corner corner I need help keeping a journey going!

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I need help keeping a journey going!

I found a book!
There was a bookmark inside with a "referred by GlacierGirl" at the bottom... there was a yellow post-it type note inside the front cover... but no identifying number or code to be able to track the book!
I'd like to find out what the book should be identified as for future readers!

The book is "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" by Terry McMillan. It was discovered in the Market Building in Olympia, Washington USA... Can anyone help me find the identity of this book so it's history/journey isn't lost?

This is my first introduction to this wonderful idea, to book crossing.com, and hopefully the first of many books that will pass through my hands!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I found a book!
There was a bookmark inside with a "referred by GlacierGirl" at the bottom... there was a yellow post-it type note inside the front cover... but no identifying number or code to be able to track the book!
I'd like to find out what the book should be identified as for future readers!

The book is "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" by Terry McMillan. It was discovered in the Market Building in Olympia, Washington USA... Can anyone help me find the identity of this book so it's history/journey isn't lost?

This is my first introduction to this wonderful idea, to book crossing.com, and hopefully the first of many books that will pass through my hands!
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! I searched for that book and found a copy registered by glaciergirl; seems it was released seven years ago! Here's the link:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6371295/

If you haven't already done so, try looking through the book for the BCID; it might be written on an inside cover or flyleaf, perhaps at the end of the book, or even on the page-edges; it'll look like: xxx-yyyyyyy.

If there's really no number written in the book at all, the final seven digits of the number are included in the link, so we know that much. But to find the first three digits, you'll either need to send a Private Message to glaciergirl and ask if she can send them to you, or use the "contact us" link to send a request to BC Support for help in finding the rest of the BCID. (It seems that glaciergirl hasn't been active in some time, so the "contact us" option might be quicker.)

Hope you enjoy BookCrossing!
Profile Image
Welcome to BookCrossing. To bad you had to find a book with this difficulty. I hope you find the number and will decide to join us. It is fun (normally :-)
Profile Image

Welcome

And, thank you for making the extra effort to journal the book! Good luck :)
Profile Image
Welcome to Bookcrossing! It's always great to see a new member who joined after finding a book. It gives us all hope!

I did a little research, and it is possible that it is this book (found on GlacierGirl's bookshelf): http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6371295/

Books do show up years after being released. It looks like she hasn't been active since 2010, but you could try sending her a PM and asking for the full BCID number (the first three "secret" numbers). I did that once when I received an envelope with the book missing, so I could journal that it was lost (actually, I said it "escaped.")

It's possible that the label fell off or was torn out or GlacierGirl forgot to label it. A lot of times, I will also write the BCID number inside the book, so try ruffling the pages to see if there is any handwritten number inside.

If that fails, you can PM Bookcrossing and ask if they will give you the full number (assuming they agree that's the book). Look at the menu under "Information" for "Contact Us".

Good Luck!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.