corner corner Trying to get some books registered?

Forum | << Newbies | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Hi

How does one really register a book not found via the search?

I only receive error message "Something is wrong", not very helpful ...

//Johan

Error can be that you added spaces or hyphens in the ISBN, should be entered just all the numbers in a row.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello, wonder if anyone out there can help us to get some books registered. I've been trying to do this tonight, and find myself stumped at the first hurdle! It says 'enter the title or ISBN number...' etc but then appears to give no designated area in which to do so. Instead, the next entry asks for the 'locale' which I don't understand. For instance, there is the option of choosing UK and the Amazon website, but I don't see what Amazon has to do with our books...!!?? Then it asks for a 'search term' and likewise I don't know what is meant by this. Should I put the title and ISBN under 'search term' or is it something else? Thanks for any help you can give.
Profile Image
Should I put the title and ISBN under 'search term' or is it something else?

Yep, go with that. The Amazon/Google/other-database option has to do with how the site looks up the book's information and cover-art. You can use your favorite option from that list.

When you enter a search term and hit the button, the site should bring up a selection matching the ISBN or title you entered; click on the one closest to your book, and follow the instructions from there. Or, if there are no matching search results, you can use the "skip search" button to avoid all that and enter the title/author/category/ISBN yourself.

Once you've registered a book or two you'll see how it goes, and it'll seem less confusing!
Profile Image
For instance, there is the option of choosing UK and the Amazon website, but I don't see what Amazon has to do with our books...!!??

For instance, a book can have a different title in USA and UK, so when searching a book title, you might have to try both US and UK Amazon and maybe some of the other options to get a hit on the book.
Many Norwegian books aren't found by the seach option at all, which means that I have to enter title, author, ISBN myself, after hitting "skip search".
Profile Image
Thanks for your help, GoryDetails and CathrineB, have now successfully registered some books and will release soon.
Profile Image
Hi

//Johan
Profile Image

You can click on "skip search" and then enter the details about the book yourself.
Profile Image
Hi

//Johan

Error can be that you added spaces or hyphens in the ISBN, should be entered just all the numbers in a row.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.