corner corner computer glitch

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

computer glitch

I had a computer glitch with a pre-printed label and my first try showed up as "anonymous finder", and now I can't get the book to show up on my bookshelf. I tried pretending I "caught" the book but it still isn't showing up in my list. What can I do to fix this? I want it to show up in my bookshelf.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I had a computer glitch with a pre-printed label and my first try showed up as "anonymous finder", and now I can't get the book to show up on my bookshelf. I tried pretending I "caught" the book but it still isn't showing up in my list. What can I do to fix this? I want it to show up in my bookshelf.
Profile Image
Making a new journal entry should help... doesn't that work? What happens when you try? Can you give us the part of the BCID after the hyphen?
Profile Image
The book is called The Redemption of Sarah Cain by Beverly Lewis, and the BCID is ...-14201143. I tried making a new JE but it's still not showing up on my bookshelf. I don't understand.

[Prefix of BCID edited out by BC Support. Please don't post full BCIDs in the forum, in order to avoid false journal entries; the part after the dash is enough for others to be able to see the book. Thanks!]
Profile Image
I tried making a new JE but it's still not showing up on my bookshelf.

I see it on your bookshelf. Is it possible that the display options are set in such a way that it's being hidden from view? Try the small dark green tab that's hanging off from the bigger green bar at the top of your book list.
Profile Image

bookshelf

I see it now but why is it showing a date in September and not a couple of days ago? Also, how can someone look up the book without the whole BCID?
Profile Image
I see it now but why is it showing a date in September and not a couple of days ago?

That I don't know; is it possible that you entered the BCID back in September and didn't complete the process? That might have set the registration date even though the book wasn't completely registered.

Also, how can someone look up the book without the whole BCID?

That's easy: the public portion of the BCID is part of the URL, so if you just add those digits to "http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/", you'll see the book in question.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.