corner corner Labels - printing issue

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Labels - printing issue

Hello all,

I have just registered and wanted to get started by using the free-to-print labels. All that prints is the 10 unique BCID numbers - in the right location on the page. The description of the program and book logo are not there!

The facts:
1 - I downloaded the labels - they download as a .pdf file
2 - I see everything that should print when the page is in preview.
3 - I have tried printing via the menu bar as well as the print icon in the .pdf document with the same result.
4 - I have not had printer issues and all settings look ok. I have tried all - just in case.

Anyone have any ideas of how to print the complete label?
Many thanks

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello all,

I have just registered and wanted to get started by using the free-to-print labels. All that prints is the 10 unique BCID numbers - in the right location on the page. The description of the program and book logo are not there!

The facts:
1 - I downloaded the labels - they download as a .pdf file
2 - I see everything that should print when the page is in preview.
3 - I have tried printing via the menu bar as well as the print icon in the .pdf document with the same result.
4 - I have not had printer issues and all settings look ok. I have tried all - just in case.

Anyone have any ideas of how to print the complete label?
Many thanks
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! Sorry you're having trouble with the labels. I use those all the time and haven't run into a problem like that. Maybe... a mismatch of some kind between the PDF-file and whatever version of PDF-reader you're using? Or your particular configuration - computer/operating-system/PDF-reader/printer, etc. - might help in figuring this out.

Have you tried downloading the blank-label PDF file? It would be interesting to know whether that one prints correctly or not. (If it does, you could use those labels to register books individually - or you could write the prenumbered-label BCIDs into the spaces on those labels, though that does rather detract from the advantage of using prenums in the first place!)
Profile Image
or you could write the prenumbered-label BCIDs into the spaces on those labels, though that does rather detract from the advantage of using prenums in the first place!)

Actually, when you call it up, you can type in the numbers yourself in the blank labels. My handwriting is so bad, that when I discovered that I was much happier.
Profile Image
Thanks quietorchid. I like that idea, but my set up would not allow me to type the numbers on to the pdf. For now it is handwriting the BCID.
Appreciate your ideas and help.
Cheers
Profile Image
Thank you GoryDetails - as you suggest I suspect it is a gap somewhere in the process. I tried your suggestion, and the pdf-file without the BCID numbers printed correctly. I'll hand write the numbers the system already assigned me into these labels to get started. I am glad you suggested this workaround.

Am including my observations in case these forums are monitored for feedback.
I assumed the two files would perform the same way, but there were differences:
1 - When I clicked on the link to each version: The file with BCID numbers downloaded first, then I tried to print. The file without BCID allowed me to print from the browser or to download first - either method printed correctly.
2 - I am using a Mac and Safari. In future will try another browser, such as FireFox to see if I get a different result.

Thanks again - I can make my first release!
Profile Image
I can make my first release!

Good luck, and fingers crossed for an reply.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.