corner corner 2014 Oppem's Birthday Group Thank you's and more!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2014 Oppem's Birthday Group Thank you's and more!

This is the place to thank the generous people that have sent you a birthday surprise.
I know that some gifts are in the mail so I decided to go ahead and start this thread now.

Remember that everyone should send Birthday good wishes to as many people as they are comfortable with (I know the list is quite long & none of us will be able to send to all, but that said - we should all send to some on the list).

Everyone should journal any kindness they receive personally(at least journal any books they receive) & also journal on this thread. That way we can all share in the fun....

Thanks to all and Happy Birthday's!

address changes noted 28/12/13
FINAL LIST OF PLAYERS:

January
15-MissMarkey(UK)
19-linguistkris(Germany)
20-sunshinedreem(USA)
20-chawoso(Germany)
27-ApoloniaX(Germany)
30-Kally93(Canada)
31-bethieb(USA)

February
2-3vie(UK)
3-OPPEM(send a random rabck to someone or wild release a book in her memory)
11-LadyIndigo(Australia)
14-dotdot(Finland)
16-Chania(Finland)
17-Nadaduu(Finland)
25-Releanna(Austria)

March
8-wheepaperclips(USA)
12-sarahmangan(UK)\
15-iwillrejoice(USA)
28-Pitak(Germany)

April
4-Anuliini1975(Finland)
5-book-a-neer(Australia)
10-lukutuoli(Finland)
19-LittleWhiteBird(USA)
20-ness08(Algeria)
21-disneyfreaksam(UK)

May
8-Lamilla(Belarus)
9-Bookworm-lady(Spain)
16-slipperbunny(Finland)
23-kirjakko(Finland)
25-Alejanda(Finland)

June
14-Boekentrol(Netherlands)
15-Stephario(USA)
25-heartthumper(USA)
30-thegoaliegirl(USA)(***Moved in April, Please pm Sandy for new address)

July
3-Abi-Gibby(UK)
5-lauraloo29(Canada)
19-MiuM(Finland)
20-HI77(USA)
26-annenz(New Zealand)
28-NowINkA(Poland)
29-Joika(Finland)

August
1-alexiapapa(Greece)
2-nmugirl(USA)
3-stinaP(Finland)
8-Bloedengel(Belgium) Update:Veerle Van der Veken(last name change)
20-yorkshire-lass(UK)
22-Delenna(Finland)
26-love2cook(USA)
27-T02S03B11D20(USA)
28-etherea(USA)

September
12-Bascula(USA)
24-bookstogive(USA)
24-Paberiliim(Finland)
27-Janeka(Portugal)
29-KiwiinEngland(New Zealand)

October
4-Hammu(Finland)
4-LovesOU(USA)
12-minesayn(USA)
15-lunatum(Finland)
23-elizardbreath(USA) ** moved pls pm bookstogive for new address **
24-tomato68(USA)
25-milethe(Norway)
25-hippolein(Finland)
26-collin26(Philippines)**sent them a message to check activity 8/23**

November
3-Plum-crazy(UK)
9-tuittupeppi(Finland)
10-cross-patch(UK)
24-whiskeyjane(USA)
25-raluk68(Romania)****MOVED as of 8/26-pm Sandy for new address***
29-tabby-cat-owner(USA)
30-hyphen8(USA)

December
7-eponine38(USA)
24-Piiku(Finland)

Complete Thread

1 2 3 4 ... 17  Next 

Profile Image
This is the place to thank the generous people that have sent you a birthday surprise.
I know that some gifts are in the mail so I decided to go ahead and start this thread now.

Remember that everyone should send Birthday good wishes to as many people as they are comfortable with (I know the list is quite long & none of us will be able to send to all, but that said - we should all send to some on the list).

Everyone should journal any kindness they receive personally(at least journal any books they receive) & also journal on this thread. That way we can all share in the fun....

Thanks to all and Happy Birthday's!

address changes noted 28/12/13
FINAL LIST OF PLAYERS:

January
15-MissMarkey(UK)
19-linguistkris(Germany)
20-sunshinedreem(USA)
20-chawoso(Germany)
27-ApoloniaX(Germany)
30-Kally93(Canada)
31-bethieb(USA)

February
2-3vie(UK)
3-OPPEM(send a random rabck to someone or wild release a book in her memory)
11-LadyIndigo(Australia)
14-dotdot(Finland)
16-Chania(Finland)
17-Nadaduu(Finland)
25-Releanna(Austria)

March
8-wheepaperclips(USA)
12-sarahmangan(UK)\
15-iwillrejoice(USA)
28-Pitak(Germany)

April
4-Anuliini1975(Finland)
5-book-a-neer(Australia)
10-lukutuoli(Finland)
19-LittleWhiteBird(USA)
20-ness08(Algeria)
21-disneyfreaksam(UK)

May
8-Lamilla(Belarus)
9-Bookworm-lady(Spain)
16-slipperbunny(Finland)
23-kirjakko(Finland)
25-Alejanda(Finland)

June
14-Boekentrol(Netherlands)
15-Stephario(USA)
25-heartthumper(USA)
30-thegoaliegirl(USA)(***Moved in April, Please pm Sandy for new address)

July
3-Abi-Gibby(UK)
5-lauraloo29(Canada)
19-MiuM(Finland)
20-HI77(USA)
26-annenz(New Zealand)
28-NowINkA(Poland)
29-Joika(Finland)

August
1-alexiapapa(Greece)
2-nmugirl(USA)
3-stinaP(Finland)
8-Bloedengel(Belgium) Update:Veerle Van der Veken(last name change)
20-yorkshire-lass(UK)
22-Delenna(Finland)
26-love2cook(USA)
27-T02S03B11D20(USA)
28-etherea(USA)

September
12-Bascula(USA)
24-bookstogive(USA)
24-Paberiliim(Finland)
27-Janeka(Portugal)
29-KiwiinEngland(New Zealand)

October
4-Hammu(Finland)
4-LovesOU(USA)
12-minesayn(USA)
15-lunatum(Finland)
23-elizardbreath(USA) ** moved pls pm bookstogive for new address **
24-tomato68(USA)
25-milethe(Norway)
25-hippolein(Finland)
26-collin26(Philippines)**sent them a message to check activity 8/23**

November
3-Plum-crazy(UK)
9-tuittupeppi(Finland)
10-cross-patch(UK)
24-whiskeyjane(USA)
25-raluk68(Romania)****MOVED as of 8/26-pm Sandy for new address***
29-tabby-cat-owner(USA)
30-hyphen8(USA)

December
7-eponine38(USA)
24-Piiku(Finland)
Profile Image
Thank you heartthumper for the really nice surprise; a birthday card already this year and BC labels, I like them :)

I thank here because I didn't attend birthday group for 2013...
Profile Image
post edited

this post contained the list of players - now bookstogive has put them in the first post, i can make this post even shorter...
happy birthday everyone - see you in your mailbox

;)
Profile Image

FYI

Just a heads up that I will be out of the country on vacation from Nov 27 thru Dec 21 and with very limited/sporadic access to the internet. I am keeping the duplicate book list and will not be able to update it while I am gone. You can continue to pm me the books you are sending and I will update the list when I return.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Profile Image
Since I finally mailed the last package for the 2013 recipients earlier today, I thought I would start on 2014 (addressing cards, etc.). For those with address changes, when will we know for sure? In other words, how soon will be know especially the ones early in the year?

I thought I should ask prior to your trip away.
Profile Image
I send a pm to linguistkris who's birthday is in Jan about their move and asked them to pm me and also to post here their moving info(timeline)
Profile Image
I send a pm to linguistkris who's birthday is in Jan about their move and asked them to pm me and also to post here their moving info(timeline)

Yeah, sorry I mentioned it. There probably was no reason to make a fuss. We've been looking for somewhere new for ages, but are so choosy nothing has quite come up yet. Even if we found the perfect place *right now* and could move right in, chances are very slim we'd be out of the old lease by January. Just ignore that I said "moving" in the list, I'll still be here for a while. :)
Profile Image
Great, thanks for the update!
Profile Image
My birthday isn't until June but there is a good chance we will move before then.
Profile Image
Thank you to bookstogive and to slipperbunny. Will keep until my birthday :)
Profile Image
Thank you for the warm wishes and the BC-labels! This was an unexpected surprise! You are sweet! :)
The message printed on the card is hilarious :D
Profile Image
Your package arrived yesterday. You're really on the ball! I will save it until my birthday in January. Promise! :-)
Profile Image
A birthday marked envelope arrived yesterday. It will be hard for me to wait until 20th of January!
Profile Image
Since you weren't on last year's list, I'll thank you here for my surprise 2013 giftie. :)

http://www.flickr.com/---/11147012805/
Profile Image
You are welcome!
Profile Image
Your envelope arrived safely. I'll try and not open it until it's time. :)
Profile Image
Your envelope arrived safely. I'll try and not open it until it's time. :)

Thanks from me too - bookstogive I think it is. Also got an envelope and try to stay away from it. The postman just rang ... I was still in my pyjamas, but I just knew it had to be something important, so ... vanity aside. He asked if a certain ApoloniaX lives here :-) as there was no "real" name on the envelope. I confessed it's me (for a moment I considered saying it's my sister who's moved in here).
Profile Image
I guess I know what's in the envelope - and I'll try hard not to open it until my birthday!
Profile Image
I have gotten a couple of messages about the list and will respond to them when I return on Dec 21st. I have very limited internet, right now I am in sunny Grenada! I don't have the master list here with me since I am using the ships computer.

See ya when I get back
Profile Image

Question

Would people mind if I sent surprise books out that may not be on your wish list as currently am in Australia ( will be back in march) and I have collected a whole bunch of books and I don't think I will be able to take the whole lol of them back home with me
Profile Image
I've put in my profile that I'd like to get only books from my wishlist. Just because my TBR-pile is so huge right now and I always read every book that I get.
Profile Image

re;Question

I'm sure people won't mind as it's the thought that counts and besides any parcel we may get is a super surprise:))
Profile Image
I'm sure people won't mind as it's the thought that counts and besides any parcel we may get is a super surprise:))

I agree with annenz, and sometimes those are the best surprises (and reads).
Profile Image
I didn't even think that I would get any presents already, I just hope you didn't mean I should open it on Dec 24th 2014 :)
Profile Image
I did open the package on my birthday, but managed to keep out from the internet whole Xmas. Thank you ApoloniaX for the wishlist book, beautiful BC labels, and the card from Bremen :)
Profile Image
Backside it tells me to wait until 20th January ;-)
Profile Image
Your envelope arrived today.A nice rose card told me: "Do not open Until 20th of January."
So I put the gift wrapped in Hallo Kitty paper on a secret place ;-)
Profile Image
I guessed what the envelope was all about, but could not resist opening it right away. Thank you so much for the food magazine, I will certainly try some of the recipes... Thank you also for the Christmas / Birthday card, it's pretty obvious that the girl has a BC-present on her kick sled :)
Profile Image
Thanks so much for the wishlist book, When the Emperor Was Divine. It was a great surprise!
Profile Image
Is from hyphen8, at least I think it's a birthday gift. =) I'll put in in my book shelf and open it in May. =)
Profile Image
Is from hyphen8, at least I think it's a birthday gift. =) I'll put in in my book shelf and open it in May. =)

It's really a very late 2013 gift, so feel free to open it now if you like. :)
Profile Image

It's really a very late 2013 gift, so feel free to open it now if you like. :)

Ok, good to know. =D
Profile Image
Thank you Bookstogive for your package (saving it for the big day)!

Thank you to the person who sent me The Right Attitude to Rain by Alexander McCall Smith! It came directly from Better World books so I will need a BCID number from you to register it here.
Profile Image
Your letter arrived today, but I haven't opened it yet. I *love* the Canadian Christmas stamp with the embroided Christmas tree. :D
Profile Image
Your letter arrived today, but I haven't opened it yet. I *love* the Canadian Christmas stamp with the embroided Christmas tree. :D

Wheee, I'm such a lucky girl! Today I received the book you sent me, "Haunted San Francisco", and I love it! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12363927 Thank you so much!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Profile Image
Thanks to lukutuoli and love2cook for the surprises! I'll save them until next month before I open them.
Profile Image
I'm saving them til closer to my birthday and will post again then with thank you's for everyone!
Profile Image
It was good that you had written Happy Birthday on the back of the envelope, because I was just going to open it .. now I'll save it till February :) Looking forward to opening it, though!

---
I'll start sending at the beginning of next year.
Profile Image
An envelope arrived today... to be opened on my birthday...
Profile Image
I have updated the master Birthday Book List and pm'd everyone who sent me a message. We are ready to rock and roll :)
Profile Image
I haven't got your PM, have you received mine?
Profile Image

Yes!

It is added to the list
Profile Image
I have updated the master Birthday Book List and pm'd everyone who sent me a message. We are ready to rock and roll :)

I don't know if I need an update. I didn't get a new list .
Profile Image
A package arrived today. Sounds interesting when shaken... but I resisted the temptation and put it away.
Profile Image
I'm trying to be a good girl and have put the parcel away until it's time, but I'm already loving it. Goth Hello Kitty paper and a Moomintroll card -- just my thing *squee*!!
Also, I adore these gorgeous padded envelopes from Finish Mail. I was gifted with a pretty red one with winter birds by Jo_an_a, but this one here, with dot painted terns on blue ground is amazing, too!! :D
Profile Image
Thank you love2cook and slipperbunny :) Oooh, I am trying to hold myself to not open them... :D
Profile Image
you can pm me when the time is right for the new address.

A reminder that linguistkris (Jan 19th Birthday) has NOT moved so the address on the list is the right one.

Wheepaperclips (March 8 Birthday) has NOT moved as well so their address is correct
Profile Image
So sorry I missed the sign up for this. It looks like so much fun!
Profile Image
love2cook.

Thank you!
Profile Image
love2cook.

Thank you!

Me too -- it's getting harder and harder to resist opening the stuff right away! ;)
Thank you guys so much!!
Profile Image
Thank you:
Lukutuoli, loves2cook and someone from Germany wrapped in Asian paper.
Profile Image
someone from Germany wrapped in Asian paper
that looks like mine :-)
Profile Image
my first envelope has arrived for 2014 and i will keep it tightly shut until february
thankyou loves2cook

;)
Profile Image
thought about diversifying the different gifts I send out / give these year to make it more of a surprise who gets what, so I decided for january to send wings to Apoloniax and Bethieb. Hope you 'll like them. And that others think of other things (like errrr ... books ? ) too :)

Happy 2014 to all of you !
Profile Image
Thank you! I just checked - they are already extended :-)
Profile Image
Thank you Bloedengel! I love my little bicycles!
Profile Image
and of course I opened them as I didn't really look at the sender and the mention of the birthday RABCK
Profile Image
for the really funny 3D-cow-card and the yummy Fazer chocolate!
Profile Image
for the lovely card and the wonderful hand-crafted penguin and ornament - I love it :)))
Profile Image
You are very welcome!
Profile Image
for your lovely card and the very big chocolate bar.
Profile Image
Enjoy it!
Profile Image

photos

Profile Image
here http://www.flickr.com/---/72157639382504236/
(I hope that works)

They appears to be marked private, and so can't be seen by clicking the link.
Profile Image
should work now
Profile Image
for this book and birthdaycard :)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11973675
( Chelsea Cain: Sweet heart )
Profile Image
Your parcel just arrived (while we were sitting on the couch, watching a tv documentary about wolves), and it's wrapped in beautiful wolf paper. Brilliant piece of synchronicity, I love it! Now to resist temptation for another two weeks... :)

(Also, a parcel from betterworldbooks arrived, and I have a suspect or two, so that will have to wait, too. :))
Profile Image
How can it be there? I posted it on the 31st, economy class????
Profile Image
Your cards have arrived, saving them for end of January.
Profile Image
My birthday isn't until February, but your cards arrived before Christmas:)

love2cook: Thank you for a sweet Bithday card and bookplates
slipperbunny: Thanks for a great London postcard and other lovely postcards
Profile Image
A card arrived - to be opened soon...
Profile Image
Your card arrived and awaits my birthday. I love the gorgeous stamps!
Profile Image
when I came back from holidays:

- Now I have time to learn the Finnish version of "Happy Birthday". Birthday card and a cute gift wrapped in lovely Moomins paper came from Finland. Thanks, Chania!

- eponine38, your letter arrived yesterday and I know something is on its way ;-)

- Also I found a large envelope from Canada, may be from lauraloo29 (?)

- At least another letter from USA (bethieb (?), I think)

... and I have to wait for three weeks !

By the way: Best wishes and a happy New Year for all of you!
Profile Image
Got mail from you... and stored it away. To be opened in three weeks.
Profile Image
Thank you Boekentrol, eponine, sarahmangan, 3vie, and Bloedengel (whose card was the only one I opened yet, just to peek in and find out who to thank ;))! You guys rock!!!
Profile Image
Sorry I haven't been able to send anything as of yet as everything's been a bit hectic lately
Profile Image
... from Portugal, Belge and Netherlands,
at least from Frankfort, USA. That`s very nice, because my hometown is near Frankfurt/Main, GERMANY :-)
But I am very sad to tell that an empty envelope arrived. Both sides are slited off :-(
I am so sorry, nmugirl!

Thanks to Janeka, Bloedengel(?), Boekentrol and nmugirl!
Profile Image
Sorry to tell, but I'll have to drop out of this group for this year. I had been looking forward to it, but due to personal and familial reasons it's not possible to participate. So sorry about this. Please everybody take me off your list (it's only in October!).
Thanks a lot!
Profile Image
Sorry to tell, but I'll have to drop out of this group for this year. I had been looking forward to it, but due to personal and familial reasons it's not possible to participate. So sorry about this. Please everybody take me off your list (it's only in October!).
Thanks a lot!

Sorry to hear that you can't actively participate. But you can probably receive gifts ? Can't you ? Then I see no need to get you of ? :)
Profile Image
A heavy package arrived today, feels like some large hardcover... saving it until a certain day...
Profile Image
A heavy package arrived today, feels like some large hardcover... saving it until a certain day...

You also are of the 'feeling kind'.... :-) I (used to) do that too when I received a present, trying to guess what's inside.
Being a BC-member makes it less difficult to guess, but sometimes -not neccesarily this time- the contents are surprising.

I'm glad it arrived safely and hope you like my gift!
Profile Image
...for the puzzle book - a lovely surprise that will keep me entertained for weeks :o)
Profile Image
You mean in NOVEMBER when you are allowed to open your envelope?
Profile Image
You mean in NOVEMBER when you are allowed to open your envelope?

Ummm...yes of course that's what I mean as I'm sooo patient ;o) Where's the sellotape.....
Profile Image
Of course, I will wait until JULY!!!!! to open the envelope. Yikes!

And on that note, I am trying to send as much as I can before March when Canada Post prices are set to rise. :)
Profile Image
Have two parcels to send tomorrow these books may not be on peoples wish list so a surprise as will be unable to take them home with me to the uk in march so better homes with you guys I hope
Profile Image
Your envelope arrived yesterday and has joined the others to tempt me! ;)
Profile Image
Your envelope arrived yesterday and has joined the others to tempt me! ;)

I also got one. Thank you!
Profile Image
Even before I've opened your card, I'm delighted by the stamps on it: I didn't know the Queen came in quite so many colours! :D
Profile Image
Even before I've opened your card, I'm delighted by the stamps on it: I didn't know the Queen came in quite so many colours! :D

It took a while. But now I know I got a letter from Plum-crazy ;-)
Thanks!
Profile Image
for most of January, all cards/packages have been sent for January birthdays. Enjoy your birthdays, or as I always say, "Natal Day Greetings!"

@Hippolein, sorry to hear you are having difficulties...my thoughts and prayers go with you and your family.
Profile Image
now I get the hang of it and I didn't open the present. It is a lovely parcel and a cute card :)

this birthday-RABCK is starting to be tantalizing - waiting 6 or so weeks - oh my!
Profile Image
Got mail from you... stored away safely.
Profile Image
Thank you for my wish list book, in the memory of Oppem.
Profile Image

Today ..

I found two more birthday letters in my postbox:

Thanks to yorkshire-lass and ?. The second one from USA is a postcard with fanny ballons and a spoiler's warning. I have an idee, but I am not realy sure. So I have to wait until 20th of January :-)
Profile Image
for the postcard!
Profile Image
I got a mysterious anonymous birthday postcard with some information that is covered by a sticker saying "don't lift till 1/27".... :-)
Profile Image
Both your cards arrived today. :)
Profile Image
Thank you all who have sent me cards and packages! I am saving them for the big day. Actually, they are all sitting under the Christmas tree. lol Yes it's still up (and still green-very few needles lost). My husband loves Christmas and all the decorations around it, and has a very hard time letting it end. :)

1 2 3 4 ... 17  Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.