corner corner BCID#S

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BCID#S

I listed some books earlier today and was given bcID#s for them. I placed an order for labels and noticed that the number are already on the lables. Can I change the ID#s when I get the labels or do I delete the books I posted and re-enter them, but not get an assigned BCID#

Complete Thread

Profile Image

BCID#S

I listed some books earlier today and was given bcID#s for them. I placed an order for labels and noticed that the number are already on the lables. Can I change the ID#s when I get the labels or do I delete the books I posted and re-enter them, but not get an assigned BCID#
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! You can't delete books you've already registered, so the simplest thing to do now would be to use your supply-store labels to register new books, and to leave your existing registered books with the BCIDs they already have. You can label those books by hand, writing the BookCrossing information inside if you like, or using blank labels; there should be free downloadable blank labels on the "download labels" page from the "how to BookCross" page (see the information tab, or use this link: http://www.bookcrossing.com/labels ).

When you get your prenumbered labels, remember to use the "journal entry" page to activate them; do not use the "register book" page for books that already have BCIDs in them, as that will create a new BCID instead of using the existing one.

I hope that helps. It can be a bit confusing at first!

The supply-store labels can be purchased blank, fwiw, and I believe they can be purchased in very small numbers, so if you wanted, you could order a few more labels *without* the prenumbered BCIDs, and use those on the books you've already registered. But the hand-labeling method I mentioned is also perfectly fine, and you don't have to wait for another package to arrive {wry grin}.
Profile Image
Ok now I have another question. I released one of my books today, but it does not say anything under # of releases. Does that change when someone picks up the book and registers it?
Profile Image
Ok now I have another question. I released one of my books today, but it does not say anything under # of releases. Does that change when someone picks up the book and registers it?

The profile stats don't update instantly, but at intervals, so it may take a little while for your new releases to show up. I see one release on your profile now, so you may be all caught up there. The "books released" count will not change when someone finds and journals one of your books, but you will see a new number in your "releases caught" column.

Good luck with your release!
Profile Image
Thanks for your help.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.