corner corner where are the books

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

where are the books

I went to where I live in Go Hunting and I didn't see any books near me. But when I searched members I found about 200 in my town. I am wondering why none of them are hiding any or why there aren't more near me. I just started and I want to find a book to earn points but I will have to travel far to find them

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I went to where I live in Go Hunting and I didn't see any books near me. But when I searched members I found about 200 in my town. I am wondering why none of them are hiding any or why there aren't more near me. I just started and I want to find a book to earn points but I will have to travel far to find them
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! If you haven't already done so, please read the information on the site's FAQs and "How to BookCross" sections - you can see them under the "information" tab.

Quick answer re the hunting pages: they only show locations where books have been released within the last 30 days, so it doesn't reflect ALL the books released in the area. (Books left in public are unlikely to still be there after 30 days; that's why only the most recent releases show.)

Re earning points: I'm not sure what you mean by that; this site doesn't give points. We like to leave books for people to find, in hopes that they'll enjoy them and perhaps post their comments, letting us know where the books have gone. Check out the Site Watch forum to see examples.

Hope this helps!
Profile Image

Do let other bookcrosses know the area you live in, by entering it on your profile, it may encourage them to leave more. It does get disappointing if your releases are rarely commented on!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.