corner corner Facebook posts

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Facebook posts

Have you all seen that "book exchange" post that's going around Facebook? I searched for the "#bookexchange" hashtag and started mentioning Book Crossing to the people who are posting this thing and I got a new member referral from it! Just an idea to promote BC and maybe get more people involved.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Have you all seen that "book exchange" post that's going around Facebook? I searched for the "#bookexchange" hashtag and started mentioning Book Crossing to the people who are posting this thing and I got a new member referral from it! Just an idea to promote BC and maybe get more people involved.
Profile Image
It's a post that says something like this:

Participants wanted for a book loving social experiment. You'll send one book to a stranger and receive several books in return from other participants. Comment if you're interested and I'll message you the details.

Then they are attaching the hashtags "#bookexchange", "#longlivebooks", and "#savetheculture"

So I searched the hashtag "#bookexchange" and started letting people know about BC. To date I've gotten 3 new member referrals from it!
Profile Image
Sounds like a chain-letter pyramid-scheme type thing.
Profile Image

FB post

Yes, it kind of is but I'm sort of using it to spread the word about BC. I've gotten 2 books sent to me from this so far and I'm sending a couple out.
Profile Image
I've seen it! Actually, a friend told me about it right after I gave her a BC book and explained it. She said, I know just where to send this next!

So instead of finding a new member through the exchange, a probable new member showed it to me! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.