corner corner Released a book - it was found before I could get to my computer!

Forum | << Newbies | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
But you could edit the first Journal Entry and put there where it has been released

That's what I do too (if I'm lucky enough to get a quick catch). I just add a note stating when and where it was released and that it was caught before I could post at the end of my previous JE. Congrats.

You are correct, MelissaLD , that it isn't a good idea to do a release note after someone has journaled it , as that makes the book look like it is back in your possession again.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
So I was at a conference out-of-town and left 2 books. By the time I got home the next day, one of the had been found! My very first wild release that someone caught. So exciting. Problem is - I didn't get home to my computer in time to list that I had released it. I guess it's not a big deal - they put where it had been found. But is there a way for me to put a release note now to explain it's journey from one side of my state to another?
Profile Image
Congratulations on your catch, that was fast!

the release note cannot be done afterwards, if it has been caught (would mess up the fact that the book is caught). But you could edit the first Journal Entry and put there where it has been released
Profile Image
But you could edit the first Journal Entry and put there where it has been released

That's what I do too (if I'm lucky enough to get a quick catch). I just add a note stating when and where it was released and that it was caught before I could post at the end of my previous JE. Congrats.

You are correct, MelissaLD , that it isn't a good idea to do a release note after someone has journaled it , as that makes the book look like it is back in your possession again.
Profile Image

Thank you!

Thank you both for the information. I have gone into my original journal entry and updated it there.
Profile Image
Congratulations on the very quick catch! I often do release notes beforehand - then if I change the release location I can then go and edit the release note even if the book is caught quickly.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.