corner corner Can we trade books or do you know who does?

Forum | << Newbies | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
I do most of my releases as Controlled Releases. When I have a book I'd like to trade I check to see if it's on anyone's WishList. If it is, I send a Personal Message (PM) to that member and offer to trade the book I have for a particular book on their AvailableList. If they do want to trade they'll have to send their address to you and you'll also have to give them your mailing address. Exchange addresses in Personal Messages which are private communication and don't show up in the Forums. You don't have to have read a book to trade it. Also, if some one asks for a trade you can say no. You're not required to trade. Occasionally, I've traded one book for two if one is a long or expensive book and the other end of the trade is small paperbacks.

As an added bonus, I've found my Controlled Releases get more Journal Entries than my Wild Releases.

My strategy is to do both Controlled and Wild Releases along with an occasional RABCK.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello - I just found out about Book Crossing, I opened a book that I have had for years that I received through swaptree.com (when they were still around) and found the label inside. I loved being able to send books I read to someone else and receive a book I was dying for. Is there a way to do the same thing on this website or do you know of anther website that trades books?
Thanks -Newbie
Profile Image

Hi RianneP

Welcome to BookCrossing. Nice to have you with us.
You should try out the Random and Not-So-Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness Forum there is all kinds of book swapping going on.
Good Luck.
Profile Image
As well as the Random and Not-So-Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness forum I would recommend you check out the Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes forum - there are some rings and rays for particular books but also bookboxes, which I love! A box of books gets sent around and people choose books to take and replace them with other books.
Profile Image
I do most of my releases as Controlled Releases. When I have a book I'd like to trade I check to see if it's on anyone's WishList. If it is, I send a Personal Message (PM) to that member and offer to trade the book I have for a particular book on their AvailableList. If they do want to trade they'll have to send their address to you and you'll also have to give them your mailing address. Exchange addresses in Personal Messages which are private communication and don't show up in the Forums. You don't have to have read a book to trade it. Also, if some one asks for a trade you can say no. You're not required to trade. Occasionally, I've traded one book for two if one is a long or expensive book and the other end of the trade is small paperbacks.

As an added bonus, I've found my Controlled Releases get more Journal Entries than my Wild Releases.

My strategy is to do both Controlled and Wild Releases along with an occasional RABCK.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.