corner corner 2014 Holiday Gift Giving Thread

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2014 Holiday Gift Giving Thread

It's here! Yippee!!!

***Please read this post very carefully and if you still have questions then PM me for clarification.*** If you're familiar with the HGG, please at least skim through and make note of the parts I've "starred" ***. Thanks!

It's time for our annual Holiday Gift Giving Thread! I'm really looking forward to what has been the beginning of my holiday season for the last 8 years! I love being the middle-girl between those who want to surprise another BXer with a gift and the lucky receiver of that gift!

Everyone may post his or her personal wish list, not just books, but anything--- big or small. Others may try to fulfill the wishes as they can. USED items that fulfill a specific wish are just as wonderful as new, and there are NO OBLIGATIONS.

***Please post your country in the subject line to make it easier for the 'givers'.

I WILL NOT BE ASSIGNING YOU A PARTNER as in some of the other giving threads. On this thread, you read through the wishes and find the ones you would like to grant. Then you PM me to get the address for you. You then send the surprises out at any time between now and...whenever! There has been some confusion about this in the past, so please PM me for any clarifications you need.

***BIG CHANGE!!!!***
This year will be different from others as there is now no more rabck.com. That means you'll need to send me your address if you want to participate. So, the big change is that, if you don't send me your address, I'm not going to PM you looking for it. So, if you post a wishlist and someone wants to send you something but I don't have your address, I will write back to them to let them know that I don't have it. Running this thread has always been a big responsibility, and this year it will be bigger than ever, so please take this extra step to help me out. I will post a list here as I receive addresses so you can check back to make sure your PM was received by seeing if your name is on the list. Bookcrosser, Southernfryed, has sweetly offered to be the contact person to obtain my address if you are wishing to surprise me with an HGG gift. Please don't ask her for any other addresses besides mine.

**Please be aware that courtesy goes a long way so please make sure that you've spelled the member's screen name correctly and that you are not sending me lists of 50 members at a time. ***I have not saved any of the addresses from last year so you will need to send yours again this year. I am very committed to responding to you in a timely manner so if you don't hear back from me or see your name on the address list within a day or two, then please assume I did not receive your note and PM again. I will notify the thread if I am to be away from the computer for more than two days.

****VERY important: I take my responsibility seriously and will not give out addresses for reasons other than HGG giving, nor will I give out addresses after Dec. 31. All addresses are deleted from my computer after the first of the year and I start fresh the following year. DO NOT ask me to send you the entire database of addresses.

I've had a great time the last few years fulfilling and receiving wishes. If you're interested in participating, all you have to do is post a list of gifts you'd like to receive. You can choose books, or world peace, hand-crafted items or new cars- anything you want or need. YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANYTHING AT ALL, but this is a generous community. Someone might have the very thing. I really would like to stress the importance of saying "thank you". I will start up a "thank you" thread as well and that is a great place to post a note to the sender letting them know that you received and appreciate your gift. A PM to the person would be a second step to take that I'm sure all "gifters" would really appreciate. Please don't feel that it is impolite to ask if someone has received your gift, but keep in mind things that can slow down the mail such as mailing internationally and busy holiday mailing seasons.

Anyone who wishes to translate this for others, please do. All are welcome to join.

Have fun and Happy (early) Holidays!!!

ADDRESSES RECEIVED: Aberpeter, abi-gibby, alerion, alexiapapa, alkaline-kiwi, ametisti, amynita, apoloniaX, ask-ask, ayesharaees, bamaforever, book-a-neer, bookfrogster, brookler, Chania, Charlieshack, colombina, dotdot, dove-i-libri, ellastix, elstaplador, etherea, feistypom2love, genielady, ghir, hagathorn, heartthumper, herbertloopy, herchelle, HI77, iluvtoread2, izzy5000, jpix, kate3005, kihaan, Kimmi, klaradyn, lamilla, lauraloo29, lightlybenthalo, linguistkris, littlewhitebird, mdm139, millycat, moonblue, mysscyn, nataliec7, nmugirl, oedde, pinkoeria, pippis, prachitulshan, princessrainbow, queenfrog, raluk68, rockdg9, rodespringbal, romy86, rubyladybug, rubyrebel, sarahmangan, saskiasosmile, Southernfryed, Sunshinedreem, Thalasse, thegoaliegirl, tomato68, toothfairy25, veer23, whiteraven, yaroujidai

Complete Thread

1 2 Next 

Profile Image
It's here! Yippee!!!

***Please read this post very carefully and if you still have questions then PM me for clarification.*** If you're familiar with the HGG, please at least skim through and make note of the parts I've "starred" ***. Thanks!

It's time for our annual Holiday Gift Giving Thread! I'm really looking forward to what has been the beginning of my holiday season for the last 8 years! I love being the middle-girl between those who want to surprise another BXer with a gift and the lucky receiver of that gift!

Everyone may post his or her personal wish list, not just books, but anything--- big or small. Others may try to fulfill the wishes as they can. USED items that fulfill a specific wish are just as wonderful as new, and there are NO OBLIGATIONS.

***Please post your country in the subject line to make it easier for the 'givers'.

I WILL NOT BE ASSIGNING YOU A PARTNER as in some of the other giving threads. On this thread, you read through the wishes and find the ones you would like to grant. Then you PM me to get the address for you. You then send the surprises out at any time between now and...whenever! There has been some confusion about this in the past, so please PM me for any clarifications you need.

***BIG CHANGE!!!!***
This year will be different from others as there is now no more rabck.com. That means you'll need to send me your address if you want to participate. So, the big change is that, if you don't send me your address, I'm not going to PM you looking for it. So, if you post a wishlist and someone wants to send you something but I don't have your address, I will write back to them to let them know that I don't have it. Running this thread has always been a big responsibility, and this year it will be bigger than ever, so please take this extra step to help me out. I will post a list here as I receive addresses so you can check back to make sure your PM was received by seeing if your name is on the list. Bookcrosser, Southernfryed, has sweetly offered to be the contact person to obtain my address if you are wishing to surprise me with an HGG gift. Please don't ask her for any other addresses besides mine.

**Please be aware that courtesy goes a long way so please make sure that you've spelled the member's screen name correctly and that you are not sending me lists of 50 members at a time. ***I have not saved any of the addresses from last year so you will need to send yours again this year. I am very committed to responding to you in a timely manner so if you don't hear back from me or see your name on the address list within a day or two, then please assume I did not receive your note and PM again. I will notify the thread if I am to be away from the computer for more than two days.

****VERY important: I take my responsibility seriously and will not give out addresses for reasons other than HGG giving, nor will I give out addresses after Dec. 31. All addresses are deleted from my computer after the first of the year and I start fresh the following year. DO NOT ask me to send you the entire database of addresses.

I've had a great time the last few years fulfilling and receiving wishes. If you're interested in participating, all you have to do is post a list of gifts you'd like to receive. You can choose books, or world peace, hand-crafted items or new cars- anything you want or need. YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANYTHING AT ALL, but this is a generous community. Someone might have the very thing. I really would like to stress the importance of saying "thank you". I will start up a "thank you" thread as well and that is a great place to post a note to the sender letting them know that you received and appreciate your gift. A PM to the person would be a second step to take that I'm sure all "gifters" would really appreciate. Please don't feel that it is impolite to ask if someone has received your gift, but keep in mind things that can slow down the mail such as mailing internationally and busy holiday mailing seasons.

Anyone who wishes to translate this for others, please do. All are welcome to join.

Have fun and Happy (early) Holidays!!!

ADDRESSES RECEIVED: Aberpeter, abi-gibby, alerion, alexiapapa, alkaline-kiwi, ametisti, amynita, apoloniaX, ask-ask, ayesharaees, bamaforever, book-a-neer, bookfrogster, brookler, Chania, Charlieshack, colombina, dotdot, dove-i-libri, ellastix, elstaplador, etherea, feistypom2love, genielady, ghir, hagathorn, heartthumper, herbertloopy, herchelle, HI77, iluvtoread2, izzy5000, jpix, kate3005, kihaan, Kimmi, klaradyn, lamilla, lauraloo29, lightlybenthalo, linguistkris, littlewhitebird, mdm139, millycat, moonblue, mysscyn, nataliec7, nmugirl, oedde, pinkoeria, pippis, prachitulshan, princessrainbow, queenfrog, raluk68, rockdg9, rodespringbal, romy86, rubyladybug, rubyrebel, sarahmangan, saskiasosmile, Southernfryed, Sunshinedreem, Thalasse, thegoaliegirl, tomato68, toothfairy25, veer23, whiteraven, yaroujidai
Profile Image
If you'd like to surprise me, Southernfryed has sweetly offered to give out my address. Please don't ask her for any others besides mine. :)

Anything from my Etsy favorites (link in profile)
I love penpalling and would love some stationery/letter writing paper/envelopes/postage stamps
"Hidden Mother" photos
Anything PINK, Victorian, or cottage themed
Stationery & pretty papers for writing and crafting--especially Kawaii or LISA FRANK!!
Fiction set in the South (USA)
Christian Fiction
Colored Sharpies
Anything Jane Austen or Bronte
Anything handmade…I really treasure other peoples’ creativity!
Trinkets for crafting: pieces of jewelry, buttons, ribbon, found items
Stickers
Return address labels (please use Mrs. Sarah Coller)
Travel memoirs (like the ones by Susan Allen Toth, England especially---check to see I've not read them already)
Used postage stamps for collecting/trading (doubles are fine!)
New US postage stamps for use
Doilies, ladies handkerchiefs, vintage linens (stains or minor tears, holes are fine!)
Wishlist books
Book-releasing supplies
Anything vintage, antique
Wings!
Chocolate! (No fruit added, please)
I LOVE Lindt WHITE chocolate truffles
I LOVE Nutella!
a quilt
Where’s George dollars
surprises are great, too!

Things I collect:
stamps; postcards; buttons; sea glass; old canning jars; old books; miniature salt & pepper shakers; Limoges pottery; old photos; toile; tea-related items; French-themed items; birds; doilies; handmade potholders, especially the doll dress design; Blue Ridge pieces in "Pinkie" design, glass bottle stoppers, strawberries, kitchen kitsch; Johnson Brothers pottery in the following designs: Strawberry Fields, The Friendly Village, Harvest Time, English Castles
Profile Image
mmm will search for ... :-) I'm going to surprise as many people as I possible can... let's start today :-)

My wishes:
Stationary kits
Bookcrossing supplies (homemade or bought, and Dutch supplies are welcome too :-) )
I'm a huge fan of Banksy, Andy Warhol,...
Wishlist books
Homemade stickers or bought stickers
Something for my son (born on 23 may 2014)
Dogbiscuits or treats/toys for my dogs
a handwritten letter to tell me a bit about you
tea ;) I love twinings fruit tea but can't buy some of them here in Belgium
earrings or accesoires
make-up
cakebakingmaterials like cupcake baking cups or icing kits
chocolate
donations to BC
Profile Image
With her permission, I've agreed to be the contact person for anyone wishing to send her a little surprise.
Profile Image
Thank you! That is very thoughtful!
Profile Image
I will try to send as many gifts as my pocket allows me to.... and here's my list:

wishlist books or reccomended by you
stamps
postcards
bc supplies
handmade jewellery and accesories in general
sweets (no caramel or raisings)
themed tin boxes
bookmarks
tote bags
and of course surprises
Profile Image
Wish list books
anything with David Bowie
cat stuff dog treats
postcards
Used giftcards
adopt a pet from the shelter and tell me about it
Candy
something purple
bookcrossing labels
xmas cards
anything with my name on it "Devon"-so hard to find
crystal necklaces
cute cat things
address labels
DR WHO items
a flashdrive
Profile Image
Wings
BC supplies (homemade work just fine)
Address labels (homemade work just fine)
Blank/unused postcards, greeting cards or notecards
mycokereward points (US)
Wheresgeorge dollar$
World Peace

Surprise me!
Profile Image
notebooks
butterflies
fancy pens
poetry, very partial to haiku
wishlist books
Winnie the Pooh
the ocean and rain
Bookcrossing labels or stickers
I do not drink tea or coffee. :)
Profile Image
-wishlist books
-cross stitch kits
-stationery
-Paris themed items
-chocolate (milk or white, no nut, fruit or mint please)
-anything shabby chic
-handmade items
-any kind of games i.e. board games, card games etc.
-a carriesbookclub.com box or subscription
-any surprises will also be gratefully received

-write a letter or send a gift to a sick child through PostPals - (http://www.postpals.co.uk/)
-donate to SOS Children's Villages (or even better, sponsor a child, if you can)
(Please let me know if you do either of these)
Profile Image
wish list books
bc supplies, especially labels (I'm completely out)
wings
candles from bookscentscandles.com, especial outlander themed candles
anything sunflower
gift cards to Target, Barnes and Noble, or restaurants
new USA postage stamps
scarves for all seasons
cozy/fuzzy socks
metal cookie cutters
a copy of your favorite book and a letter explaining why you love it

For my boys:
picture books
chapter books for kids age 6-8
anything transformers
Lego - Duplo or sets for age 6 and up, random bricks work too
Kre-o transformers sets
Profile Image

MyssCyn. USA

Fine or ultra fine point
A postal scale
Wings ~ mine are almost gone
Chocolate
Pretty rocks for my grandson
Pierced earrings for my granddaughter
Raspberry hot chocolate packets
Weird or "different" pasta
Tiny bottle of good olive oil
Coffee Time Syrup from New England
Coffee related items
A Christmas ornament
MyCoke Points sent to southernfryed

Sign your donor card
Give to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation. http://www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org.
There is no cure and no treatment that works yet.
Pay It Forward when you can! Buy that morning drink for the person behind you.

"Pick Your Person" Daily. Be kind to them in some way. Think about what you can do to help at least one person per day. You can be anonymous but tell me about it.

Profile Image
Please remember to put your BC name and mention bookcrossing on anything you send, so I know where it comes from.

- Bookcrossing release supplies (home made or from the supply store; custom made labels would be great, too; stickers, release bags, etc.; German and English together or multi-language would be especially cool)
- BC wings
- any other Bookcrossing themed items :)
- a book from my wishlist
- a book in German that you think I might enjoy
- an audio book on CD

- fair trade chocolate (I usually like milk chocolate, plain or filled, the best; but I eat dark and white, too)
- a postcard calendar or postcard book
- a Christmas card (postcard or notecard), religious welcome

- special edition Moleskine (such as The Little Prince or Lego or Mickey Mouse)
- yarn for crocheting (worsted weight or other. Organic cotton would be super cool. Even send some string, twine, or rope I could crochet with and I’ll find a project for it)
- German children’s book (maybe one page text for every one page picture; stories that are short) for a boy who especially likes animals from the zoo, planes, vikings, pirates etc. (I can give you an address in Germany for this or you can send to my US address)
- adhesive for scrapbooking (photo-safe double sided tape, scrapbooking tape, glue dots, those little photo squares that are sticky on both sides, glue stick that’s archival etc.)
- inchies with a letter on them
- a book themed postcard from you (maybe with a recommendation?)
- a lefthanded item

- Help out a local public school with books or school supplies (often there are students who can’t even afford the basics and the school library may be underfunded, too) and tell me about it
- Give free books by clicking here daily http://www.theliteracysite.com/
- give to your favorite good cause and tell me about it
Profile Image
HERES MY WISHLIST

NO BOOKS AT THE MOMENT PLEASE
~Book crossing labels/release bags/ post it notes/ bookmarks/ wings
~ Chocolate from your home country (either milk caramel or white) please no dark or with nuts
~Christmas decorations
~Letter writing equipment
~A journal
~A pen pal
~Candy/ sweets you may think I might like
~tea bags any kind apart from green tea
Profile Image
I love this idea and I have not participated before. So I´m thrilled.

Here are my wishes:
books from my wishlist
BC-labels in German and English
CD: Chakren-Meditation; von Stefanie Menzel
CD: Celtic Woman
CD: Reinhard Mey - Mairegen
CD: Reinhard Mey - Dann mach´s gut
Kalender 2015: Tiere des Waldes

I will try to fulfill as many wishes as I can.
Profile Image
I'm from Belarus, note that most parcels going my way require CN22 for customs =)

Here are some items that will totally cheer me up:
* anything connected with Doctor Who is much appreciated - I'm a whovian *
* I'd love to have a wall calendar with nice picture for each month - could be foto or painting *
*FDC, special cancellation, maxicard (written in envelope), commemorative modern stamps - I'm a postcrosser a have a small collection already*
*bag or T-shirt with the print (could be related or unrelated to Doctor Who), size M or L*
*books recommendations! my tbr is high, but there is still a lot of place to fill! I would especially enjoy non-fiction that helped you somehow in the past - a story that gave you hope or direction, a person who was your model for some time*
* I started collecting flexible keychans with flags of different countries.*
* Blank postcard book from your place would be a nice present, too - I especially like artwork by local artist and illustrators.*
*a chatty letter from you with stories happened to you or your dreams and plans - I'd love to read anything you want to share with me. It would be a pleasure if you could teach me something you know how to do well*
*travel guide to your city or region*
*language course for your native language (advanced if it's English, intermediate if it's Italian, French or German)*

I like black flavoured and herbal tea, teabags are fine, too. Chocolate with mint filling is my favourite. I also enjoy stationary, bookmarks and other things for penpalling.
to be continued!
Profile Image
Oh wheee!! HGG is back!!! Thank you elizardbreath, I've been looking forward to this so much. :)

My wishes haven't changed much since last year.

I'd love some:
♥ seeds to plant on my balcony
♥ herbal or black tea, especially "spicy" flavours
♥ woolly socks (European 40, American men's 7/women's 8; second-hand are fine)
♥ your favourite spices for cooking or baking, and maybe your favourite recipe to go with them
♥ liqorice (black/salty/salmiak, not sweet/red)
♥ flavoured coffee
♥ very dark chocolate
♥ BC labels or stickers designed by yourself
♥ hair clips and elastics (Goody brand "ponytailers" or any others)
♥ iron-on / sew-on patches
♥ ghost stories (maybe from your part of the world or even one you've experienced?)
♥ anything cryptozoology -- be it a Yeti toy, Nessie t-shirt, a book on Ropen, or a story about the thing you saw in the woods one time that might or might not have been a bigfoot ;)
♥ anything from my long wishlist ;)

Other things I adore:
☺ polar bears, moose, bats, owls, nightjars, wombats, platypuses, maned wolves (and cryptids, of course!)
☺ trees, leaves, vines; moons & stars; "psychedelic" patterns
☺ red, maroon, orange, purple, olive/dark green
☺ geeky/nerdy things, rpgs, dice, (B) movie monsters, tentacles
☺silent movies (mostly German/expressionist, but Buster Keaton also rocks -- everything, really.)
☺art deco/noveau patterns
Profile Image
I'm so excited HGG is back, it's my favorite thing to participate in every year!

- ghost story books from your local city, state, country. I collect these and love getting new ones from different locations
- pretty pens for work
- jewelry, anything you have but don't wear anymore works for me. No earrings, but anything else is fine
- anything zebra print or related to zebras
- scented candles
- wishlist books
- bookcrossing labels or supplies
- healthy recipes that are quick and easy to make
- anything related to the Detroit Red Wings NHL team or New England Patriots NFL team
- magnets or small decorations for my work cubicle
- donate or volunteer at your local animal shelter
- cross stitch supplies
- scarves
- warm, fuzzy socks
- Nylabones or kong toys for my dog, he's 50lbs and a very strong chewer so nothing small please.

Profile Image
✿ wishlist books
✿ black or green tea (organic and/or fair trade would be nice; tea bags or loose; English breakfast, Assam, Darjeeling, Earl Grey, whatever...)
✿ chocolate (organic and/or fair trade would be nice) any kind (except Nestlé please), milk, white, dark, with chili or lemon or Marmite or cherries or pineapple or whatever, I like to try out new, crazy sorts, but no bacon chocolate - I'm vegetarian. ...and chocolate from elsewhere is always more than welcome... (plain chocolate is fine too)
✿ one-cup-satchets of hot chocolate
✿ salty liquorice / salmiakki (not the sweet kind!) (without gelatine)
✿ woollen socks in bright or dark colours (European size 37; UK 4; US 6.5)
✿ audiobooks (no chicklit or romance or horror or self-help or religious, anything else; CDs)
✿ post-it notes
✿ hand cream, face mask (samples are fine)
✿ Marmite crisps, Marmite cashews, Marmite chocolate, Marmite fudge
✿ Vegemite
✿ Marmite
(nothing religious please)
Profile Image
Thanks for organising elizardbreath!

My wish list is something like this:

-bookcrossing stickers or labels
-wishlist book
-card written by you, or letter
-surprise book (no horror, chicklit)
-post-it notes
-card with picture of a waterfall
-ballpoint pen or pencil or sharpies
-cotton or woolle socks (size 5 UK, size 38 Europe)
-your old candle wax, bits, drippings, stumps etc, so I can make new candles of it)
-something handmade
-chocolate, or licorice
- a quotation or poem that has been/ is meaningful or inspiring for you.
- a surprise... My favourite colours: purple, blue green, red, white or 'natural' colours
Profile Image
Hello,bookcrossers of world!I am japanese bookcrosser.
Thanks for organising elizardbreath!Please add me!

my wishlist
●postcards
I add on Postcrossing.com

●bookmark
●bc supplies
●wings
●book release label
Profile Image
Wow! This sounds amazing - I'm a first time participant, and quite excited by the idea.

First, Australia has very strict customs laws, so please DO NOT send anything made of wood, animal products, containing nuts, seeds, grass or any other plant materials. Food can also be a bit difficult - no nuts, fruit, tea, or anything with high amounts of eggs or dairy.

Now, to my list!

- wishlist (or any other) book - genres and authors I like are on my profile
- any bookcrossing supplies, home made or from the store
- a letter or story about or by yourself
- "how to ..." craft book - I'm keen to learn to crochet, for example, but any interesting craft would be great
- something arty or crafty that you have made
- pretty fabric with an interesting pattern for sewing projects
- baby board book
- children's picture book
- book about art or artist or architecture
- postcards from your area
- jewellery - I love to wear necklaces, rings (with big ornaments) and brooches/ badges
Profile Image
I am so happy this is back, I missed the Summer Gift Giving.

My wish list is:

* pens
* chatty letters
* BookCrossing supplies, especially release bags
* notebooks
* wishlist books
* postcards for my two boys David (8) and Jethro (5)
* tea (my preference is for herbal tea)
* amigurumi crochet patterns
* desktop calendar
* anything relating to guinea pigs
* anything relating to koalas
* Where's Wally postcards
* vegetarian recipes

Profile Image
It's been quite a while since I last took part in HGG, but since I can already spot some wishes I can fulfill, I can't hold back any more!

- nail polish (no reds please, I reserve that colour for hair)
- any movie/tv series on DVD (region 2) you're not watching anymore
- anything typical to your hometown/region
- coffee! or coffee related things
- BC supplies
- a tea towel
- wheat-free treats or wheat-free recipes
- wheat-free couscous (not available here)
- geeky/nerdy things
- very fine, black ball point or gel pens
- anything British
- a book written by an author from your country or a recommendation to a book from your country
- hot chocolate (sachets) - after all winter is coming!
- if it's black or black&white, I'll love it! any floral things are wasted on me...
- a tote with short handles (I'm short! don't want to drag my groceries on the street)
- surprise!
Profile Image
I've already had to turn down address requests because members are not sending their addresses to me. This is very important because there is no more rabck.com to get addresses from. If you don't send your address, then putting up a wishlist here is rather pointless...no one will be able to send anything to you! :) Just a friendly reminder.... :)
Profile Image
It's been many years since I've participated in the HGG and I'm looking forward to finally participating again.

*wishlist books
*sticky notes (Post-Its)
*pens
*teas
*postcards from where you live
*Seattle Seahawks paraphernalia
*bookcrossing items (bookplates, stickers, labels etc)
*recipes
*surprises
Profile Image
I've not participated in HGG before and am excited about it!!

Here's my wishlist as follows:

* Postcards (I've been collecting postcards for 30+ years) I like postcards that feature pictures of your city/country with significant landmarks or points of interests on them.
* Pack of blank note cards or stationary for letter writing.
* A handwritten letter from YOU! Tell me about yourself.
* Bookcrossing Labels/Supplies in English
* Bookcrossing Wings
* A book from my Bookcrossing wishlist
* Audiobooks on CD. Surprise me with a wishlist read on CD or any other book on CD as I am pretty open to most genres except for westerns, sci-fi, chick-lit, Danielle Steel or anything too gory from the horror genre.
* Lion Brand Yarn Balls of Yarn. I prefer balls of Lion Brand's Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® or Lion Brand's Kitchen Cotton balls of Yarn in any color for a few knitting projects I'm working on.
* Kitchen hand towels in solid colors in either coral, peach, terracotta, light blue, aqua blue or teal preferably.
* Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Recipes
* Women's socks with a fun design on them!
* Almost anything Pomeranian related!!
* Almost forgot Iowa Hawkeye t-shirt for woman in size small. :-)
Profile Image
- Holiday Cards from you for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Pretty stationary, note cards, post cards, pens, or pencils
- Bookmarks
- Wishlist books
- Bookcrossing supplies
- Christmas ornaments ( Disney, Star Wars, Scooby Doo, or any that are cute, unique, or pretty)
- Tote bag for books
- Hair accessories
- Letter opener
- Birthday cards sent to my son Lucas for his 8th birthday November 28th
- Legos or Star Wars toys for my son
- Dog toy for my Pug
- Notebooks ( big or small)
Profile Image

veer23

It's the first time ever I'll participate, so if I do something wrong, just shout!

My wishlist:

BC-related items (from the store or homemade)
wings
postcards of UNESCO (if possible not in an envellope)
books (in Dutch, English or French - even Arabic for my husband)
cross stitch kits
surprises (bought - secondhand or homemade - I love them all)!

Thank you all for participating!
Profile Image
Doesn't anybody collect elongated/squashed coins anymore? Just wondering. If you do, please let us know! :D
Profile Image
I am trying to think of the who the BCer who does collect flattened coins. There is one in Michigan. uhmmm will have to root around and look in my e-mails. She may not have posted to HGG yet as I haven't been as active in BC of late due to some computer problems which are now resolved. You could try a search as I know for sure she posted in the last HGG.

Update: numugirl does. :) She posted later on.
Profile Image
Hello all! I thought I'd like to participate again after a break, as I already have something to send to other Bookcrossers. :-)

* little Ballycumber stickers
* wings
* used stamps for my collection
* stationery (no pink/Disney please)
* cat postcards for my collection (photo or art, used are ok)
* horse postcards for a friend (unwritten, please)
* wishlist book
* any science fiction book you think I would like (English or Finnish)
* Doctor Who related sfuff
* Star Trek related stuff
* green tea (flavored or plain)
* chocolate (no peanuts or wheat please)

It would be great if you put real stamps on your envelope! :-)
Profile Image
Thanks for organizing HGG again, elizardbreath! I skipped a few years but decided to join again. My wishes are:

¤ books from my Wishlist (obviously)
¤ BC supplies, especially bookplates and stickers
¤ audiobooks on CD, Finnish or English

¤ flavored teas
¤ chocolate (the darker, the better)

¤ silver jewellery (earrings, bracelets)
¤ a trip to New Zealand and/or Australia ;)
¤ surprises!
Profile Image
Hurray, I've already spotted some wishes I can grant! Thanks for organising this elizardbreath. PMing you with my address.
My wishes are
* wishlist books
* BC labels and BC stickers (happy whether these are from the BC shop or are home-made)
* Chocolate (any except Nestle or containing walnuts. All other nuts are fine)
* Count Chocula cereal (the food of champions)
* Used stamps which I collect for the charity Love Quilts UK. If you are sending me stamps, please leave approx 1cm of paper around when you cut them from the envelope.
* Marvel or DC Comic book superhero cross stitch patterns (I can use these to stitch for Love Quilts UK)
* 4ply sock yarn in bright colours
* Double knitting yarn. I use this to knit scarves for the Mission to Seafarers so it does not need to be a complete ball or skein as I can knit stripes, but it does need to be machine washable
* Tea (I prefer black tea such as breakfast tea, Assam, etc)
* Book recommendations (not horror or romance)
* Lemon or honey soap from Lush
* Support a charity or good cause and tell me about it
* Read a book (registered by another bookcrosser) that has been on your TBR pile for more than a year, then set it travelling and tell me about it
* Postcards of art
Profile Image
Thank you Elizardbreath for organising this! I've already seen some wishes to grant. :)

My wishes are:
- Wishlist books
- BC stickers / labels / supplies
- Send me a postcard
- I'm due to have a son on 16th November and I plan to start reading to him asap (even if he doesn't understand it I will love it!) so I'd love some baby books if anyone has any spare.

Happy holidays everyone! :)
Profile Image
Hello everyone! I'm thrilled to be joining holiday Gift Giving this year, and hope to send out as many surprises as I can, I'm planning a few already! I'm every excited about this, I'm in the holiday spirit now :)

If anyone would like to send me something, I would love

-A book for my little girl (born 14/02/14)
-Anything to do with The Little Prince, The Velveteen Rabbit or Harry Potter
-Some vintage fabric
-'Viewmaster' slides
-Old skeleton keys or something with a picture of them
-Dog treats (erm, for my 3 dogs, not for me!) or a recipe for some
-A letter telling me about something you love, or about some random acts of kindness you've carried out, something funny (or embarrassing!) that you've done
-A donation to an animal welfare charity or an infertility charity
-BC labels, wings, address labels
-Little guest soaps for my guest bedroom (not tested on animals please)
-Bits of driftwood (any size or shape!)
-A bit of dollhouse furniture etc which I can use to make a 'fairy garden'
-A mermaid hook for my bathroom in a 'neon' colour, I spotted some on Etsy and the ones in the UK are dull colours - booo
-A 'cute' Halloween decoration, not too gory or scary please :)
-A surprise!

Thanks for reading, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

XXX
Profile Image
Fun,Fun Fun !!!

My wishlist is

children books for my Little Free Library (these types of books are a hot thing at my library)
postcards ( written by you and or blank too)
pencils
elongated (smashed,flattened,pressed) pennies
pens
stickers
seeds
book labels
fridge magnets (my cat Simon loves to knock these off the refrigerator)
bookmarks
Christmas cards from you

Now shopping is in my near future and creating little surprises will be done by me.
Profile Image
Yippee is right!! Once again thank you so much elizardbreath for hosting the HGG and taking on the challenge of this without RABCK.com. Your are so wonderful!!

-LOVE and a GREAT partner for my 29 year old gay daughter, A terrific well paying job would be great as well! (i put this first on my list because i would be so very happy to see her having a better life!!!)
-postcards, handwritten letters. Thanks to Bookcrossers and Postcrossing for bringing back snailmail to my mailbox. I love seeing the different stamps!! I am also on Postcrossing.com as herchelle
-cloth travel patches to sew on my Bookcrossing bag
-YORKSHIRE TEA I am so hooked on it now, thanks to a lovely bookcrosser friend. I love trying different types of teas.
-peppermints
-Bookcrossing supplies are always welcome!
-love STATIONARY, even a few sheets, just enough for a letter or two
-WORLD PEACE
-surprises for my daughters 14 and 12 (herchellettes)
-seeds for my garden (zone 3, but i am game to try anything)
-Sea Glass
-SOCKS! Ladies 9-11
-surprises !!!!
-I just love things made by you, personal touches are lovely, i am just learning to paint with watercolours, amazing experience, one that I have put off for too long in my life!
-I love Random Acts of Kindness. My favourites? Go through the drive-through at Tim Horton"s and pay for the person behind you or give that stressed out server an extra large tip. Just make someone's day special.

Won't you please give a listen online at this radio station. http://www.ckua.com
They are listener supported so there are few commercials and so much great music! (it is very rare that you hear the same song twice in a week!) I can listen when I am on my IPhone or on the computer. Please let me know what you think or better yet donate to their fundraiser. My favorite time to listen is Mon.-Thurs 9:00-10 PM (MST) "The Road Home"... A great mix of soothing music mixed with poetry.

I have seen some wishes that i can fulfill, just waiting for the paycheques from my new job to come rollin' in! Thanks again, dear elizardbreath... Looking for a pink envelope for you.
Profile Image
So sweet, Herchelle! :) I love my pink!
Profile Image
Since I am sending through the whole Birthday group list, I decided that I won't participate this ... but I can't resist - there are some people here who don't belong to Birthday group, so I just have to join! :)

Well, my wishes are:
* wishlist books! (my number one wish!)
* something with wasabi - like nuts or almonds
* CHOCOLATE , especially Cadbury,Hersheys, or some local companies. Not "multinationals" like Nestle, I can get them here. I love unusual taste and chocolates with filling rather than plain, something like chocolate with pineapple or Irish cream truffle!
* Jelly Babies!!
* I love the combination of sweet and savory, like chocolate covered prezels or something like that.
* I also love to try new food, cookies, drinks etc. (cocoa, tea)
* Nice good pens, decorative tapes etc are always nice surprise
* hand-creams, body butters and such, the small sample packets are just fine.
* woollen or cotton socks, size 40 / 6 uk/8,5 us
* We have the Nescafe Dolce Gusto - coffee machine, so if you have extra coffee , tea, cocoa capsules for it (for ex. type you didn't like after all), I'd be happy to try!
* Cookbooks, or food /eating related books, like memoirs ..
* Unusual Christmas ornaments, like retro, geeky ..
* my daughter (17, nickname Noppa) is a big fan of many things, so if you want to make her happy with item related to ... The Muppet Show, Doctor Who, Marvel characters, number 42, House M.D. , Adventure Times, Kingdom Hearts and other geeky stuff... I'd be very pleased. It can be second-handed as well, and anything goes. Her t-shirt size is XL, and if that's nice and clean, second-hand is very welcome!
Profile Image
Queenfrog hopping back in. Health has been keeping me down a lot lately but still reading.
I have one very important reuqest for HGG and it is for my oldest son and his wife. They have been trying for 7 years to have a baby. They day before my birthday they called and said I was going to be a nanny again, next day ultrasound said she lost the baby. 2 weeks later she had to have another ultrasound and guess what; she is now 8 weeks pregnant and they heard the heartbeat so it is for sure. I would love to be able to shower the parents to be and this little miracle with small gifts from around the world. My mailing address has never changed since joining this site but if you need it, just message me.

My mom will be spending the winter months with me, taking her away from her family for Christmas. Would love to see some fun small gifts under the tree for her and some cards. (PM me for her name and it can be sent to my address)

For myself I would enjoy 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles (or bigger), plastic canvas circles and if anyone can find any, camoflage yarn soft enough to use for a baby blanket lol and always looking for special Christmas Tree ornaments, either handmade or something that symbolizes where you live for me bookcrossing friends tree. Christmas cards are always welcome

Happyy Gift Giving everyone.
Profile Image
My wishes:
-I just love Canada and everything realated with it
-tea, espacially funny ones like chocolate-cranberry, ...
-wishlist or other books in German, French or English
-everything green. I just love this colour, so be creative
-bookcrossing supplies. homemade or bought
-your favourite book
-anything from TimHortons. I totally love it but it hasen't come to Switzerland yet :(
-sweets
-bookmarkes
-I collect sand from different parts of the world
-Olaf from Frozen
-funny or colourful socks.( Women size 40)
-everyting related to climbing or the double bass. I know this is difficult ; )
-surprises : )

And I already found some funny things to post to other people. This is going to be fun
Profile Image
I may come back and add to this as I think of things, but here's a start...

beads
recipe or recommendation for your favourite 'virgin cocktail' or other non-alcoholic drink
a Youtube link to your favourite song
wings
wings for somebody else
cherry-flavoured or -scented things
unusual flavours of tea
bath products (for reference, I can't go into Lush because the smell gives me a headache, but I like the products well enough when they're in my bath!)
earrings (I have pierced ears)

Happy Gift Giving, everyone!
Profile Image
So thanks for organising this! I have thought long and hard and have a list of things that I would appreciate if anyone were to send something to me...

They are:
- Bookcrossing supplies (any)
- any wishlist book or book you love and want to share
- wings
- hair accessories, large as I have dreadlocks!
- silk or silky pillowcase
- a pen pal
- letter about you, your religion, culture or anything you would like to share
- travel books (to influence my next trip!)
- writing stationary
- unusual pens
-slippers or flip flops (UK 8 or 9)
- hand cream
-lip balm
- a copy of your favourite CD
- Christmas card
- Anything with 'I like big books and I cannot lie' on it ( I wear size S or M)
- Anything nurse related
- fundraise, volunteer or donate to your local childrens hospice and tell me about it
- A SURPRISE!
- Funky mens socks, size 8 UK

I don't mind second hand items.
Profile Image
Thanks elizardbreath for organizing!
Here are my wishes:

* Donate to your favorite charity or help someone in need (tell me about your favorite charity if you'd like.)
* I'd love anything with an African Grey Parrot picture or design on it
* Alien Bookreader bookplate
* Eye Spy! or any of the other Featured Member Bookplates or one you designed
* Star Cookie Cutter - I lost mine!
* Any 3M Command products (even a leftover strip)
* Coke points
* Reusable Vinyl Drink Labels or Drink Markers
* A few silver plated jewelry lobster (or any) type clasps (I need them to fix a few broken necklaces/bracelets, but most places sell them as 50 or 100 count - way too many for me.)
* Happy Saint Nicholas Day card(s) (We used to celebrate St. Nicholas Day when we were kids, but not so much anymore - I am trying to bring it back with the younger generation)
* Bird window alert decals (to keep outside birds from flying into the window)
* Gardening Gloves
* Any tea towel, dish towel, dish cloth, hand towel, etc. (any design - does not have to be Christmas/Holiday)
* Scarf (fashion kind, not winter woolly type)
* Ribbon (can be leftovers)
* Sea Glass
* Wrapsack
* Anything Elsa from Frozen for my niece who LOVES Elsa or anything Hello Kitty for her sister :)

I tried to pick little or light things to mail - but I'd love any surprises. Secondhand is fine.
Thanks for reading my list. I am looking forward to fulfilling some wishes! Happy Holidays!
Profile Image

Bump
Profile Image
Here's my wish list (almost the same every year):

* Donation to your favorite charity. Donate and then send me a postcard to tell to which charity you donated.
* Voluntary work for the homeless or elderly or for the protection of animals or something like that. Volunteer, then send me a postcard and tell me what you did and what was it like.

* London guidebooks, old or new, used or unused, themed or not
* Books or museum guidebooks about history of London
* Pride and Prejudice (1940) DVD Directed by Robert Z. Leonard, Writing credits Jane Austen, Aldous Huxley
*Postcards (used or new) for my collection ( http://www.flickr.com/---/liisan_postikortit/ ), themes listed here :
- archives (especially buildings)
- cemeteries and funerals
- graves and crypts
- Jane Austen
- castles and manor houses
- museums (not art museums)
- archaeology
- royal family of Sweden
- touristic postcards from London and Berlin
- my favorites are postcards showing a city view with a Christmas tree (some examples here http://www.flickr.com/---/72157623343768702/ )

For my husband bookcrosser Halvast (He's the one who takes the trouble to mail all packages I send.):
* Postcards with different cat breeds, British Shorthairs are his favorites. To be honest, any cat card makes him happy:) He loves big cats. lynx, owls and otters, too. And giant pandas:)

If you decide to send me something, please write "HGG2014" on your card or envelope.
Profile Image
Sorry bumping again
Profile Image
Thanks elizerdbreath for hosting this again! It's so fun!

Christmas/Holiday Cards (write me a note and tell me a little about yourself)
Tea, any flavor, bags or loose
Hot Chocolate, any flavor
Thimbles
Wool yarn, leftovers are fine
tea towels
Christmas tree ornaments
Bookcrossing supplies, homemade are great
And of course, books!

Surprises are wonderful!

Thanks! Hope everyone has as much fun with this as I do!
Profile Image

Big Bump

Profile Image
I've really been looking forward to this again! I already see a couple of wishes I can fulfill. :)

Here are my wishes:

- stickers for my kids (son 3 years old, daughter 1 year)

- a guitar shaped keyring (RECEIVED!)

- a retro video game themed keyring for my husband if you have one lying around (for example Super Mario)

- pieces of tricot cloth for making beanies (hats) for myself, my husband and my children. Single colour: black, dark blue, purple, orange, dark green, yellow (my son's favourite colour), pink... or with figures / pattern (cars, flowers, maybe retro?...)

- tricot beanies for me, my husband or my children (My son is 3 and daughter 1 years old) Single colour or with figures /pattern. Me&I is nice, but any brand or something you've made is wonderful! :) You see, we seem to have a shortage of beanies! :) Secondhand is fine!

- your favourite vegetarian recipe (PM or snail mail!)

- write me a letter (or PM!) and tell me about yourself, your favourite books, films etc. I'd also love to hear about different cultures and countries, perhaps your own or somewhere special you've visited...

- Christmas cards /season's greetings from you (PM, postcard or letter)

- chocolate!!

- Do something nice to another human being: help a stranger with their shopping bags, call your lonely old aunt, donate money to your favourite charity... PM me about it.

- Christmas decorations / ornaments

Happy hoidays!! :)

If you decide to send me something, please include your BC name so I know who it's from. Unfortunately in the past I have not always been able to thank everyone, since I didn't know who the gift was from.
Profile Image
Thanks elizardbreath for organising the HGG again, especially with the extra work involved this year. I can see lots of wishes I can fulfill already :)
Here is my list, which is very similar to last year:

- Wishlist books
- Bookcrossing release supplies (store or homemade)
- Soap
- Books in Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic for my lifetime challenge (preferably small/medium sized for cheaper posting!)
- Help with my lifetime challenge to send a book to every nation in the world. I'm looking for contact details of people I can send books to who are in places not completed in this list (including the ones marked as still 'running') http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5825540. There is also a list of remaining countries below. Anyone you think would be willing to write a journal entry when the book arrives would be great. Only 99 left to go :)

Afghanistan, Albania, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahrain, Benin, Bermuda, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Cook Islands, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Gabon, The Gambia, Guam, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iraq, Isle of Man, Jan Mayen, Kiribati, Korea (North), Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Macau, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Martinique, Mauritania, Mayotte, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Timor Leste (East Timor), Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vatican City, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Zimbabwe

Thanks and Happy Holidays everyone!
Profile Image
Oh it is HGG season again! Thank you for organizing this event again! My wishlist is here:

- organic or handmade soap from a local shop near you
- Le Chat soap bar
- Savon de Marseille/Marseille soap bar (extra pur)
- wool socks (women EU 39, UK 6, US 8,5) made of bright colors
- Yogi Tea (any flavor, but Classic or Women's are my favorites)
- tea lights (colored are great, please not scented)
- matches (preferably the longer ones than the basic sticks but all welcome really!)
- anything from Burt's Bees
- Amazon gift card
- Kindle Paperwhite
- BC wings
- help me manifest a great buyer for our current home so that we can soon move into our new dream home <3

And now I must check all the wishes to see what I can send out this year :)

Have a great autumn everyone!
Profile Image
BUMP
Profile Image
Thank you to everyone who sent me something while I was in Uganda. I felt loved!

Here is my wishlist for 2014:

1. Donations to our charity or sponsorship of one of our Mama Nguvu candidates - check out http://www.iseesolutions.org . Even just spreading the word is awesome!

2. Old, but still functioning iPhones, as long as they are unlocked. These are the ones that we would send to be "recycled" when we upgrade. The Ugandans give them a second life and cherish them. My iPhone 3 was cuddled as it was adopted from me this past summer!

3. Old film cameras for my husband's collection. Any age, any model.

4. 6" square (or bigger) scraps of cotton fabric for my scrappy quilted lions (edited - I had originally said 4" and those are still fine but my lions are big and my 4" squares are getting lost in the patchwork)

5. wool felt for needle felted projects (not pressed) - can be raw straight from the sheep (or other wool bearing animal) or clean and dyed

6. vegan recipes written in Christmas cards

7. And some positive vibes that this Teachers' Strike in BC ends soon. I am tired of walking the picket line! Great exercise but it doesn't pay the bills. ;) UPDATE - SEPT 16th - the strike is over - back to work! Yahoo!

Thank you!
Profile Image
I've participated once and I am looking forward to doing so again :)

Wishlist:
anything crafty or handmade
your favourite quote handwritten or in a nice font on pretty paper so I can create a display
kitch/retro/quirky items
pretty xmas ornaments
books, from my wishlist or something you loved and want to share
your favourite children's books - I have a free books section in my classroom (we have no bookstore in my town so the range of books we can buy locally is limited to department stores!)
earrings or statement necklaces
tea related items - I collect teapots (although I only drink English Breakfast or similar - nothing flavoured)
any local food item you think I should try (but I'm allergic to walnuts, pecans and hazlenuts)
a blank notebook for my brother. I'm having trouble finding a nice male one
anything really! I love surprises :D
Profile Image

Yay!

I was griping this morning about Christmas decorations in the shops so early. But this is something I don't mind starting early. I couldn't take part last year and really missed it. I am looking forward to going through the lists and finding fun things to send out.

Now I just have to wish really hard that our post office workers stay off strike for the rest of the year (they are just back at work from the 2nd or 3rd strike this year).
Profile Image
After a year or two off this thread, my current ill-health means I need something to cheer me up, I've really missed it!.
I can already see some stuff I can mail out, here goes:
Handwritten letters, postcards or Christmas cards from anywhere in the work.
Wish list books or books that you think I'd like (historical fiction /travel /mysteries /murders / animal /craft related)
a hairpin crochet loom
interesting patterns/yarn for crochet & knitting
tatting patterns, thread, shuttles
No tea, but I love coffee.
Dark chocolate
Wings & labels
Donate to a local family or animal centre and then pm me and tell me about it.
Suggestions for places in the UK that need knitted stuff for donation
Christmas tree decorations - especially cat-proof!
Unscented natural skin products - I have palmo plantar pustulosis & psoriasis which makes it inadvisable to use scented/chemical stuff
Suggestions for a beginner banjo player (apart from rude ones about what to do with the banjo) - good video links, books, recordings
Profile Image
Gee, my list is almost exactly the same as last year. However, I have a friend with congestive heart failure living with me, so I'm going to add a couple things with him in mind. His name is Jack.
For Jack: any NO SALT treats. That's it. "Low salt" isn't usually low enough as his sodium intake is extremely limited. He also enjoys drinking tea of just about any kind.
For me:
Gel pens, especially Sakura (gelly)
Forever stamps, especially commemoratives
Glue sticks
Stamp pad ink, anything but blue or black
Clear packaging tape
Christmas cards! I recycle them later and make things with my granddaughter.
Decorative tape, washi tape
Cat toys
I like to try new soaps and hand lotions
Socks size small
Miscellaneous scrapbook decorations or stickers
used postage stamps with faces that aren't profiles for collage
Old dictionary pictures, vintage book illustrations (can be torn or otherwise damaged) or other ephemera
Old library books with pockets and cards… or just the pockets and cards, especially used up cards!
Tea, dark chocolate, any British or European treats (LOVE Lindor, Cadbury's, Green & Black etc. etc.)
Tiny cards and papers, and embellishments for making tiny collages
Little craft items I can use with my granddaughter (she's 6) or old Highlights magazines or other age-appropriate ideas for my time with her.
Any of the Bagthorpes books by Helen Cresswell
Any of The Exiles books by Hilary McKay

My address is actually on my page so I'm not going to bother listing it with elizardbreath for now.

I do enjoy this time of year and make an effort to send out good stuff in return!
Profile Image
Where did the year go? I've been lost in Stirling's and Galbadon's books.

Thank you for hosting this thread again, Elizardbreath.

My wishes:

Cadbury Roses (If they still make them)
A skein of Alpaca yarn any color at all
A meditation or relaxing CD
a wishlist book
an address book (what people used before they put everything into their phones)

A very happy holiday season to you, whichever you celebrate. Off to find some victims to mail stuff to....

Profile Image
This is such a nice idea and thanks for organising it!!! I hope I am not too late with posting my wishlist too. So here it goes:

- wishlist books
- other books (in english, greek, french, german or dutch - please no chiclit and horror)
- books recommendations (always a good opportunity to expand my wishlist)
- bc supplies (preferrably homemade but also store is ok)
- blank/unused postcard or notecards
- chocolate (preferrably milk)
- sweets (no licorice or coffee)
- tote bags
- christmas decorations
- spices (and a nice recipe to use them if possible)
- earrings
- scraps of cotton fabric from a favourite theme of yours for a bookcrossers quilt idea I have (I will sew your nickname on it and use it)
- any other surprise you would like welcome

I will check check the wishlists myself now and see how many and where I can send. It would be easier though if everybody had his country somewhere visible here already so as to help a bit with the financial calculations.
Profile Image
It is so good to be back on bookcrossing, and especially taking part in this thread.

- I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes (so can't ask for chocolate this year). Recipes or hints on diabetic / sugar free / healthy cooking would be appreciated.
- cross-stitch kits or supplies
- poetry books or magazines
- writing guides /books on writing / biographies of authors (I teach a writing class, so after reading these will be passed on to new writers)
- anything from the nanowrimo store, or nanowrimo related
- interesting notebooks or journals
- anything book / reading / writing themed
- a wall calendar
- anything related to museums, libraries, history or heritage
- I have been struggling the last two years with ill-health, depression and stress, so any surprises that might cheer me up or help me de-stress would be appreciated
- make a donation, (cash, time or anything else) to a good cause and let me know about it. Knowing so many generous people are out there in bookcrossing world is one of the best antidotes to depression or cynicism.
Profile Image
What a great idea! I have never noticed this post in previous years. I have already spotted a few people I would love to surprise!
I'm not overtly worried about getting things back, but if anyone *does* want to surprise me:

Any wishlist book
Anything to do with modern japan (not samurai stuff!).
Anything shiba inu related (I have two, love them)
Actually, anything dog related, fridge magnets, stickers etc
Chocolate, any kind, not picky
Coffee beans
Cd's - I like female singers, the more obscure the better (maybe someone from your country who is not well known overseas), 80's stuff, j or k pop
Or a mix cd of your favourite songs
Vanilla or strawberry scented things