corner corner About releasing my books

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

About releasing my books

I have some books I would love to share.
I'm worried nobody will pick them up and end up in the trash or worse. How can I find people interested in them?
I live in Los Angeles and don't mind having to go to nearby cities.

Can I get some help registering the books?
I would really appreciate the help =)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have some books I would love to share.
I'm worried nobody will pick them up and end up in the trash or worse. How can I find people interested in them?
I live in Los Angeles and don't mind having to go to nearby cities.

Can I get some help registering the books?
I would really appreciate the help =)
Profile Image
Can I get some help registering the books?I would really appreciate the help =)

Hi SDKBloo, welcome to bookcrossing.
I see you registered at least one book, so you are doing it right.
If you go to the right side of your screen and press Information and then FAQs you find lost of info that might be helpfull.
Good Luck and Enjoy BC.
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! While there's no guarantee that someone will make a journal entry on your books, there are lots of ways to improve the odds. As Camperfan suggested, reading the FAQs and other information is a good starting point. You might also like to browse the Site Watch forum, where people post interesting catches - it's reassuring to see the books that *did* get caught, and you may get some ideas about release spots too.

I like to leave books in all sorts of places, from public benches or statues to official book-swap shelves of various kinds. The Little Free Library movement offers a lot of swap-spots, and I see there are several in Los Angeles, with one of them showing up on the current "go hunting" page as well:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/2128

[The Little Free Library web-site's own map can be used to search for LFLs in specific towns: https://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/ ]

If you think you might be interested in swapping books by mail, you can check out the "Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness" forum. It's a way to offer specific books to people who may be wishing for them - but I do recommend doing some wild releases too.

Hope that helps, and that you enjoy BookCrossing!
Profile Image
Although a book might not get a journal entry, it's likely that it's picked up anyway as long as you don't place it in the middle of nowhere, where there's rarely a person passing by.

I do generally not place books on or very close to litter bins. Just in case...

But I've placed books in many different places. Playgrounds, on frequently used forest paths, at buses, bus and train stations, shopping malls, OBCZ's, at benches in city centre and parks etc.

I've got some journal entries from new members or anonymous finders, which are really happy to find a free, travelling book somewhere, and who think the consept is really interesting! And I bet that some finders of my non-journalled books thinks the same!

Good luck!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.