corner corner International Oppem 'kaneel/ cinnamon' tea RABCK - moment

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

International Oppem 'kaneel/ cinnamon' tea RABCK - moment

I’ve been thinking about a RABCK to honour Oppem. Whom I’ll miss very very much.
I was thinking of doing wild releases. But that ‘s still a bit sore, and wouldn’t be a happy experience.
I thought of sending out RABCK’s, but those too have too much a feeling of happy surprise for me, when I’m still sad.
So I thought of something else.
One of my most fond memories of Oppem is from in the beginning we ‘met’. I send her a book for some exchange and included cinnamon tea.
The tea was only labeled in Dutch and French, so it read ‘kaneel’ tea. Oppem lived for some years in Belgium and this reminded her of the dog she had when living there, whose name happened to be ‘kaneel’.
We often had these ‘serendipious’ meetings. Like I’d come to think of a poem, and she’d just rabckd me the book or something like these.
So I decided to have an international teamoment in honour of Oppem.
Everyone who wants to join , can pm their addies (mention this in title please) and I’ll send you the cinnamon tea we shared. Then everybody drinks it the same time (will be mentioned on the card) and all over the world (and I’m sure above it too) she will be thought of. I think she would have loved this idea.

Complete Thread

1 2 Next 

Profile Image
I’ve been thinking about a RABCK to honour Oppem. Whom I’ll miss very very much.
I was thinking of doing wild releases. But that ‘s still a bit sore, and wouldn’t be a happy experience.
I thought of sending out RABCK’s, but those too have too much a feeling of happy surprise for me, when I’m still sad.
So I thought of something else.
One of my most fond memories of Oppem is from in the beginning we ‘met’. I send her a book for some exchange and included cinnamon tea.
The tea was only labeled in Dutch and French, so it read ‘kaneel’ tea. Oppem lived for some years in Belgium and this reminded her of the dog she had when living there, whose name happened to be ‘kaneel’.
We often had these ‘serendipious’ meetings. Like I’d come to think of a poem, and she’d just rabckd me the book or something like these.
So I decided to have an international teamoment in honour of Oppem.
Everyone who wants to join , can pm their addies (mention this in title please) and I’ll send you the cinnamon tea we shared. Then everybody drinks it the same time (will be mentioned on the card) and all over the world (and I’m sure above it too) she will be thought of. I think she would have loved this idea.
Profile Image
I miss oppem, too.
Profile Image
missing her too ...
Profile Image
Today I received a journal from elizardbreath
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9699533
who got many of Oppem's BC-books. It feels good that the books continue their journey.
Yes, I'd very much like to be part of Oppem's Tea Party.
Profile Image
I miss her, too...
Profile Image
I've been "out of the loop" for a few days so didn't realise until yesterday that oppem had passed on. I feel really sad and can relate to what you are feeling, Bloedengel, and also to what so many people have testified on this site: missing her.

I'd love to join in, please. PMing you now.
Profile Image
I will really miss her, I think this is a lovely way to remember her.
Profile Image
So sweet. I would love to join, please!
Profile Image
... oppem's tea party!
Profile Image
I would also like to drink a cup of kaneel tea to honour oppem.
Sending PM.
Profile Image
I'll celebrate her life with you. May she always be remembered.
Profile Image

great idea!

I think we all miss her, and a cup of tea is always the best way to think/cry/laugh/remember, or watever each one of us feels like doing.
Profile Image
There are several great initiatives going, in honour and remembrance of oppem.
I would like to join this one too. This is special.
Profile Image
I can tell by the JEs I've read that you had a few "secret jokes" between the two of you! What an intimate experience this has been, going through her books. We've heard that books are living things, but I'm finding that so much of our own lives show through our books and our thoughts about them. I'll really never look at Bookcrossing the same. The time we take with making our journal entries and recording our thoughts about our books---and about one another---these things really do live on, as I'm finding out in this experience with oppem's books. What I'm trying to say is just not coming out correctly here in words. Maybe it's just pregnant-lady hormones (ha!), but I'm just approaching this whole thing so reverently. My desire for getting to know this BookCrossing community better has really been renewed through reading about her sweet friendships with so many of you! Ok, enough blubbering...Pming you my address now! :)
Profile Image
be a part of oppem's tea party in her memory.
Profile Image
A beautiful way to remember oppem!
PMing you.
Profile Image
...I am a bit of a fussy tea drinker but for this wonderful woman, I will raise my mug in honor.

PM coming
Profile Image
love to drink with all of you...
will pm you :)
good idea to honor her
Profile Image
celebrating her life with tea. Will pm you now.
Profile Image
...oppem's tea party. What a special thing to do, Bloedengel.
Profile Image
Please include me.

My memory of Oppem is a chocolate recipe book which she sent me, along with the most amazing dark chocolate I have ever tasted (Hawaiian).

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8338347/

The book is still on my shelf and I'm not really in any hurry to part with it just yet, but maybe one day I'll offer it as a RABCK in her honour.
Profile Image
Out of curiosity: Was Oppem just visiting the Glorious Yorkshire or did she live there in 2010?
Profile Image
great way to honor oppem - thanks for thinking of such an appropriate way to remember and celebrate oppem!
Profile Image

Thank you

I love this idea!!
I would be honoured to join oppem's tea party and raise my mug to this lovely lady with you.
Profile Image

Splendid idea

PMing you.
Profile Image
I'd love to join in. PM coming.
Profile Image
I would love to raise ( and drink) a cup of tea in memory of her. Also I loved your story. I know she would be very happy to know that the community that she was so fond of and who is so fond of her will be having tea in her honor/memory.
Profile Image
I'd like very much to be included in your Oppem Tea Party. PMing you now.
Profile Image
Sending you a PM now.
Profile Image
Please count me in too.
Profile Image

Bump

Back to the first page. Had slipped onto the second one.
Profile Image
Pm me if you'd like to get the tea from me. It is of course perfectly fine to have your own cup, or to reschedule if the timetable doesn't suit you. It's a nice idea to think we'll be all having this moment together, but you can do it just a little later or sooner if necessary ! It is after all the idea that counts !
Why this date ? Well, it should give all tea time enough to reach all corners of the world, and it will be exactly a month after this very sad date...

Brussels (Belgium)
monday, 23 juli 2012, 23:00:00
CEST
UTC+2 hours

Hobart (Australia - Tasmania)
thuesday, 24 juli 2012, 07:00:00
EST
UTC+10 hours

Cairns (Australia - Queensland)
Thuesday, 24 juli 2012, 07:00:00 EST
UTC+10 hours

Montreal (Canada - Quebec)
Monday, 23 juli 2012, 17:00:00
EDT
UTC-4 hours

Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia)
Monday, 23 juli 2012, 14:00:00
PDT
UTC-7 hours

Midland (U.S.A. - Texas)
Monday, 23 juli 2012, 16:00:00
CDT
UTC-5 hours

Honolulu (U.S.A. - Hawaii)
Monday, 23 juli 2012, 11:00:00
HAST
UTC-10 hours

Salem (U.S.A. - Oregon)
PDT
UTC-7 hours

Dallas (U.S.A. - Texas)
Monday, 23 juli 2012, 16:00:00
CDT
UTC-5 hours

Seattle (U.S.A. - Washington)
PDT
UTC-7 hours
Profile Image

Great!

That would make it 22:00 here in Portugal, I should have the kids snoring by then so it's a perfect time for a quiet cup of tea!
Profile Image
It will be 22:00 for me which is an half and hour after my son's bed time so it is a great time for tea!
Profile Image
If it's not too late to join that is.
Profile Image
Apparently Sweden and Belgium is in the same timezone. Have already set an alarm in my cellphone calender, to make absolute sure I don't miss it. Thank you so much for organizing this!
Profile Image
Have already set an alarm in my cellphone calender, to make absolute sure I don't miss it.

Followed your example! :)
Profile Image
I'd love to participate.
Profile Image

Great

Thanks for organising this lovely idea. I am going to follow Eskaliam's shining example and set myself an alarm, too - don't want to risk missing the minute!
Profile Image
timezone, but I think I found one that is 'doable' for most of us. And the rest is very welcome to either have their teas a little later or earlier...
Profile Image
No worries! It's gonna be an odd hour for someone no matter when you set it. I usually don't have tea 11 o'clock at night, but for this beautiful occasion I would have it 3 o'clock in the morning if that was the time you set for it.
It's really cool to think that we will all be doing this at the very same moment, even though we are spread out on different continents.
Profile Image
marking time and date on my calendar
Profile Image
Wow tea time at 3 pm! Set my alarm on the cell as well. Such a wonderful event!!

Profile Image
will be teatime with the ghosts here ...
no early going to bed for me (which doesn't seem to happen otherwise either)
Profile Image
Thanks bloedengel!
Profile Image
I get to have tea at around tea time! 5pm
Profile Image
It's an honour to be part of this.
Profile Image
we just returned from a wonderful road trip to Oregon to visit our daughter and 2 grandsons (6&4).

While traveling I released a wonderful book in oppem's memory - Olive Kitteridge.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11248221
Profile Image
With a Minty Morocco teabag!
Thank you. I have marked the date and time in my diary.
Profile Image
and alarm set. Thanks, Bloedengel.
Profile Image

Thank you!

Got my kaneel-zoethout-spearmint tea!
Profile Image

Thank you

Mint-Marocco arrived safely today!
Profile Image

Thank you

Tea arrived. Smells delicious!
Profile Image
And put it in a safe spot, so I know where to find it when the moment comes. Thank you!
Profile Image
She is missed.
Profile Image
:-) thank you :-)
Profile Image
...and is waiting for its moment to be enjoyed!
Profile Image
thank you!
Profile Image

Tea arrived

Not even wet... (it's been raining here lately). All set for Oppem's Tea Party.
Profile Image
Thank you very much!
Profile Image
Thank you so much
Profile Image
Thanks, and thanks for the print outs.
This tea smells wonderful.
Profile Image
The tea is here. Thanks. I look forward to having this moment with you all to honor a wonderful bookcrosser.
Profile Image
Thank you for sending it, Bloedengel. I will put it in a safe place to be ready to drink on the 23rd.
Profile Image
Thanks so much, Bloedengel.
Profile Image
Thank you Bloedengel :-)
Profile Image

Tea arrived

Thanks
Profile Image
Thank you Bloedengel! Minty Morocco: sounds nice! I've noted time and date in my diary.
Profile Image
...just in time for 07:00 tomorrow. Smells wonderful. Thank you Bloedengel. I think oppem will be smiling on us at tea time.
Profile Image
Just in time! I was all set to brew my own tea, but now I can use the Minty Morocco. It smells lovely. Thank you, Bloedengel, for organising this.
Profile Image
not that long to go now ;)
Profile Image
here http://www.gratefulness.org/---/candles.cfm?... feel free to join me

A lovely idea, ApoloniaX. Never knew about that site.

Profile Image
As soon as I realised tea-time is less then an hour away I shut off my music and started making preparations. Suddenly all my neighbours has gone quiet too. I feel the bond with all the rest of you, knowing that you are making the same preparations too.
Profile Image
Yes :-) across borders and time zones.... Thanks to oppem!
And Bloedengel!
Profile Image
...great to be in such a good company, reminiscing a great lady.
Profile Image
I've made my tea a while ago and let it cool off.
Will be just right when the time comes to drink it.

And I've realised that I'll never ever again eat or drink anything with cinnamon without thinking of oppem. :)
Profile Image
with all of you, in memory of a very generous woman - in just a few minutes.
Profile Image
...and sending a calming fragrance around my room...I will be raising my mug to the extra twinkling star in the sky

٭ ٭ ٭Oppem ٭ ٭ ٭
Profile Image

tea

baby in bed, tea is steeping. Just waiting to share a cup with you all in memory of a lovey bookcrosser.
Profile Image
:))
Profile Image

tea ready

necoconeco and hippolein waiting...
still 2 minutes
Profile Image
She is missed.
Profile Image
In memory of our dear oppem
Profile Image
Profile Image
2nd that
Profile Image
May she rest in peace - surrounded by good books.

I saw this post in the 'Goodbye Oppem' thread.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/479296
Profile Image
May she rest in peace - surrounded by good books.

I 2nd that!
Profile Image
I shared this thread's address as well as that of the candle group on BC on Facebook. I hope you don't mind.

Here is to oppem... I miss seeing her name pop up in the threads, always so positive and cheerful.
Profile Image
It's made and is delicious. In your honor Oppem, may you rest in peace.
Profile Image
... to join you all for tea and to share a quiet time in oppem's memory.

But the day beckons and I must get ready for work. Some possible life changing decisions in the pipe line today...
Profile Image
My computer honoured Oppem as well - all went white on the BC-pages except the title and nothing worked for half an hour. If I went to some other site, all was well, but with BC you only had white and the title so you knew you were there. Anybody else had the same happen to them?
Profile Image
My computer honoured Oppem as well - all went white on the BC-pages except the title and nothing worked for half an hour. If I went to some other site, all was well, but with BC you only had white and the title so you knew you were there. Anybody else had the same happen to them?

Me too! I was just about to post another comment on this thread when everything broke down! Chills and goosebumps!
Profile Image

It happened to me as well
Profile Image
We christened my new china teapot in her honour. The flavour of the tea is still with us!

And my computer wasn't the only one that joined the moment.

Took some photos. My first on Flickr so I hope you can see them.

http://www.flickr.com/---/72157630719137944/

Profile Image

Yes, something strange was happening on the BC site but not on other sites. I was also going to mention this, but didn't.
Profile Image
....RIP oppem.....

1 2 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.