corner corner Magazines etc on BC

Forum | << Newbies | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
So I guess the answer is let them be...

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Occasionaly when I check some release zones or when looking at the side bar, I see magazines or even crosswords registered, for example
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14636503
or even the colour painting books (but I see those are quite tolerated here, even offered as book rings etc and I guess they are books after all).

I thought magazines and such are not supposed to be a Book Crossing thing according to FAQ? My question is: What out we supposed to do when we spot one such case? Report it somewhere, let it be or what? And if reported what kind of action BC admins take? Delete the BCID/listing of the item? Contact the BCer who registered it? Or?

Thank you.
Profile Image
You're right, people are not supposed to register magazines; they are not durable enough to withstand the hardships of travel. I suppose you could report these cases with Support, but on the other hand, there's not a whole lot they can do about it either: Support can't delete BCIDs. They can only gently ask the member to please stop using BCIDs for things that aren't books.

These things are going to happen now and then. Personally I just hope it doesn't happen too often.

People also use BCIDs for bookboxes, and they're not supposed to do that either. But what can you do? It's a convenient way to track them I suppose...
Profile Image
So I guess the answer is let them be...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.