corner corner BCID number is not recognized

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BCID number is not recognized

I bought a 2nd hand book, saw the BCID label on the back of the dust jacket and went to the web site, entered it ....but....no book found. I tried various combinations with the ISBN number also, also zip result, so I tried title and author but there are hundreds listed....so reluctantly I have decided to forget all about tracking my new book's patch sadly. Shame the hype was more than reality could handle.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I bought a 2nd hand book, saw the BCID label on the back of the dust jacket and went to the web site, entered it ....but....no book found. I tried various combinations with the ISBN number also, also zip result, so I tried title and author but there are hundreds listed....so reluctantly I have decided to forget all about tracking my new book's patch sadly. Shame the hype was more than reality could handle.
Profile Image
at the bottom of the pages, and tell the title and author of the book you bought? And the BCID you found on the back of the dust jacket
It's possible there to find the real BCID for the book, so you can track the book correctly.
Profile Image
that you could post the title here, and someone might remember releasing it also?

Profile Image

is it...

this one: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14575724/ (if so maybe PM fennyport)

Profile Image
the first three digits and the rest, like 123-456789. Did you include it?
Profile Image
Is there any information about who registered the book? Some book labels will say something like "Registered by:". You could then search for the book title as registered by that particular person. Unless they've registered hundreds of copies of the same book (pretty unlikely), it should narrow it down considerably.

You could then contact them to clarify any confusion about the BCID ("Is that digit a 3 or an 8?").

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.