corner corner Keeping Books

Forum | << Newbies | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
but I've got no problem with someone holding onto my books if they like them that much. It's fine with me.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I'm wondering, if you find a Bookcrossing book, is it okay to keep it in your permanent collection if you wanted to?
Profile Image
I'm wondering, if you find a Bookcrossing book, is it okay to keep it in your permanent collection if you wanted to?

Sure. Not that there's any way we could stop you {wry grin}. But, seriously, unless you got the book as part of a trade or bookray or some other method with explicit strings attached, a BC book is yours to do with as you please.

Now, the person who released the book might prefer that you not hang on to it indefinitely, but who's to say how long "permanent" actually is!

That said, if I found a BC book released by someone else, and if I wanted to add that title to my "keeper" shelves, I'd probably hunt up another copy so I could send the first one out traveling again. But there's no site rule about that, so if you found a book that you love and want to keep, by all means, keep it.
Profile Image
When I receive a book from another BC'er I put it on a special TBR pile to remind me to Journal it, to read it asap, and to write a Release Note, and to send it on it's way. To me it shows respect and consideration for the person who released the book. Generally, the only books I list in my Personal Collection (PC) are reference type books that I will refer to over and over again or books I feel I'll want to read again. When I really enjoy a book I'll tell myself to hold on to it until I have time to re-read it but too often that time may not come for years, if ever. So if I notice a book I've had for months or years and I admit to myself that I may not read it any time soon I'll pass it on to another member who may have had it on their WL for years.
Profile Image
but I've got no problem with someone holding onto my books if they like them that much. It's fine with me.
Profile Image
Well, when the books are out of my hands, they're out of my controll. So the person that has the book is free to keep it or let it travel.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.