.
If similar themed threads arise I will add more links too.
Great to see the work on RABCK.com is progressing.
Profile Image
Now we are in the New Year who knows what changes may be afoot. Don't forget to let your "buddy" know of any address changes this year.

Here's hoping 2015 brings you all many pleasant surprises from bookcrossing friends :)
Profile Image
If anyone wants to surprise her
Profile Image

I would like to be apart of this list & host someone's details. Surprises are always nice instead of having to clue in the person by asking for their address!
Profile Image

RE: .

I would like to be apart of this list & host someone's details. Surprises are always nice instead of having to clue in the person by asking for their address!

Would anyone like to "Buddy up" with leahjett ?
Profile Image

buddy up

I will buddy up with leahjett.
Profile Image
I will buddy up with leahjett.

That's great, thank you. I will leave it up to you both to contact each other by PM and swap your address details.
Profile Image
address details recieved & given (;
Profile Image

*bump*

Profile Image
I would be happy to share and hold address as well.
Profile Image
I would be happy to share and hold address as well.

Nice to see you on back on bookcrossing - I wasn't around back then, so Hello!!!

Anybody out there wanting to buddy up with Shann24lvr ?

Profile Image

Nice to see you on back on bookcrossing - I wasn't around back then, so Hello!!!

Thanks!! I am happy to be back...and Hello to you as well!!!
Profile Image
Pm-ed you today as well!!
Profile Image
I second that! :)
Profile Image

Bump!

Anyone wanting to leave their address with someone but don't know who to buddy up with. Let me know and I will ask one of the current participants for you.
Profile Image
No new members........ yet!

Profile Image
and a new BC friend too. Thanks for joining the thread whiskeyjane!
Profile Image
I just happened to see it last night by pure luck. Yay! Guess I hadn't been checking this forum in a while. Glad 2 b buddies.
Profile Image
Let me know what I need to do.
Profile Image
Let me know what I need to do.

If you have a Bookcrosser who holds your address and you have given them permission to pass on your details to other bookcrossers wanting to surprise you then just give me their BC name and I will update the list.

If not maybe Izzy5000 can buddy up with you and you can swap addresses. Let me know either on here or by PM and I will update the list as soon as I can.
Profile Image

I'll join!

I don't mind who my buddy is. Maybe Raluk68 or H177 ?
Profile Image
I don't mind who my buddy is. Maybe Raluk68 or H177 ?

Bascula is after a buddy - if you are both happy to swap addresses please exchange PMs with each other and let me know by PM or on here.

Or you can have Raluk68 or H177 as your address holders. Please let them know by PM , incase they are inundated with requests :) , and then drop me a PM and I will update the list to show who your buddies are.

Profile Image
Izzy5000 and I are holding each others addresses. We have already exchanged PMs, so you can add us to the list. Thanks!
Profile Image
Izzy5000 and I are holding each others addresses. We have already exchanged PMs, so you can add us to the list. Thanks!

That's great news. Wishing you both loads of surprises!! ;-)
Profile Image

*bump*

plenty room for more :o)
Profile Image
I would be more than willing to keep an updated list of any addresses if bookcrossers want to send them to me. That way all addresses would be in one place. Just pm me and I will happily compile a file folder here since I am at home 95% of the time with not much to do. Just an idea for those who are interested.
Profile Image
Thank you queenfrog.

I might be asking you to hold an address or two if we have any more interest in the future as well :)
Profile Image
Not a problem as I am always on my computer lol
Profile Image
On a word doc on my computer, it may need updated.
i have two word doc for this USA\CANADA and one for everywhere else
Profile Image
To everyone who has already given their address to rubyrebel for sending out let me know either on here or by PM. I will then add your bookcrossing name to this thread so others know to contact rubyrebel when they want to surprise you.

If you have had a change of address let rubyrebel know that too.
Profile Image

Change

On the list here I am listed as Samoa still.
Can you please change this to reflect my most recent update to you.
Cheers :)
Profile Image
On the list here I am listed as Samoa still.
Can you please change this to reflect my most recent update to you.
Cheers :)

Ah missed that!
All done :)
Profile Image
A lot of bookcrossers are using this thread to ask for addresses so they can surprise people or pass on a book ring/ray book.

However we have not had any new additions to the list recently. Come join us! Especially those who have already passed on their details to Rubyrebel to give out, so far we are only aware about one of you.

All we need is your BC name and the BC name of your chosen address holder.

To be added to the list either respond to this post or PM me the details.
Profile Image
then seemed to forget about it! I will have to search for a buddy to hold my address!
Profile Image
then seemed to forget about it! I will have to search for a buddy to hold my address!

Great get them to join in too, if you can, and you hold theirs :)

If you have any difficulty finding a willing BCer let me know. There are at least three BCers who have mentioned they would hold addresses for others for this thread.
Profile Image
Did you choose an address buddy Nataliec7?

You seem to have had a couple of offers :)
Profile Image
I would be thrilled to be the keep of your address, will you be the keeper of mine?
Profile Image
thanks for putting the time in to do this...
Profile Image
thanks for putting the time in to do this...

Thanks - got your PM :)
Profile Image
....just drop me the details :-)
Profile Image
I would be honoured to be the keeper of your address!
Profile Image
I would be honoured to be the keeper of your address!

I'll contact Herchelle!
Profile Image
a little bird told me that J4shaw had added a link to me for contacting to get her address.

What a really good idea, so good I've pinched it!

My profile page now includes the following info:

For anyone wanting to send me something as a surprise, please contact <a href="http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/BeckyLizz/"> BeckyLizz</a> or <a href="http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/whiskeyjane/"> Whiskeyjane </a> who both hold my address to issue to other Bookcrossers.

(ETA - the coding doesn't work here but will on your profile)

I have also mentioned this thread - trying to spread the word!
Profile Image
a little bird told me that J4shaw had added a link to me for contacting to get her address.

What a really good idea, so good I've pinched it!

I feel like I've been given a "Well done" gold star sticker! ;)

Here is the html code for what is on my profile.

For anyone wanting to send me something as a surprise, please contact <a href=http://www.bookcrossing.com/sendmessage/Diane-Fraser/> <font color="blue"> <b>Diane-Fraser</b> </a> <font color="red"> who holds my address at all times.
This is courtesy of the <a href=http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/10/514439/> <font color="green"> <b>RABCK Address Contacts </b> </a> <font color="red"> forum thread.

You need to change the first link in the code to match your own address buddy
Profile Image
Sharing the HTML coding that I posted 2 years ago in the main thread, for anyone who wants to add it to their profile page as I have done.
If you want any help tailoring it, please just shoot me a PM.

(NOTE - the coding doesn't work here in the forums, but will on your profile)

For anyone wanting to send me something as a surprise, please contact <a href=http://www.bookcrossing.com/sendmessage/Diane-Fraser/> <font color="blue"> <b>Diane-Fraser</b> </a> <font color="black"> who holds my address at all times.
This is courtesy of the <a href=http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/10/514439/> <font color="green"> <b>RABCK Address Contacts </b> </a> <font color="black"> forum thread.

To use, just copy everything in the green box above, and paste it into your profile page.
***You need to change the code to match your own address buddy.
This is easy to do: the 2 times you see "Diane-Fraser" in the code, change it to the name of your address buddy.***
Profile Image
Nataliec7 and Herchelle are address buddies and added to the list.

J4shaw - GOLD star!! Tee hee!
Profile Image
Bump!

New address buddies welcome. Just shout and someone will pair up with you.

Profile Image

Bumping

for all those newbies and returners to bookcrossing I have seen on the forums this month to consider joining us.

Also nice to see that the new site for RABCK.com is getting nearer to being finished :)
Profile Image
Still no sign of RABCK.com :(

Here is an alternative way to surprise others.

Don't forget we may want to surprise you too - buddy up and join in.
Profile Image
I found this thread lurking on PAGE 4!!! I have updated it due to one of our members moving.

When Plum-Crazy and I first discussed this idea we agreed if the thread should become unmanageable we would split the alphabet and work it between us. Almost a year later I am still finding it manageable.

Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to get more bookcrossers involved in address holding, buddying up or whatever you would like to call it?

Any idea be it small, large, sensible, daft etc will be considered. I can't make any promises it will be carried out however those I am able to fulfill I will do so.

It would be nice to keep this thread on page one for at least at week or two this month - so post your ideas here or drop me a PM.

Anyone up for the challenge ;-)

ETA 8/11/15 - Been on Page 1 for almost 4 days, still no ideas or new entrants though - I have an Idea to change the title post next year to try and make it stand out more, especially to those using the forums for the first time. Now just got to think what to call it!!! :)

Profile Image
I'd like to join but I don't have anyone to partner up with.
Profile Image

Brilliant, welcome !!! - I will add your details to the list of new members for this RABCK http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/525698

I'm sure a buddy will come forward soon :)
Profile Image

Sure, I'll be happy to. :)
Profile Image
Several people have my address and anyone is welcome to give it out. It hasn't changed since I moved here in 2001
Profile Image
Several people have my address and anyone is welcome to give it out. It hasn't changed since I moved here in 2001

I still have it. I am happy to be an address buddy on here for you. Will add you to the list and enter you in to the RABCK as well :)
Profile Image
Thank you for doing this
Profile Image
left to enter the RABCK http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/525698 I am doing a supply stores order during the week so will make the draw prior to that.

I have PM'd some of you with the details of the RABCK, however not all of you have entered - hope the PMs are getting through ok.

Plum-Crazy and linquistkris I haven't sent you a PM - as you have both been active on here recently you get an entry by default :))
Profile Image
left to enter the RABCK http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/525698 I am doing a supply stores order during the week so will make the draw prior to that.

I have PM'd some of you with the details of the RABCK, however not all of you have entered - hope the PMs are getting through ok.

Plum-Crazy and linquistkris I haven't sent you a PM - as you have both been active on here recently you get an entry by default :))
Profile Image

Thank you x
Profile Image
We have not long since had a reminder about keeping your buddy updated.
Don't forget to let them know if you change address this year :0)
Profile Image
I just now noticed this post....

Just let me know if interested.....
Profile Image
I would be glad to be your address buddy.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining in :)
Profile Image
I have removed queenfrog from the list, for now, as she is about to move. Once I have new details I'll add her back on.

Don't forget, as well as contacting your address buddy with changes let me know if any have to be made to the list.
Profile Image
If you haven't already done so, try PMing Rubyrebel she holds addresses that people were happy for her to give out whilst RABCK was down.

Unfortunately raluk68 hasn't come forward for this or RABCK.com :(
Profile Image
i'm sorry but i don't have raluk68's address
Profile Image
Just keeping in view :)

ETA updated list today too with new joiner Chremajora. Welcome!
Profile Image
queenfrog is back on the list :)

I now hold her address details and she will also be updating RABCK.com
Profile Image
I have just seen in the forum they need donations to keep it running. Hope the suspension is lifted soon. Meanwhile don't forget this manual system we have going.

Anyone wishing to join just let me know. I hold a few addresses, will take more and we have quite a few vounteers to hold addresses if you don't have an immediate address buddy to hand :)
Profile Image
stored on my computer in case rabck site would go down again
Profile Image
It didn't stay down long this time.

Not everyone likes to keep their address details on the Internet and, as we have seen, RABCK.com is not always there when we need it.

The manual systems are a slower alternative to use, however just as effective for surprising your bookcrossing friends.

Please remember to update your address buddy with any changes of address and also if you are on rubyrebel's list PM her your changes too. Oh and the same goes for RABCK.com - any changes update. I'm NOT moving - too many things to remember ;-)
Profile Image
today I removed BigJohnLefty's name from the list

:'(
Profile Image
Just tried looking for someone's address (who isn't in our buddy scheme) and got a 503 error.

Hope it's a temporary blip, though it would be nice if we got some more joining in with our thread.

Anyone out there wanting to join - let me know :)
Profile Image
I've not been able to get on RABCK for the last few days it just keeps coming up with Page does not exist. So can I join in in this thread please
Profile Image
So can I join in in this thread please

Yes of course you can. Who would you like to hold your address for you

If you have no-one in mind there are a few volunteers who would be happy to hold it and be listed on here as your the contact:-

Diane-Fraser
Plum-crazy
Chremajora
queenfrog

When you have decided who to buddy up with let me know their Psuedonym and I will add you to the list. Also PM them your address details and remind them its for this thread. :)

ETA - Ooops just checked my email. Thanks for the details. You're added!!
Profile Image
Boekentrol's address, if anyone needs it
Profile Image

Thanks for letting everyone know. Details are now added to the list.
Profile Image

Sorry for posting this twice - my computer really isn't playing ball at the moment :(
Things either don't get posted at all or go up several times...
Profile Image

You beat me to it :-)
Thanks!!
Profile Image
1. KaleLewin has joined us :)
2. RABCK.com has enough donations for 4 months so is back up and running :)
Profile Image
1. KaleLewin has joined us :)
2. RABCK.com has enough donations for 4 months so is back up and running :)

Thanks Diane-Fraser for being my buddy
Profile Image
I was talking to a fellow bookcrosser last night and she loves to surprise people with her books and mentioned how she had found it useful that someone had added to their profile who their address buddy was.

So if you haven't done so already update your profiles!

If you are unsure what I mean by this check out my profile and if you need any advice on how to do it PM me.

Oh and mention this thread when you get the chance at any bookcrossing meets. I am :)
Profile Image
Welcome Jalna and dolph1n
Profile Image
I recently had a bookbox to send and thought I would use this to find out the address of the next bookcrosser. It would be mini surprise because they had signed up for it months previously :)

They weren't on the contact list though, or RABCK.com :( Going to try it with the next one I send out, and the next etc etc
Profile Image
As I heard RABCK.com is down again. Hope it is temporary.

Also I will be sending reminders by PM to those who have asked people to be their address buddy on this thread, over the next few weeks. I'll ask you to contact your address buddy with any changes you may have forgotten to send on. (Just in case anyone was thinking of sending a little holiday surprise out).

I may even try and think up another RABCK draw just so I can use our address buddy system myself :-)

1 2 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.