corner corner First Book - Unable To Register

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

First Book - Unable To Register

Hello, I'm an older bloke from antipodean Tasmania. I have looked at this site for a few weeks and thought to become involved. I hooked up yesterday and attempted to set a BCID to a book recently read that deserves to do the rounds. Problem is, I am unable to register it. I keyed in title, author, isbn, all to no avail. How can I - you! - overcome this impasse? The book is titled, Children Of Siberia, compiled by Irena Kurtinaityte Aras and Vidmantas Zavadskis, isbn 978-9955-03-770-5. Any suggestions, please?
Thanks, TassieJohn

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello, I'm an older bloke from antipodean Tasmania. I have looked at this site for a few weeks and thought to become involved. I hooked up yesterday and attempted to set a BCID to a book recently read that deserves to do the rounds. Problem is, I am unable to register it. I keyed in title, author, isbn, all to no avail. How can I - you! - overcome this impasse? The book is titled, Children Of Siberia, compiled by Irena Kurtinaityte Aras and Vidmantas Zavadskis, isbn 978-9955-03-770-5. Any suggestions, please?
Thanks, TassieJohn
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! Sorry you ran into trouble on your first book-registration. I tried entering the ISBN you provided into the "search" field, hyphens and all, and the lookup did find "Children of Siberia", so my first guess - that the hyphens caused the problem - may not be correct. [If you were using the "skip lookup" button to enter the fields yourself, it's possible that *that* page doesn't like an ISBN with hyphens; you could try entering just the digits to see if that helps.]

If that doesn't make a difference, could you please reply with more info on exactly what happened when you clicked the "Register book" button? If any kind of error message appeared, that might be helpful.

If you pressed the button and nothing happened at all... well, that's trickier. Did you select a category from the "Category"-field drop-down list? I think a message appears if you omit this, but it may not be obvious.

Hope this helps!
Profile Image
Cheers! Keyed isbn without the publisher's hyphens. Worked! Registered! Labelled! Freed!
Profile Image
Hi TassieJohn, welcome to BookCrossing.
Worked! Registered! Labelled! Freed!

It's fun isn't it?
Profile Image
Cheers! Keyed isbn without the publisher's hyphens. Worked! Registered! Labelled! Freed!

So happy that it worked for you! i hope you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do!
Profile Image
you made it - GREAT
already 2 books registered ☺

Just carry on and have fun with bookcrossing...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.