corner corner Bookplates

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Bookplates

I bought bookplates with numbers on them and without numbers on it. I know that the bookplates without numbers, will get one when you register a book. For the bookplates that are pre-numbered, how do I assign a book to them?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I bought bookplates with numbers on them and without numbers on it. I know that the bookplates without numbers, will get one when you register a book. For the bookplates that are pre-numbered, how do I assign a book to them?
Profile Image
if you are using a pre-numbered label (or bookplate) you go to Journal Entry to start and enter that pre-num and then proceed to enter the book info to contnue the registration process. If you start with Register Book instead, you'll get a new number, not the one assigned to you on the pre-numbered label. So start by going to Journal Entry on those pre-nuns.

"Registering a book is quick and easy. Just follow the 3 steps below to get your book's new BCID number. Then, if you plan to release the book "into the wild", make sure you also make Release Notes so other BookCrossers in the area can try to find it. NOTE! If you printed pre-numbered labels, you already have a BCID number for your book, so you should not register the book here. Instead, you should make a journal entry and/or release notes on the book."

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.