corner corner Crossing zone questions

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Crossing zone questions

I am thinking of starting a crossing zone in my Mom's business, and I have a few questions.

1. Someone says you get Wings if you join with your business's name as a crossing zone. Is this true, and if so, what are the requirements to get this?

2. Do you have to register as a crossing zone in a "official" way?

Thanks.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I am thinking of starting a crossing zone in my Mom's business, and I have a few questions.

1. Someone says you get Wings if you join with your business's name as a crossing zone. Is this true, and if so, what are the requirements to get this?

2. Do you have to register as a crossing zone in a "official" way?

Thanks.
Profile Image
It depends on how you want to deal with it. If you register as an obcz with its own virtual shelf then you can get eternal free wings for that shelf if you ask the support for them. That will make sense if you will register books that should not appear on the lilapot-shelf for some reason.
But you can also just establish a release zons and ask the support to mark it as an obcz. Then you will see it marked with a globe on the go-hunting-page.
Profile Image
Ah, so should I start a different account for it under the business's name as a crossing zone?
Profile Image
Ah, so should I start a different account for it under the business's name as a crossing zone?

You can but it's not obligatory. You can also run the OBCZ from your current account.
If you make a new account, you'll need a second email for it. To get free wings it should start with OBCZxxx where xxx is then the name of the zone. Accounts have max 15 characters and no spaces.
Important is to email support after you released your first book there with the information of the place, so it can be marked as official zone.
See also http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/promote
Profile Image
Thanks a lot for the help. I'll be wanting a different account.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.