corner corner definitions question

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

definitions question

What classifies a book as "caught" vs "found"? Does someone have to make a release note first for a book to show up as "caught"? I've gotten two BC registered books, and it seems that neither showed up as "caught". I just checked and it does seem that both had release notes...

Complete Thread

Profile Image
What classifies a book as "caught" vs "found"? Does someone have to make a release note first for a book to show up as "caught"? I've gotten two BC registered books, and it seems that neither showed up as "caught". I just checked and it does seem that both had release notes...
Profile Image
Hi. The site's Frequently Asked Questions page ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/faqs ) includes the definition of "caught" vs. "found", which may help. It is true that, stats-wise, the presence or absence of release notes makes a difference. The site doesn't add catches to the stats if there were no release notes in between the previous journaler's entries and the newest JE.

When I click on the "books found" link for your profile I see two books, both of which you received from other BCers and journaled, and your stats show two "books found", so you're good!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.