corner corner CLOSED, WINNER DRAWN: Sweets-sweep: All who love sweets, please join!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

CLOSED, WINNER DRAWN: Sweets-sweep: All who love sweets, please join!

Hi Bookcrossers!

If you like sweets, chocolat, cookies... this is the sweepstakes for you! Very yummy!
I copied the rules from other sweeps (thanks to all sweepholders).

The rules are:
1.First you must post here in this thread to enter. If you are diabetic, Lactose intolerance or having a allergic reaction on peanuts for example, please put it in your thread. If you win, we can send you things you can eat.

2.Then PM me with your mailing details and please put ”Sweets-sweep” in the subject line of your PM. If you wish, you can also enter as SEND ONLY and then you do not need to send me your mailing info, just post in the thread.

3. I'll draw two names out of the ”hat” on the end of April. One winner and one decoy. I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4.You are expected to send some sweets, chocolat, cookies... and if you want, why not, a book. If you don't think you will be able to send some sweets please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all). Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

5.Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6.As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7.The winner will host the next round within 1-2 months of the draw. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstake going!:)

That is it! I hope you decide to try it. Happy Entering!!

Who's in?

Chremajora
Releanna
Soozreader
Yorkshire-lass
TinaJean
Pippis
Elsje86
ApoloniaX
Kally93

Senders:

Elskaliam
Bloedengel
Miumaumou

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi Bookcrossers!

If you like sweets, chocolat, cookies... this is the sweepstakes for you! Very yummy!
I copied the rules from other sweeps (thanks to all sweepholders).

The rules are:
1.First you must post here in this thread to enter. If you are diabetic, Lactose intolerance or having a allergic reaction on peanuts for example, please put it in your thread. If you win, we can send you things you can eat.

2.Then PM me with your mailing details and please put ”Sweets-sweep” in the subject line of your PM. If you wish, you can also enter as SEND ONLY and then you do not need to send me your mailing info, just post in the thread.

3. I'll draw two names out of the ”hat” on the end of April. One winner and one decoy. I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4.You are expected to send some sweets, chocolat, cookies... and if you want, why not, a book. If you don't think you will be able to send some sweets please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all). Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

5.Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6.As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7.The winner will host the next round within 1-2 months of the draw. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstake going!:)

That is it! I hope you decide to try it. Happy Entering!!

Who's in?

Chremajora
Releanna
Soozreader
Yorkshire-lass
TinaJean
Pippis
Elsje86
ApoloniaX
Kally93

Senders:

Elskaliam
Bloedengel
Miumaumou
Profile Image
I have two children who are allergic to milk - not just lactose, but MILK. This means they can only have very dark chocolate or other sweets without milk, or chocolate from the TruFree range (which isn't available here). Lots of people just don't seem to get this - my mother-in-law, for example, gave them white chocolate as an Easter present because she thought they could eat it. It breaks my heart when my 8 yr old daughter has to hand over any treats she gets because she knows she can't eat them. My 16 yr old son says he is used to it now but I know he would like to be able to indulge....

It would be great if I won this, in their name! I am sure they would love to receive sweets from all over the world which they CAN eat - this is a wonderful idea :)

Thank you for organising this!

PMing you now with my address.
Profile Image
thanks for joining. I didn't get your pm so maybe try again :s

This sweep is an tribute to my mother. She is a diabetic (more than 20 years now) and I remember as kid that her family-in-law always gave her things she could not eat. Even on parties they didn't bother to ask the chef if he could prepare something without sugar.
On my wedding this summer, there was a dessert-table. A table for diabetics, a table for lactose intolerant, a table for allergic to flower and a table full of normal food. It was the first time that my cousins (2 and 3 years old) could eat a dessert on a party.

Profile Image
But I'm actually trying to loose weight myself. :-( So sign me up as a send only, please! I know some swedish goodies that won't mind travelling. ;-)
Profile Image
thanks for beeing a sender :)
Profile Image
I have PMed you again.

I think it is lovely that you took such care at your wedding (congratulations, by the way, even if I am a little late!). There are so many people with dietary problems one way and another these days that it surely can't hurt to be a bit more aware.

And your idea is great for people without dietary problems too, of course!!
Profile Image
Got it :)
Profile Image
please enter me

I do not like whole nuts and anything with meat-products in it (milk and eggs are o.k.)
Profile Image
you are in :)
Profile Image
Tried to resist..but in vain! Pm will be on its way...oh yeah: no allergies.
Profile Image
you are in :)
Profile Image

anyone

Profile Image
nice to see this one going : - )

Profile Image
thanks for sending :) ah, books and sweets it is a good combination
Profile Image
The only thing I don't like is dark chocolate, will PM you :-)
Profile Image
I can't have anything with wheat (a cruel allergy for a bread-lover to have!). PM is on the way.
Profile Image
add you :)
Profile Image

BUMP

please... anyone?
Profile Image
Well even if I shouldn't take part in this one, you got me!
Shame though that I'm a picky sweet eater: don't like any fruit flavoured gums or candy or even marmalade, though small fruit/berry bits in chocolate (or cookies) are ok but not as a filling. On the other hand, I do like to try out new & weird things, so I never say never...
Profile Image
;) you are in
Profile Image

BUMP

please join
Profile Image
...send only. I try to avoid sugar, but above all I try avoid every kind of sweeteners and non-natural things - sometimes successfully, sometimes not... ;)
Profile Image
ok thanks for sending :)
Profile Image
I would like to join, but just like miumaumou I try to avoid non-natural sweeteners and stuff like that. So for me it would be preferred to receive organic sweets, is that okay to ask for? Or something home-made if anyone is planning on that :)
Profile Image
You can join and if you win, I will put your prefs in the pm. Every "joiner" will decide for him/herself what to send to you. :) thanks for joining
Profile Image
Ok, great! Thanks a lot for this great sweets-sweep. I'll send you a PM.
Profile Image
I'm very fond of chocolate... milk, dark, white, any, with stuff inside, like nuts or fruit or chilli or ginger or lime or Marmite or beer or whatever, just no bacon chocolate (I'm vegetarian, so no gelatine for me neither please). Weird chocolate is lovely - but the pure one is great too. I like fair trade and/or organic products, but not necessarily. And I prefer sugar to artificial sweeteners.
Thanks for organising this!
Profile Image
ok you are in :) a long list of things you like that hopefully if you win, the "joiners" will send you. :) thanks for joining.
Profile Image
Profile Image
I'm in. :D
Profile Image
thanks, added you!
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
My Border Collie just drawn the winner and the decoy. You will get your messages with the address today.
thanks for joining.
PS: the winner will hold this sweep within 3 months
Profile Image
I will go shopping later today and post by the end of the week.
Profile Image
Will post something on Wednesday... already have something in mind... :-)
Profile Image

pm received.

;)
Profile Image
and parcel ready to go. Thank you for organising this, what a great idea! And what fun, too!
Profile Image
Enjoy! :)
Profile Image
out tomorrow.
One to the winner and one to the decoy :)
Profile Image
I think Pumba might have drawn me as the decoy!

Let me just say my children were ecstatic today when I found a rather large parcel waiting when I got home from work. It was from ApoloniaX and it contained: Bremer Kluten (peppermint sweets, a speciality from Bremen); 2 sesame bars; a bag of lemon & thyme sweets; a Ritter Sport marzipan square (I didn't realise the chocolate was so dark there is no milk in it. If I had only known this earlier, I could have made my son very happy as he is such a marzipan fan!); a bar of gojiberries in sesame nougat (sounds intriguing!); some cranberry & cherry "fruity" bars - and that wasn't all! Two Guinness recipes, a book and, possibly best of all, a bag of Guinness luxury fudge just for me! It was like Christmas!

ApoloniaX, thank you SO much for your generous parcel! You are fantastic and you've made my children VERY happy - you've no idea how much they appreciated your parcel :)
Profile Image
:)
Profile Image
My daughter is over the moon because it looks like we're the winners, not the decoy! (My son, being a little older, was *quietly* pleased!)

Soozreader: Thank you for the Finnish chocolate (and did you send me a bookmark? If so, thank you for it!)

Miumaumou: Thank you for the chocolate, lollies, liquorice (my son's favourite) and Moomin chewing gum! Also thank you for at least one, if not two, bookmarks and the really pretty unicorn card which my daughter has hijacked!

Rodespringbal: Thank you for your parcel contain those "seed bars" (my kids love them!). Thank you, too, for the book and especially for enclosing the piece of paper with my name on that Pumba "touched", as proof that we really are the winners! What a clever dog you've got!
Profile Image
:) yesterday I was looking at this forum and still no respons from you that you had got some other parcels. Yes you are the winner, Pumba touched your card first and it was so funny that you thought you were the decoy.
Enjoy the parcels that are coming your way. And I hope you will hold this sweets-sweep again within 3 months. Thank you all for joining.
Profile Image
And I hope you will hold this sweets-sweep again within 3 months

I most certainly will! I think it is a fantastic idea (and not just because we won, either!) I will be certain to hold it again soon in the near future, and thank you again for hosting this - you have made my children very, very happy! All in the true spirit of book crossing, great!

**BIG SMILE**
Profile Image
you are all very welcome :)
Profile Image

PS

I forgot to say that I posted to the real decoy on Saturday!

Profile Image
So I can own up now - received a bar of almond hazelnut chocolate from rodespringbal yesterday (thanks a lot!!!), along with a card stating that I'm the decoy. But as Chremajora then didn't know yet that she isn't the decoy but the winner, I wanted her to find out herself when the next packages come in :-)
Profile Image
thank you ApoloniaX for beeing the decoy and for not ruining the surpise for Chremajora :) hope you enjoy the chocolat.
Profile Image
Thank you so much for being a sport and keeping the secret! Your parcel from me was posted on Saturday so it shouldn't take too much longer to arrive...
Profile Image
Thank you so much for being a sport and keeping the secret! Your parcel from me was posted on Saturday so it shouldn't take too much longer to arrive...

Got you package today :-) Thank you so much for cranberry melon chocolate and lemon & pepper chocolate - sounds so delicious and I bet it will taste even better. And I also got an audiobook http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11096582 - brilliant! Thank you so much, Chremajora!!!
Profile Image
for the carob cookies! When I saw the packaging, I wondered if you had mistakenly sent me some kind of puppy/kitten medicine, hee hee! I see what you mean about them arriving "sort of" in one piece - don't worry, only one dwarf lost his head! I am sure things will get worse when my children start on them though :) (And the ingredients list was just perfect)

ApoloniaX, you are more than welcome :)

Can I just take this opportunity of thanking you all for taking such good care in checking the ingredients on the goodies you have sent. I really appreciate it. You guys are the BEST!
Profile Image
Pippis, your parcel arrived on Saturday but I couldn't journal it as I wasn't here. And now it is too late - I only saw the parcel briefly, before my daughter took off with it! I know there was liquorice in there (lots of it!) which my son likes (or would like, if he could get his hands on it!), some lollies and something else with Moomins on.... Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but my daughter loved it all, so thank you!

Also Releanna, your parcel arrived today. Thank you for the very interesting-sounding chocolate and the jellies, and also for the wafer for ME! Yay! Thank you :)
Profile Image
I hope you didn't have a buzzing Saturday with kids on a sugar rush... So glad the sweets were to their taste, you were such a perfect winner for this rabck!
Profile Image
It's great, just great, that my kids are receiving so many lovely goodies that they can actually enjoy that I don't mind the odd sugar rush :D They've waited a long time for this... Besides, they have also put a lot of things to one side for later because they know they've got to make them last a while!
Profile Image
I think your parcel arrived on Friday but my kids hijacked the computer and I haven't had the chance to use it all weekend. Thank you for the cola gums, fizzers, love hearts (my daughter calls them "heart tablets"!) and for the jelly meerkats (she was tickled pink when she saw those - but I had to assure her they are not real meerkats; just like jelly babies aren't real babies!!), all greatly appreciated. Thank you, too, for "Chocolat" - great that the book you sent fit in so well with the theme! I have read it, actually, but it was so long ago that I am looking forward to reading it again, so no worries ;)

Thank you very much!
Profile Image
You're welcome! Glad the children liked the selection :-)
Profile Image
Your package arrived this morning with delicious strawberry sweets and edible paper: thank you! You actually caused a few giggles: we got caught in a traffic jam on the way to Cologne and to stave off boredom, we each took a piece of edible paper, folded it in half and put it in our mouths as "lips". Then we wound the windows down, turned the radio up and sang along as loud as we could to our favourite songs with our new "mouths". It really made the people to the left and right of us in the traffic jam smile!!
Profile Image

Kally 93

Thank you so much for your unusual Canadian package! The maple sweets were a real hit and I suspect the lollies will be, too! It was really interesting to read about the Indian tribes and about "The Sugar Bush". The log cabin looks like a nice activity for a rainy day :)
Profile Image

Eskaliam?

Was it you? I received a huge envelope from Sweden with 10 Klubbor lollies, some strawberry and some caramel snöre and 6 absolutely gorgeous sandalwood scented candles. But I don't recognise the sender's name and address, and there was no not enclosed, so was it you, Eskaliam?

Whoever it was: thank you very much :)
Profile Image
That was probably me, yes! I didn't realise until I already mailed it that I might have forgotten to put my screenname with it. Oops! ;-) But I think I'm the only swede in this bunch? So it must have been mine. I figured the kids would steal away the candy, so mama should have something for her. Hence the candles. Enjoy. :-)
Profile Image
That was probably me, yes! I didn't realise until I already mailed it that I might have forgotten to put my screenname with it. Oops! ;-) But I think I'm the only swede in this bunch? So it must have been mine. I figured the kids would steal away the candy, so mama should have something for her. Hence the candles. Enjoy. :-)

Thank you then, Eskaliam, since it was you :) And thank you very much indeed for being so kind as to enclose the candles for me! I really do appreciate that :) Have a nice week.
Profile Image
if we've received all the packages we were expecting (I think there should be one or two still coming...) but I think it is now time to start the next sweets sweepstakes....

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.