corner corner How to thank a finder?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How to thank a finder?

Is there a way to thank an anonymous finder?

Apart from making a journal entry (which appears to demand the same information as a release), how do I acknowledge the finder?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Is there a way to thank an anonymous finder?

Apart from making a journal entry (which appears to demand the same information as a release), how do I acknowledge the finder?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Profile Image
As far as I know, there is n't. Because he/she wants to be anonymous :-)
Profile Image
First, congrats on the catch! They're rare enough to be worth celebrating when you get one {grin}.

Adding a new JE is possible, but I don't like to do that, as it makes the book appear to be back in my hands. Oh, I could set the status to "traveling" so the book doesn't show in my own bookshelf, and can explain what my JE is about in the text, but it still tends to muddy the book's travel history a bit.

While I don't always try to post a thank-you to a finder, I've had some really lovely anonymous JEs that I did want to acknowledge. In those cases, I went in and edited my own release notes to add a section with "Update: (date) - thanks so much to the finder..." Unless the finder happens to view the book's entries again they won't see this, but it's possible that they will - and it can let future finders know that I appreciated the post.
Profile Image
Thank you!

Books passing from hand to hand is a sort of adventure, who knows where they go, and if BC chronicles some of those travels then I’m happy.

It’s indeed a rare event, but if someone makes the effort to find this site, enters the BCID and leaves a comment, I want to acknowledge it. Even if they never see it, future finders may do so.

I share the same doubts about making a new JE as you, but your comment made me realise that perhaps my initial release notes should be more chatty and interesting, while including a thank you as well.

A “Hello new owner, thanks for coming here” type of thing may feel a less sterile and more engaging.

Thank you so much!

All the best :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.