corner corner WINNER CHOSEN - Intl Audiobook Sweepstake June 2012

Forum | << Random and Not-So-Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

WINNER CHOSEN - Intl Audiobook Sweepstake June 2012

I was the winner of the March audiobook sweepstake and it is now my duty to host the next draw. The rules are simple: --

1. Enter by posting here, stating whether you prefer cassettes, CD's or either, no guarentees but we will do our best.

2. PM me your address.

3. This is international so please do not enter if you are not willing to ship internationally, surface mail is fine.

4. I will pick a winner and a decoy at the end of the month (30th June). I'll send that person's address to all other participants. I will also draw a second name as a decoy, for the winner to send an Audiobook to.

5. Do not congratulate the winner on this thread until the packages start to arrive and they realise that they have won! Let's keep the secret as long as possible!

6. You may also enter as 'send only' either by posting here or PM'ing me.

7. The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a couple of months time.

8. If you are the winner, please post here the books you received.

Good Luck!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was the winner of the March audiobook sweepstake and it is now my duty to host the next draw. The rules are simple: --

1. Enter by posting here, stating whether you prefer cassettes, CD's or either, no guarentees but we will do our best.

2. PM me your address.

3. This is international so please do not enter if you are not willing to ship internationally, surface mail is fine.

4. I will pick a winner and a decoy at the end of the month (30th June). I'll send that person's address to all other participants. I will also draw a second name as a decoy, for the winner to send an Audiobook to.

5. Do not congratulate the winner on this thread until the packages start to arrive and they realise that they have won! Let's keep the secret as long as possible!

6. You may also enter as 'send only' either by posting here or PM'ing me.

7. The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a couple of months time.

8. If you are the winner, please post here the books you received.

Good Luck!
Profile Image
I'd love to enter, but I can only listen to CDs these days.

Thank you :)
Profile Image
I listen to CDs
Profile Image
I can only listen to CDs as well. :)
Profile Image
CDs or tapes
Profile Image
Audio CDs are all I am able to listen to as I do not have a cassette player.
Profile Image
I'll be "send only" this round.
Profile Image
I will pm you my address
Profile Image
Only CDs for me too. :-)
Profile Image
my car only plays cds
Profile Image
I am happy to receive CD's or cassettes.

Will PM you my addy shortly :o)

Thanks for keeping this running.
Profile Image
Chremajora
booklady331
elizardbreath
ApoloniaX
FeistyPom2Love
jax987654321
Cinderess
Erishkigal
Smurphie

Send only:-
JudySlump612
footymadgill
Profile Image

Bump!

;-)
Profile Image
;-)
Profile Image

bump

bump
Profile Image

Up Up

and Away!
Profile Image
...by random.org

PM's have been sent...please let me know if you haven't received it.

Thank you all for taking part!
Profile Image
Received, ty.
Profile Image
I will be mailing of two unabridged audiobooks this week to the winner!! Thanks again for hosting this RABCK. :-)
Profile Image
Package is ready, to be mailed tomorrow :-)
Profile Image
& will get something ready to post later this week.

Thank you for organising this!
Profile Image
I hope they are received soon!
Profile Image
I received the fabulous CD's yesterday. I received The Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee and Ghost Radio by Leopoldo Gout. I haven't read anything from either of these authors, so am very happy.
Will have to wait until later to see if I am the decoy or the winner! Happy either way!

Profile Image
Yey, I'm glad the audio books mad it to you safely! They arrived swifty too. Four days is fast!! Enjoy!!
Profile Image
... I've been held up :(

I will try to get it out some time this week - promise I will do my best!
Profile Image
a phone line for a while due to a technical fault and BT only sent out an engineer yesterday after us harrassing them for the last nine days.

So appologies I am running behind but will get to it ASAP.
Profile Image
I ordered via paperbackswap.com so, unless the sender is also a BC'er, it will not have a BCID.
Profile Image
Thank you, JudySlump612, for sending me an audiobook.... So, does mean I'm the winner of the audiobook sweepstakes?!!! Because I thought the person I sent my audiobooks was the winner.

Profile Image
you've sent me!! Today in the mail, I received The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold and Coronado by Dennis LeHane. I look forward to listening to both books!
Profile Image
Will do soon. Am glad FeistyPom2love is the winner and not me, I so love being the decoy!
Profile Image
I am really sorry about this. I haven't posted your book yet. The reason is that I ordered it from Amazon and it hasn't been delivered yet. The one I was going to send you, i.e. the one I have here at home, turned out not to be suitable after all, so it's sorry all round :S

As soon as it is delivered I will post it on. Promise!
Profile Image
Wow, I feel spoiled by your parcel, I received three audiobooks. Several cute Bookcrossing labels, 3 postcards, Bookcrossing decal, Kiva Bookmark, and an awesome Ballycomber pin.
Profile Image
I received a lovely postcard and the audiobook Toast by Nigel Slater. You'd asked me if there were meetups and OBCZS. There use to be regular meetups at a local OBCZ in the neighboring town of Ventura about 20-30 minutes drive from my home, depending on traffic, but haven't seen meetups there in a few years. In fact, I've heard a rumor that the OBCZ closed recently, but haven't confirmed the information for myself. Otherwise there are other obczs and meetups around the state, but none close enough for me to visit/attend regularly.
Profile Image
You're welcome!
I'm pretty sure footymadgill went to a zone in Ventura a few months ago...?
Profile Image

Ooh, yes I did...Latte 101 on Telephone (or Telegraph) Road
Profile Image

Ooh, yes I did...Latte 101 on Telephone (or Telegraph) Road

So, Latte 101 is still open? That's good news! I love that place and use to go there frequently! It's on Telephone Road... It's easy to get Telegraph and Telephone Roads mixed up. (When my hubby and I 1st moved up to Santa Barbara County we use to get Cabrillo, Castillo & Carrillo Streets mixed up!)

It would have been fun to meet you, footymadgill, while you were in the area!
Profile Image
called the The Teahouse Fire by Elilss Avery, but I don't see an obvious BCID LABEL on it!!! This book was a book from wishlist and I am assuming the generous sender is one of the wonderful Bookcrossers that took part in this Sweeps? Am I correct? Thank you for fulfilling one of my books from my wishlist!!
Profile Image
I received 3 audiobooks from you today!!

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
On Green Dolphin Street by Sebastian Faulks
The Vicar of Dibley
Profile Image
I am happy that I discovered it was you that sent me The Teahouse Fire by Elilss Avery from my wishlist. :-) I'll register this book on Bookcrossing.
Profile Image
Should arrive any moment now
Profile Image
Thank you, jax987654321, for the 3 audiobooks you sent me! I received the following audiobooks:

The BFG by Roald Dahl
Feet of Clay by Terry Prachett
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
Profile Image
The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes audiobook + a postcard. :-)
Profile Image
Hope you like it when it arrives.

Had a touch time of things recently so only now getting back on track :o)
Profile Image
I received 4 audiobooks on compact discs:

Playing for Pizza by John Grisham
Time Bomb by Jonathan Kellerman
Arctic Hero by Catherine Johnson
Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje

Plus the tea and postcard!
Profile Image
I received The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd on cd in the mail today.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.