corner corner Released books haven't come up in statistics as being released

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Released books haven't come up in statistics as being released

Hi
I released some books a few hours ago, just wondering why they haven't shown up in the profile as being released. Have we done it wrong, or does it take a while to show up?
Many thanks

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi
I released some books a few hours ago, just wondering why they haven't shown up in the profile as being released. Have we done it wrong, or does it take a while to show up?
Many thanks
Profile Image
or does it take a while to show up?

Yes it does :-)
Now the stats count 2 wild releases.

Welcome to bookcrossing
Profile Image
Hm, I see that it might take some hours for books to show up as "wild release" in the statistics. But two of my books released last week haven't shown up as "released". Can it even take that long - or may I have made some mistake?

Best,
HereroNama
Profile Image
But two of my books released last week haven't shown up as "released". Can it even take that long - or may I have made some mistake?

Hi, and welcome! I looked at your bookshelf and saw one book with release notes and two with status "traveling" but without release notes. The release notes are what drive the "books released" stats, so that one is the only one that should appear on your profile page as a book-released - but it appears that you set the release date/time in advance. The stats-page won't show releases that are dated in the future, but now that the book's release date/time has come, it should appear in your stats very soon.

Not sure why the other books (did you have two copies of the same one, or was that an accidental registered-a-duplicate?) don't have release notes. You can make new release notes for them if you want to, making sure to set the release date/time to whenever you actually did leave the books, and then that'll update to your stats as well.
Profile Image

(...)did you have two copies of the same one, or was that an accidental registered-a-duplicate?(...)

These two form a pair, a bi-lingual dictionary. They differ in the direction of translation.
Profile Image
I sent out two books in July 2016 and in the city released shows no books ever released in Pueblo Colorado. I wild one in Pueblo at the YMCA. It has been 4 months and no statistics of it . I have release notes on both. thanks
Profile Image
I sent out two books in July 2016 and in the city released shows no books ever released in Pueblo Colorado. I wild one in Pueblo at the YMCA. It has been 4 months and no statistics of it .

Hi. The "go hunting" pages only show locations where books have been released within the past 30 days, to avoid cluttering them with long-past listings. (You can see other release locations that have no recent releases by clicking on the "view all" box.)

I did find a problem, though: it seems that there are multiple entries for "Pueblo" in Colorado. (The site isn't as good as it should be about preventing the addition of duplicate towns; you should always look through the town list to see if the town's already there before adding a new one.) I've consolidated them into one, but it looks as though more location-list housekeeping could be done in Colorado!

If you go to your own bookshelf, click on your books, and then click on the release locations, you should see all books released at those locations that have not yet been journaled. If one of your books does get journaled, it will no longer show on the release-location list at all. Hope that helps explain how that part of the process works!

And do be patient: some books are journaled right after release, but others may wait months or even years before someone finds and journals them. Check out the Site Watch forum for some reassuring catches!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.