corner corner My first BC book, forgot to jot down the bcid

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

My first BC book, forgot to jot down the bcid

I picked up a BC book at church, read it, and released it. However I forgot to jot down the bcid, and now I cannot do a journal entry for it. I can find it in the list, as I know who had it previously, but without that bcid I cannot write an entry, or add it to my bookshelf. Is there a way to do this?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I picked up a BC book at church, read it, and released it. However I forgot to jot down the bcid, and now I cannot do a journal entry for it. I can find it in the list, as I know who had it previously, but without that bcid I cannot write an entry, or add it to my bookshelf. Is there a way to do this?
Profile Image
Shouldn't be a problem. Send a note to Support through the link at the bottom of the page, they can see the full BCID on the book's journal page, and they'll help you out.
Profile Image
I couldn't find a "Support" button, but I emailed BC. So far I haven't heard back yet. :(
Profile Image
actually says Contact Us and here it is:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/contact
Profile Image

yes

That's the link I used. I hope they get back to me. I have a couple of books I'd like to 'release', but if I can't figure all of this out....who knows.
Profile Image

RE: yes

I have a couple of books I'd like to 'release', but if I can't figure all of this out....who knows.

You can register and release your own books without having to contact Support; just check out the "How to BookCross" and "Frequently Asked Questions" items under the "information" tab for the steps you need to take. (You don't have to wait until you've heard back about the book you found; you can journal that at any time, once you have the BCID.)

Hope you enjoy BookCrossing!
Profile Image
I have a couple of books I'd like to 'release', but if I can't figure all of this out....who knows.

You can register and release your own books without having to contact Support; just check out the "How to BookCross" and "Frequently Asked Questions" items under the "information" tab for the steps you need to take. (You don't have to wait until you've heard back about the book you found; you can journal that at any time, once you have the BCID.)

Hope you enjoy BookCrossing!

This is my problem: I forgot to write down the BCID. :( I'd like to journal, but cannot.
Profile Image
This is my problem: I forgot to write down the BCID. :( I'd like to journal, but cannot.

I understand that, but you did say you'd like to begin releasing your own books too, and you can do that right away!
Profile Image
Was it To much Tuscan sun?
then this might be the answer:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/526525

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.