corner corner How to Start with Book Marketing - Deborah Ferrari

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How to Start with Book Marketing - Deborah Ferrari

Hello All,

I am Deborah Ferrari living in US. I have a book written by my author friend but we are confused how to get started with the releasing and marketing process and from where we should start?
Your suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Deborah Ferrari.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello All,

I am Deborah Ferrari living in US. I have a book written by my author friend but we are confused how to get started with the releasing and marketing process and from where we should start?
Your suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Deborah Ferrari.
Profile Image
I don't think we can help you with that. We don't really do anything here that has to do with selling books, we prefer to give them away. But as far as I know, the publisher is generally the one to release and market the book, not the author or her friends.
Profile Image
Hello Moem,

I agree with you that publisher is the one to release and market book but before hiring a publisher we must know and clear from our side what is the right procedure.

Deborah Ferrari.
Profile Image
I have a book written by my author friend but we are confused how to get started with the releasing and marketing process and from where we should start?

Hi, and welcome! If you'd like to use BookCrossing to share copies of your author-friend's book, you can certainly do that - you'd just register one or more copies of the book and then release them into the wild or offer to mail them to interested parties via the Bookring or "Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness" forums. To get started, see the "How to BookCross" entry under the "information" tab.

While you could consider this as "marketing", in the same way that offering free Advance Reader Copies might be, I hope you'd also find it fun - and perhaps consider BookCrossing other books besides those written by your friend!

Here's an example of a bookray that was started to help encourage interest in a particular author:

The Bookring-forum post: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/496311

The actual book's journal entries: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12057358/

Hope that helps!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.