corner corner I'd like to meet up and exchange books with others in Durban, South Africa. How do I set this up?

Forum | << Newbies | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Well that's kind of what i did when I first started the group in Hong Kong. I checked to see who's active in the city, then write them a message. WIth cut and paste it's not a lot of work. Then we exchange emails/phone number so we can set up a gathering at a time good for everybody interested. It has been more than 8 years ago, some of us are still in touch and get together once in a while to exchange books and just to chit chat and have dinner together.

You can post on the convention forum too, but a lot of people who don't expect a gathering in their city do not check that forum, so it may not be the most effective place to post.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi. I'm new here (joined today) ... so I'm sorry for the dumb question.

I live in Durban, South Africa and I'd like to meet up and exchange books with others in Durban, South Africa. How do I set this up? Where do I post a request or something along those lines? (short of individually messaging all members in DBN, S.A., of course).
Profile Image
Maybe you could have a look at the profils to see who is an active member and than contact them?
http://www.bookcrossing.com/searchmembers?...
Profile Image
.....post something in the Conventions/Meetings forum?
Profile Image
Well that's kind of what i did when I first started the group in Hong Kong. I checked to see who's active in the city, then write them a message. WIth cut and paste it's not a lot of work. Then we exchange emails/phone number so we can set up a gathering at a time good for everybody interested. It has been more than 8 years ago, some of us are still in touch and get together once in a while to exchange books and just to chit chat and have dinner together.

You can post on the convention forum too, but a lot of people who don't expect a gathering in their city do not check that forum, so it may not be the most effective place to post.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.