corner corner I want my friends to do it with me how should I try to convince them?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I want my friends to do it with me how should I try to convince them?

I want to do Book Crossing with my friends, but I don't know how. I think it would be fun if we all release books together. How should I do it?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I want to do Book Crossing with my friends, but I don't know how. I think it would be fun if we all release books together. How should I do it?
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! Without knowing your friends I can't say whether they'd be likely to want to participate, but you could get started on your own and then show them some of your releases. I like to leave books in interesting or scenic spots - historical markers, statues, near flowerbeds in public parks, etc. - with photographs in the release notes; if you did that with a book or two, you could show the photos to your friends and see if they'd like to try it too. (If you get a catch, that might make things even more interesting, but there are no guarantees on whether someone will journal a book. Do browse the Site Watch forum for examples of catches, though; it might give you some ideas for releases, and can be reassuring if you don't get a catch of your own right away.)
Profile Image
Thanks GoryDetails! I will have to try that!
Profile Image
But I keep trying! Mostly by giving them registered books...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.