corner corner Multiple copies of same book

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Multiple copies of same book

I've written my first book and I've gotten a BCID for it. I want to release multiple copies of it into the wild. So do I use the same BCID number for each copy or if say I release 5 copies, do I have to get a separate BCID for each individual copy. I plan on shipping a couple copies overseas where a person will place my book in locations over there. Thanks in advance.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I've written my first book and I've gotten a BCID for it. I want to release multiple copies of it into the wild. So do I use the same BCID number for each copy or if say I release 5 copies, do I have to get a separate BCID for each individual copy. I plan on shipping a couple copies overseas where a person will place my book in locations over there. Thanks in advance.
Profile Image
every copy of every book gets an individual and unique BCID number, so you can see each book's journey separately, since they are all released at different times and places and go their own ways.

From the FAQs: http://www.bookcrossing.com/faqs

"The big immovable, unchallengeable rule in BookCrossing is One Book, One BCID. That means that each physical copy of a book gets its own BCID. If you have 3 copies of your favorite book, each will be registered separately and receive a different BCID."

Welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy it here and get many readers for your book.
Profile Image
Okay, thank you. I'll have to get those new BCIDs and plop new labels on.
Profile Image
Just wanted to add my welcome - and congratulations on your book! It looks really good! (I don't know if you've ever pursued BBQ in the New England area - which, granted, isn't known as a hotbed of that cuisine - but BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge MA is very well worth a visit.)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.