corner corner Wish List?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Wish List?

How can I tell if the book I just finished is on someone's wish list?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
How can I tell if the book I just finished is on someone's wish list?
Profile Image
The "search" option under the "books & people" tab has its own separate tab for "wishlist" searches; that will let you enter the title and author of your book and then search for wishes, with options to sort by the wisher's location if you want to limit your offers to your own country. There's also the global-overview page's "wished for" link; to get to that, click on the globe-icon on your book's BC page, and then click on the "wishes for this book" link on the resulting overview page. [That option is a bit easier to get to, but I usually use the advanced-search page, as that lets me get a broader search by entering only the main title - no subtitles - and the author's last name. This helps find wishes that were entered with different subtitles and with variations on the author's name.]

Note that once you've found a wish, you should check out the profile page of the person who wished it. Some people use the wishlists for their own recordkeeping, not to invite trade or RABCK offers from others, and may say as much on the profile page.

If I'm offering a wishlist book to someone, I'll generally set a time limit for a reply, so that if I don't hear back from them within {mumble} time, I can offer the book elsewhere without worrying about it. Something like "If you'd like me to send the book, please send me your address within the next week".

Another way to deal with books that you'd like to share with BCers: offer them in the "Random Acts" forum, or, if the book is one that you think many people might like, as a bookray (if you don't want it back) or bookring (if you do) in the Bookrings forum. You can browse those forums to see how people typically make such offers, if that's something that appeals to you.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.