corner corner BC Store: Greek labels?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BC Store: Greek labels?

Unfortunately due to capital controls here in Greece I can not purchase any labels or book crossing supplies right now, but I started creating some bookplates to have readily available for future purchase and use. I noticed there are options for labels on many languages, at least on the portrait format, but not any in Greek. Do I make something wrong and I can not see them, or there aren't any available on the store?

Furthermore, I think it will be nice to be able to customise labels which might offer more options on the languages, eg featuring the standard text in more than one language... I know that supply kits etc offer some such standard multilingual lables, but what about customized labels throught the store?

Is there anything I don't see or doing wrong?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Unfortunately due to capital controls here in Greece I can not purchase any labels or book crossing supplies right now, but I started creating some bookplates to have readily available for future purchase and use. I noticed there are options for labels on many languages, at least on the portrait format, but not any in Greek. Do I make something wrong and I can not see them, or there aren't any available on the store?

Furthermore, I think it will be nice to be able to customise labels which might offer more options on the languages, eg featuring the standard text in more than one language... I know that supply kits etc offer some such standard multilingual lables, but what about customized labels throught the store?

Is there anything I don't see or doing wrong?
Profile Image
Thanks for the nudge... I've been meaning to make labels in Greek available in the Store. I'll do my best to make that happen within a month or so. Please feel free to re-nudge me if I don't!

As for lables with multiple languages: that's not going to happen soon, because it would need an entirely different template or even a set of templates. But there's always the good old International Label, which has Greek.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/store#!/International-Bookplate/p/55697238/category=14896029
Profile Image
Thank you very much Moem, this would do for the time been : )
I am really sorry that I can not buy any labels right now, as all my credit cards are linked to Greek accounts and do not work abroad, but fingers crossed the situation will ease a bit during next few months....

PS: I know that my bookself seems rather poor, but trust me, right now I prepare many books for wild-realising : ) For the time been I hand-write and/or print on paper some labels and glue them to books and slowly start registering those books here before letting them start their journey...
Profile Image
I am really sorry that I can not buy any labels right now

Hey, please don't worry about that. BookCrossing is free to use, whether or not you contribute financially, and that's how we want it to be. If you want to buy labels, and can do so in the future, that is great; if not, we're happy to have you, too!
Profile Image
Just for the future: they're in the Store now! There's a template for the Label Creator, as well as the classic Store bookplates in Greek. Those are newly added, but the template in the Label Creator had been present before and gotten lost somehow. So I'm doubly grateful for the nudge, as it caused us to find that problem and fix it!

Russian and Croatian templates are back too. :-D
Profile Image
I'll go and have a look right now : )
Profile Image
Thanks once again!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.