corner corner becoming an OBCZ

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

becoming an OBCZ

Hello all,
I just registered the other day and then found out about OBCZs.

As I want to put a book shelf in the Linke Zentrum in Wedel dedicated to bookcrossing, i wondered if I just create an account like 'OBCZ LiZe Wedel' or do i have to be approved by someone?
I am indeed a bit scared to do it wrong . :-)

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello all,

As I want to put a book shelf in the Linke Zentrum in Wedel dedicated to bookcrossing, i wondered if I just create an account like 'OBCZ LiZe Wedel' or do i have to be approved by someone?

Thanks in advance

Profile Image
Maybe Question 31 will help.
Profile Image

I RTFM

I have read the FAQ before i asked and it did not answer my question.
I do not need approvement for the place as i own it.
I am aware about how to register/announce AFTER becoming an OBCZ.

But I do not know if i have to ask permission to someone here PRIOR becoming an OBCZ.

Profile Image
But I do not know if i have to ask permission to someone here PRIOR becoming an OBCZ.

Nope, not at all. Anyone who wants to set up an OBCZ is more than welcome to go right ahead. The "official" part of the process has to do with having the release-zone flagged as an OBCZ so that it shows up on the hunting pages with the special icon, and you can request that after you've already set up your release zone by releasing some books there. [Note that you can have an OBCZ release zone without having a specific OBCZ bookshelf. If you want to keep your "Gruselda" bookshelf and create a new bookshelf solely for OBCZ books, you can do that, or you can release books from your personal shelf to the OBCZ.]

Hope that helps, and that you enjoy BookCrossing!
Profile Image

RE: I RTFM

I do not know if i have to ask permission to someone here PRIOR becoming an OBCZ.

No, you do not. You can just go ahead and create that OBCZ account if you want one (it's optional).
Profile Image
Many thanks for those answers.

I think i now know how to proceed.

kind regards Gruselda
Profile Image
Many thanks for those answers.

I think i now know how to proceed.

kind regards Gruselda

And how have you decided to proceed?

Did you open another account writing OBCZ near profile name?
I'm in touble because I prefer only one account, in which I can register books!
Profile Image
I'm in touble because I prefer only one account, in which I can register books!

That's not a problem. I manage the OBCZ in my front yard without a separate account; I just release books there from my normal account. No trouble at all.
Profile Image
If you establish an obcz you can also get eternal wings for free if you contact the support team via the contact link down on this page.
Profile Image
Hello all,

Thanks in advance

I'm Italian and I need the same help ;) I follow you :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.