corner corner Wish list

Forum | << Newbies | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Hi and welcome to BookCrossing! I'm glad you're already releasing books ahaving fun! Anyway, to see your wishlist, go to the "My Bookshelf" tab in the Home section. You will find different categories to sort your books in, including your wishlist. Hope this helps! :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image

Wish list

Hi, Im new and was wondering where I find the wish lists for people looking for certain books?

Looking forward to being part of it all. Released my first two books into the wild yesterday. Cant wait to see how they go.

Thanks!
Profile Image
Hi and welcome to BookCrossing! I'm glad you're already releasing books ahaving fun! Anyway, to see your wishlist, go to the "My Bookshelf" tab in the Home section. You will find different categories to sort your books in, including your wishlist. Hope this helps! :)
Profile Image
Books amble, leap, trot and meander around and about when they head off on their travels and it may by a long time before you hear from any at all so KEEP HEART and in the interim get registering as many as you possibly can and set them travelling!

If you are looking for a sure fire way to hear back from books swapping books with other BookCrossers [BC’ers] at MeetUps and by post is going to do the job.

As you have worked out one way of swapping books with other BookCrossers is to check out if any books you have registered are wanted by others – in other words finding out if your book is on others wishlists. You do this by bringing onscreen a book you have registered then, clicking on the wee globe [the global over view] on the right, it’s above the journal entries. Then clicking on ‘Wishes for this book’ and take it from there.

Alternatively you could do a search on a book you may be considering registering with BookCrossing and as I mentioned already head to ‘Wishes for this book’…

Of course you’ll want to have a clutch of registered books of your own in your Available’s listings so you have books on hand to offer for swaps if other BC’ers contact you. Sometimes you will find disappointingly, that those you contact with the offer of a book swap don’t respond, and it may be because they are no longer active or possibly your Private Message [PM] ended up in their spam box? Don’t despair though, the longer you have been BookCrossing the greater the chances for success!

Also finding out if there are Official BookCrossing Zones [OBCZ’s] in your vicinity to release books in would be dandy as it entirely possible other BookCrossers may pick up your books from them. Little Free Libraries are in addition a good release spot as others whether BookCrosser or not may be happy to make ‘catch’ journal entries on your released books.

The ‘by post’ option could involve getting interest on the forums for books you want to send off on Book Rings [the book travels from one to another BookCrosser’s - who sign up to a list - then comes back to you] or Book Rays [the book travels till it reaches the last on a list and at that point it’s up to them where it heads next.]

Apologies I have run on much more than I intended but if you got to the end here you’ll have lots to think on! Honestly there are heaps more ideas you will be able to pick-up from bookcrosser’s once you get going and you find the things that really give you a buzz when BookCrossing.

So again KEEP HEART and welcome to the fun!
Cheers rainbow3

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.